Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
lol did anyone else catch the “unbiased” ABC reporting of SSM last night?

One of the stories was about the high no vote in western Sydney.

The reporter was apparently ‘surprised’ and had ‘no idea’ why the no vote was so high in these electorates. Of course she also managed to blurt out how “diverse” these electorates are but refused to utter the M word even once.
M word? Motherfucker? Moot? Menstruating?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no issue with people taking a view on Bolt but at least use an open and questioning mind and stick to the post which I wrote about the ABC story. Do you not think the reporting is fairly questionable and makes a huge omission by not accurately referring to the demographics of those electorates?
I don't. This is standard non-biased reporting. If the report said, "Western Sydney voted No because they're Muslims", that would be considered biased and inferring something without sufficient evidence. So instead they said, "We don't know why but it is a multicultural area and we interviewed the people who said it was because they're religious"

It seems like you are upset that the ABC isn't being bias. Most people get upset when the media are bias.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just tune into the bolt report, i'm sure he will be reporting all the facts without a hint of bias.
In before Bolt report isn’t taxpayer funded. No, it isn’t, but it’s also objectively a shittier source of news.... ideological slant or not at least it (abc) still presents facts and stories that have some semblance of news value.

Last edited:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I love the "'cause we don't find this stuff in our countries", followed by a guy saying "'cause I've been raised Roman Catholic" while swinging his merchandise in front of the camera.

That's Parramatta right there. I spend a lot of time doing business in Parramatta and it's always entertaining. It's a lot like San Francisco. You can just go there and watch people and be entertained all day.
So you have a problem with a guy carrying Rosary Beads now? You refer to them as "merchandise" and obviously have a problem with him expressing his views which stem from his religion. And you wonder why the No camp are concerned about protection of religious freedoms now.

Sadly the LGBQTI and their supporters not only want to legalise marriage but it seems they can't hack ppl showing their faith openly and still go out of their way to attack Christians specifically.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to a few protests so this is where my judgement comes from.
Sorry if you're one of those little snowflakes and just as sorry if I've hurt your feelings.
But if you just stayed in your safe space it wouldn't of happened.

Sure I've heard right wingers are violent, have yet to see it for myself though.
But ANTIFA, fuck yeah seen them trying to attack right wingers in front of police!
These antifa scum are unemployed scum who have no respect for the law.
Here you go @Hacky McAxe Let's have a "reasoned" debate right?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It’s also hilariously ironic seeing people on here and in society in general, managing to rationalise to themselves that abbott is still public enemy #1, despite him being responsible for delivering a mechanism which votes yes to SSM and will result in gay marriage.

No other politician had ever managed this.

Gillard couldn’t, Rudd couldn’t and if Turnbull had his way, we would still be sitting here talking constantly about an issue that the majority of Australians don’t give 2 shits for.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Btw, anyone unable to draw a link between the high percentages of Islamic, religious and foreign conservative populations and a higher than average response to saying no to gay marriage is entirely incompetent as a journalist or intentionally trying to mislead.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist.

What would be more interesting would be a poll to ask the same electorates whether homosexuality should be outlawed.

I don’t think the ABC would want to see those results.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s also hilariously ironic seeing people on here and in society in general, managing to rationalise to themselves that abbott is still public enemy #1, despite him being responsible for delivering a mechanism which votes yes to SSM and will result in gay marriage.

Gillard couldn’t, Rudd couldn’t and if Turnbull had his way, we would still be sitting here talking constantly about an issue that the majority of Australians don’t give 2 shits for.
Btw, anyone unable to draw a link between the high percentages of Islamic populations and a higher than average response to saying no to gay marriage is entirely incompetent as a journalist or intentionally trying to mislead.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist.

What would be more interesting would be a poll to ask the same electorates whether homosexuality should be outlawed.

I don’t think the ABC would want to see those results.
Keep digging

The burn is oh so sensationally amusing

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Exactly why the whole thing was a complete and utter waste of money, the bill supporting SSM should have been entered into parliament and voted through without wasting $100m (or whatever it was) of tax payers money.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly why the whole thing was a complete and utter waste of money, the bill supporting SSM should have been entered into parliament and voted through without wasting $100m (or whatever it was) of tax payers money.
The expected it to be $122 million bit ended up being less than $100 million

Full credit to Abbott for saving money

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Keep digging

The burn is oh so sensationally amusing
Try to use your brain and some rational thought instead of your feelings.

I’m comfortable with Gay marriage now passing. And 100% believe it should now happen with minimal fuss. The public have a clear majority towards favouring it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Try to use your brain and some rational thought instead of your feelings.

I’m comfortable with Gay marriage now passing. And 100% believe it should now happen with minimal fuss. The public have a clear majority towards favouring it.
Of course you're comfortable you were going to vote yes until the yes side started bullying

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Of course you're comfortable you were going to vote yes until the yes side started bullying
You’re a child mate.

I’ve made it very clear since the vote results were released that SSM should be passed ASAP. I’m not bitter, but yes of course I would have preferred the no vote to win.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the Abbott family gatherings right now. Imagine if his sister or daughter mocks him at Christmas lunch, he might snap and strangle someone.

ABCLGBT tried to sugar coat it and failed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you have a problem with a guy carrying Rosary Beads now? You refer to them as "merchandise" and obviously have a problem with him expressing his views which stem from his religion. And you wonder why the No camp are concerned about protection of religious freedoms now.

Sadly the LGBQTI and their supporters not only want to legalise marriage but it seems they can't hack ppl showing their faith openly and still go out of their way to attack Christians specifically.
"I'm guessing that you are attacking religion so I will use that incorrect assumption to say that all Yes voters attack religion"

Nice Strawman there Champ.

Don't try to read my mind. You obviously can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.