Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I really thought we had him. People claim they know people or heard this but they are full of shit. One person on here in particular has earned a cult following over night but when you sit down and look at it every single one of his predictions has turned to shit. I wonder what excuse he'll use this time? "Oh a 13th hr meeting meant he changed his mind just like Hoppa"

joey.t

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really thought we had him. People claim they know people or heard this but they are full of shit. One person on here in particular has earned a cult following over night but when you sit down and look at it every single one of his predictions has turned to shit. I wonder what excuse he'll use this time? "Oh a 13th hr meeting meant he changed his mind just like Hoppa"
100% spot on, guy has no clue from what I have seen

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F**ks sake .. seriously ... Roosters unlimited salary cap strikes again!

That said they haven't re-signed Mini yet, so chances are they won't re-sign Mini, RTS will head to fullback, and Naughton maybe to the wing.
too be fair mate, this guy would be on close to nothing.. SBW could ****ing throw away his shrapnel and naughton would be happy to lap it up.

Dakar has been backed up by TG before. The Hoppa business seemed to have reconciled with what TG said.

O well. Time to unfollow naughton. cant stand the roosters. You can't beat my original thesis that it's hard to compete with the roosters and saints.. because of the ****ing beach and lifestyle. Lets face it, as a young pom, you would love to be in bondi...

joey.t

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it's any good to us all Hoffman is getting along most with our boys in England and it seems he will be coming back to sort out a possible move to the bulldogs, lets hope we can secure him and maybe ferguson

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it's any good to us all Hoffman is getting along most with our boys in England and it seems he will be coming back to sort out a possible move to the bulldogs, lets hope we can secure him and maybe ferguson
Fergo won't happen, we pulled the plug on him yesterday.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Is that based on info you've received on here? If so it's crap.

joey.t

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah I'm mates with a few of the boys, problem is with Brisbane they can be stubborn and Hoffman will not go anywhere. Either way we need to pull something out of the bag.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I certainly feel less confident as each day passes. Wouldnt be surprised if we blood some kids on the wing, and let Inu as fullback to accomodate Jmoz's preference for centre.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was never the answer for next season though, so we shouldn't be too upset. I guess Hoffman is the one we are targeting (unless it will be someone within). Shame we can't pull or keep players though, the biggest name we have is probably Morris or Ennis (Morris may leave soon as well).

Seems like we had no backup plan or if we did it didnt go as expected.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I can also confirm there will be an announcement on a major signing after the world cup.
I think you're a little confused

CONFIRM
tr.v. con·firmed, con·firm·ing, con·firms
1. To support or establish the certainty or validity of; verify.
2. To make firmer; strengthen: Working on the campaign confirmed her intention to go into politics.
3. To make valid or binding by a formal or legal act; ratify.
4. To administer the religious rite of confirmation to.

BULLSHIT (blsht) Vulgar Slang
n.
1. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
2. Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.
3. Insolent talk or behavior.
v. bull·shit also bull·shat (-sht) or bull·shit·ted (-shtd), bull·shit·ting, bull·shits
v.intr.
1. To speak foolishly or insolently.
2. To engage in idle conversation.
v.tr.
To attempt to mislead or deceive by talking nonsense.
adj.
Very angry; incensed.
interj.
Used to express extreme displeasure or exasperation.
bullshitter n.

You seem to get the two mixed up a lot

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This thread is not even a month old. Has had over 3000 posts, over 150 pages, compared to the rumour thread which has been around for several months it is staggering to think it is only a couple weeks old and is half the size of that thread

Yet all those pages, all those posts, the result is no one has a clue who we are signing, no names have any real weight to them, and the announced tomorrow signings never happened, and the agreed to term/hand shake agreement signings have gone to different clubs :p

Good thing I am a loyal fan and stick by my team, but I can see less loyal fans not renewing their memberships. I think the loss of Barba will take a hit there, and no Marque players on the books, we wont be expanding as much as the club hoped. 20k will be a unbelievable effort if we make it.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should begin to expect inu at full back next year folks.

we may as well shut this thread up or merge it with rumours thread, because as of now, I doubt there is much more we can add and there is not much use in stressing or getting angry over circumstances which we annoyingly don't have control over.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
LOL thank god I didn't confirm the "Naughton signing", I would've been murdered on here. Over to you, Dakar.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We won't see that shit talker again I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.