• Dogs 13+

• Draw

• Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well…. Just goes to show, defence is an attitude and we showed it in spades!

We actually looked really fluid in attack, very promising signs. No matter what combination came on, we still looked pretty slick.

King, Poasa and Hughes showed they can hold the middle well this year….Knight was really poor (that’s being nice). Morrin was good in his short stint.

Sexy and Hutchinson were both good, it’ll be a tough call for Ciro.

Xerri did ok for his first hit out, he got progressively better as the game unfolded.

Skelton was excellent, strong carry’s and was a handful - the only exception was being caught too far infield for Storms first try.

Salmon did well as the link man.

Taaffe, pass mark - his sprint returns are great, he accelerates from pick up, it maximises our field position, a lot of fullbacks jog the ball back and accelerate at the line. If he can land that cut out pass to the winger, he’ll be great for us. But, I will say this, Papalii could be a bolter at some stage, he looks like he belongs.

Overall, we look like we’ve got a committed team who appear to be super competitive - we’ll do ok this year, but I’m not letting a trial against a Storm team without a lot of their stars get the better of me (although we were missing a few ourselves).

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really good defence tonight. One freakish try, and one mis read from Skelton. Ball control other than Knight was encouraging too. Young forwards promising. Still expecting a year of hardship, but can already see vast improvement. Salmon my surprise packet.
Overall pretty good performance for first hit out for a new team. A tad disappointing we couldn’t do more with all that possession in the first half. But that will come.
Otherwise a big point for me (v 2023), is our defence. Pinned Storm at their end, nearly the whole match. Some good combos look like they are forming & we looked dominant, especially in the forwards. Nice surprise. Some of our Flegg talent coming through looks exciting. That huge reaction by Papali when he was involved with others in driving the Storm winger in to touch just short of the line, was priceless. A real Bulldog. Overall very happy & excited by that trial.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you saying both played shit ?
No, just done nothing to impress me. Sexton impressed me, Xerri to a certain extent impressed me, Hughes impressed me (already knew he was good as fuck), etc. Salmon and Famasalami played as well as they usually play against reserve graders.