Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I believe a few things here have been lost in translation so let me clarify:

*I do not hate gay people
*I do not have anything against gay people
*I do not feel or want to be superior to gay people
*I believe, like gay people, we are all flesh and blood and made to be equal
*I do not bully gay people, and would defend them if they are being bullied by others
*I acknowledge that being gay is not a choice, they cannot help how they were born, this is who they are and how God made them

*However;

*I have an issue with SSM because I do believe it is wrong. This does NOT mean I have an issue with gay people, because there are gay people who themselves don't believe in SSM and will not marry even if/when these laws eventually pass
*I have an issue with straight people and Christian people who support SSM because it is not what Christianity stands for - this includes Mark Wahlberg who attends mass daily yes supports SSM - and I happen to like Mark Wahlbergs acting and movies

I hope that clears things up a little.
There are straight people who don't want to get married either that doesn't mean we stop marriage for all straight people

No one is arguing against your Christian belief. Keep it it's yours, it's your personal choice. If SSM becomes part of the law you can still believe it's not a real marriage, Where it becomes a conflict is if you're acting on behalf of the state then you must treat that marriage as legal in the states jurisdiction.

The point is wahesh, these people cop abuse throughout their life, their self confidence is completely eroded away, they're told to "tone down" their gayness And this leads many of them to self harm.

Keep your beliefs that it's a sin, we're not arguing that but treat them with respect and use appropriate language, any one little thing can set these emòtionally unstable people off in committing self harm (as I said they cop it all through their whole life for being born that way)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What if the place of worship allows same sex ceremonies on a completely voluntary basis? There are a small group of priests, reverends, pastors etc in support of SSM, and so I would assume they would welcome weddings in their individual churches?

(Just as a side note: Buddhists generally don't marry in a temple - well I haven't seen one yet. The monks will usually come to you for the blessing, and I doubt would ever turn down the $$$).
Those Priests who support it are doing it on their own basis, not the basis of the domination within Christianity they fall under, so it doesn't count.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I understand that, but the question is, why should people be forced to follow a religion they don't believe in?
That is only 1 basis of the debate. There are other reasons that people do not support SSM that goes beyond religion. John Howards opinion yesterday for instance was that he wants marriage to be special and sacred, and SSM will change that in a way.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That is only 1 basis of the debate. There are other reasons that people do not support SSM that goes beyond religion. John Howards opinion yesterday for instance was that he wants marriage to be special and sacred, and SSM will change that in a way.
John Howard is also a war criminal

Fuck that piece of shit

Wahesh

Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it seems like if Muslims wanted Bacon banned because they don't eat it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he was pro was he? I know he was a decent amateur boxer. I heard he could have gone pro but had to give it away. His ears were such big targets, Connor McGregor could have hit them after downing two straight bottles of Oirish Whiskey.
He actually was a prop forward for Sydney Uni rugby in 2-3rd grade.. Apparently loved scrummaging..hence those ears!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Christians, you may want to avoid this video. It's really offensive

Not aimed at you Southy but what is the obsession with religion for atheists? I can't understand it.

If you hate it, don't bring it up and insult it. To me it declares open season and they should be ready to receive like they do with their boyfriends.

Same ***** that laugh at that get offended when gay ***** get called **** and poofs. Good for one ****, good for all *****.

But of course I'm an evil Bible thumper by talking like this.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He actually was a prop forward for Sydney Uni rugby in 2-3rd grade.. Apparently loved scrummaging..hence those ears!
Good old tape bro, that's why my ears are pinned back now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.