Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The debate is mostly nothing to do with religion. It is mostly to do with the universal fact that gay people can't naturally continue the human race. A man and a woman can. Any government should recognise this particular naturally occurring phenomenon.
Answer the F$#%#$ing question Britt

Give a detailed response of what a normal marriage is and provide 5 real life examples that exactly fit that description. I asked you this question pages ago and you ran away from it, completely ignored it. Is that because you're full of shit and don't have an answer?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I know bro, why do you think Britt's going so hard for this "marriage is about pro-creation" business.
I respect your right to have an opinion I disagree with, but continuously pretending you know me or know my thoughts on subjects is just wrong.

I have limited or no idea what you are talking about when you say agenda 21. I also have absolutely no clue what you mean when you are linking my thoughts on marriage to population numbers?.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Answer the F$#%#$ing question Britt

Give a detailed response of what a normal marriage is and provide 5 real life examples that exactly fit that description. I asked you this question pages ago and you ran away from it, completely ignored it. Is that because you're full of shit and don't have an answer?
If I didn't reply to something it's because I don't sit on the kennel all day (or try not to anyway).

What do you mean 5 real life examples of normal marriages? Using normal in a sentence is already nonsensical because I don't think the word normal serves a purpose.

If you're asking me what I think the 'average' marriage is I would tell you that it is between a man and a woman and generally involves them living together with 1 or 2 kids.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I didn't reply to something it's because I don't sit on the kennel all day (or try not to anyway).

What do you mean 5 real life examples of normal marriages? Using normal in a sentence is already nonsensical because I don't think the word normal serves a purpose.

If you're asking me what I think the 'average' marriage is I would tell you that it is between a man and a woman and generally involves them living together with 1 or 2 kids.
Thanks for proving my point

We've gone from an insistence of a strict definition of marriage to an "average" marriage

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I genuinely have no idea what point you're trying to make or what question you're trying to ask.
Point is you DON'T have a clear definition of marriage that we can all adhere to or use to define our future actions.

Rather YOUR definition of marriage is loosely defined but for some parameters which are important to you as an individual.

Hence stop trying to pass off this garbage that marriage is about pro-creation because clearly that "definition" is only YOUR definition and not others

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Point is you DON'T have a clear definition of marriage that we can all adhere to or use to define our future actions.

Rather YOUR definition of marriage is loosely defined but for some parameters which are important to you as an individual.

Hence stop trying to pass off this garbage that marriage is about pro-creation because clearly that "definition" is only YOUR definition and not others
Ummm you asked him what his definition of marriage is... what kind of other answer where you after?

Why don't you go asked KK what her definition of marriage is... she'll say the 72 day marriage of hers was all about publicity and money.

Far out man... are you even reading what you type?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

1. The current definition of marriage is clear in that it is between a man and a woman and to the exclusion of all others.
2. Yes they are important to me as an individual but I would also make the case that the continuation of the human race is a parameter which is important to every individual on this earth (including homosexuals).
3. It is not my definition, it is the most commonly accepted interpretation of marriage that exists in this world, and extends across cultures and religions and countries.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If and when they happen, then react.

You can't claim you're religious and don't want civil marriages, live and let live.
it won't happen overnight it'll unravel and infiltrate the minds of children.

Please explain why the rate of teenage girls having lesbian sex is on the rise? If you believe captain Jackson or hacky it's because they're born that way

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1. The current definition of marriage is clear in that it is between a man and a woman and to the exclusion of all others.
2. Yes they are important to me as an individual but I would also make case that the continuation of the human race is a parameter which is important to every individual on this earth (including homosexuals).
3. It is not my definition, it is the most commonly accepted interpretation of marriage that exists in this world, and extends across cultures and religions and countries.
Most western democracies have already changed their definitions..... as far as westernised democracies go out act is at odds with most of the world these days. So basically our current act is clear but there are many other acts around the world which would contradict it and legislation is open for amendment. Ie there is no set definition everyone can agree on and it's up for debate.

You just don't like the fact you are losing the debate man. That's what it comes down to imo.

Suggesting reproduction will cease because marriage equality is legislated is totally absurd.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

You just don't like the fact you are losing the debate man. That's what it comes down to imo.

Suggesting reproduction will cease because marriage equality is legislated is totally absurd.
1. I don't believe I'm losing the debate of opinion, however I made it very clear yesterday that I accept that in all probability the YES vote is going to win.
2 I never once suggested reproduction will cease because of SSM. I simply said that it should be recognised that the future of human kind is dependent on men and women naturally having babies together - and this should be enshrined with special status i.e. existing traditional marriage.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1. I don't believe I'm losing the debate of opinion, however I made it very clear yesterday that I accept that in all probability the YES vote is going to win.
2 I never once suggested reproduction will cease because of SSM. I simply said that it should be recognised that the future of human kind is dependent on men and women naturally having babies together - and this should be enshrined with special status i.e. existing traditional marriage.
Haha oh come on mate.....in your previous post you said the human race is dependent on procreation...there was a fairly clear inference there given the context of this thread and debate.

I don't think you think you're losing the debate either, so we can at least agree on one thing!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Haha oh come on mate.....in your previous post you said the human race is dependent on procreation!
This is the truth.

Me saying this, doesn't mean that I'm inferring that suddenly humans are going to stop having babies. Anyone who claims that is just stupid.

My point is that particular emphasis should be placed on relationships which naturally continue the human race.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ummm you asked him what his definition of marriage is... what kind of other answer where you after?

Why don't you go asked KK what her definition of marriage is... she'll say the 72 day marriage of hers was all about publicity and money.

Far out man... are you even reading what you type?
Was this the level of argument you were reserving us here mortals from experience?

1. I never asked for his definition if marriage
2. In context of Britt posts he's stated or inferred that there is a standard definition of marriage across many different nation's

I asked him what this standard definition is and I asked for a detailed definition of this worldwide standard.

If left ambiguous and subjective this obviously opens up the definition of marriage to include same sex couples.

Seeming as I can't get this standard definition it would stand to reason that Britt is blowing it out of his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.