Gallen tells Parker to stop embarrassing himself over Klemmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL
State of Origin 2015: Paul Gallen calls Corey Parker‘s Dave Klemmer comments ‘embarrassing’

June 23, 2015 12:14pm
Staff writersThe Daily Telegraph

David Klemmer demolition
David Klemmer demolition

PAUL Gallen stoked the fire ahead of next month’s Origin decider by saying Corey Parker ‘should be embarrassed’ for demanding respect from Blues hardman David Klemmer.

Queensland stalwart Parker, the oldest player on the Maroons side at 33, and fired-up NSW forward Klemmer, who is only 21, came to grips on several occasions during the second Origin clash at the MCG last week.

Klemmer was a man on a mission and terse words were exchanged, including a reported foul-mouthed outburst. Parker this week reiterated what he said on the field at the time for the young Bulldogs star to ‘show some respect.’

David Klemmer and Corey Parker come to grips in Melbourne.
“There’s a lot of passion and pride on the line but from my point of view there was just some disrespect shown and I just pretty much told him that,” Parker said on Monday.

But NSW captain Gallen, speaking on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday morning, said Parker was out of line.

“I think it’s quite embarrassing for Corey to say that,” said Gallen.

“I totally understand it when you are talking about a 20-year-old or 21-year-old at training, but you don’t say it about a senior player in the toughest arena in sport.

“I don’t know why people think they have the right to say that.

“I know what Klem’s response to it would be.

“He is a terrific young player and won’t take a backward step.

“He certainly doesn’t need to show respect in the State of Origin arena.”

Meanwhile, Gallen considers himself a chance of playing for Cronulla against North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville this weekend.

Gallen, who suffered rib cartilage damage during the MCG showdown, said: “It’s getting better every day and I’m doing my best to play this weekend.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gees fk these QLD'ers are a bunch of vaginas

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't the Qld contingent have a cry when JWH was terrorizing Petro and calling him old?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn't Gallen say basically the same shit Parker said about Papalii after big Papa bashed him in a finals game?

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RESPECT?!?!?!
Yeah singing the qld victory song after a national game is a sign of respect.
Gp apesh@t Klemmer!

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
rightly so. what is parker talking about respect the queenslanders play dirty all the time. it is right for klemmer to get stuck into them.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No one respects Inbreds.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Queenslanders seem to be a bunch of butt hurt pricks. Lol Parker what an embarrassment.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I hope klemmer rips his head off in Soo3 what a sook Parker is.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
respect? fair enough How about 'get f***ed.. you c*** Sir' ?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the context of the heat of the battle maybe yeah but Parker is a pretty respected club man.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All because Klem had the audacity to sit Cameron Smith on his backside. I cannot wait for Monday's game when he can sit him on his backside... AGAIN!!!

Best thing is we are sitting right next to the Dogs players enclosure and close to the sideline...we will remind David to show respect, Lol.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where's all the queensland bulldog supporters? What's your opinion on this?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard Corey say something similar on mmm the other day and was wondering just why Klemmer has to show Parker "respect".

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All because Klem had the audacity to sit Cameron Smith on his backside. I cannot wait for Monday's game when he can sit him on his backside... AGAIN!!!

Best thing is we are sitting right next to the Dogs players enclosure and close to the sideline...we will remind David to show respect, Lol.
lol - i think a banner needs to be made along those lines

Status
Not open for further replies.