Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone remember Scott Stapp ... Wiith aarmmms Wuuud ooopeeerrrnnnn

He's back after ruining Creed and Art of Anarchy with a single realease which isn't half bad.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked out Andy James latest album "Arrival" today. For a bloke with a guitar and no vocals it's amazing....

Reminds me of the greats like Michael Angel Batio how he can just make a single instrument sing and soar.

On the flipside Gus G's album fell flat for me.
Andy James has serious chops. MAB is just speed.

You want a sick guitar album, check Ola Englunds new one. Fucking insane

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Andy James has serious chops. MAB is just speed.

You want a sick guitar album, check Ola Englunds new one. Fucking insane
Yeah MAB is mainly shred/speed. Andy James, Gus G, Jason Richardson and Angel Vivaldi are all able to make that guitar sing..

AV is pretty damn impressive.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true but to watch them play that album in its entirety would gold no filler of a catalogue full of shit.they will test the waters in Europe then announced an oz tour then announce they will do a new album, meanwhile adam duece is kicking his bedroom door calling everyone *****
Yeah but you still have to give Rob Flynn money.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:|:|:|:|:|

HOLY FUCK!!! I know I have quite a few swings and misses on here... but this... this knocks it out of the park into an adjoining country ... it's brilliant!

That riff work is beyond insane.

Crank it to 11 and enjoy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
:|:|:|:|:|

HOLY FUCK!!! I know I have quite a few swings and misses on here... but this... this knocks it out of the park into an adjoining country ... it's brilliant!

That riff work is beyond insane.

Crank it to 11 and enjoy.

Yeah, Lahmia are great. They're very similar to Insomnium. Which also made me laugh 'cause Insomnium have a song (and album) called "Shadows of a Dying Sun" and Lahmia released a song called "Elergy for a Dying Sun"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This time next week will mark the 17th anniversary of the passing of Layne Staley. A voice that will never be replicated, nor forgotten.

Not sure if people realise, but he died the exact same day as Kurt Cobain, just 8 years later.

27 years since the release of DIRT, yet these songs still kicks absolute arse.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They finally released a second Belzebubs track. Not as good as the first but still great.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who doesn't love a bit of Viking power death metal

I have no idea what he's singing about.. for all I know he might be singing a recipie for the perfect steak and I wouldn't even know.

They finally released a second Belzebubs track. Not as good as the first but still great.
Are they a side project or supergroup? Seems there is little to no information about them online at all.. not even where they are from.

Pretty funny clip in the end with the face on the snowball and them all banged up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea what he's singing about.. for all I know he might be singing a recipie for the perfect steak and I wouldn't even know.

Are they a side project or supergroup? Seems there is little to no information about them online at all.. not even where they are from.

Pretty funny clip in the end with the face on the snowball and them all banged up.
I have a feeling they are a super group that is keeping their identities secret 'cause I definitely recognise the singer's voice from somewhere (pretty sure it's the singer from Insomnium. Same harsh vocals, same accent), but they are funded by patreon / kickstarter. According to Century Music, they've been signed on for a 3 record deal.

Their film clips are produced by the same people that do the Gorrilaz film clips. Here's the original song which is awesome.