Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sebastian Bach should be kept in a cage away from the general public, only to be let out to perform every once in a while and then put straight back in.
Aye that about sums it up , great front man on stage for 2 hrs the other 22 hrs he's just a ****

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's cute that you think Disturbed ever had any metal cred and that they "became" an embarrassment.
Back when they first hit the metal scene they most certainly did. Only problem was once the third album dropped everyone realised they were just "copy and pasting" previous success.

Anywhoo New Slash feat Miles Kennedy from a new album dropping mid-late September.

and to make up for the shitfest of Disturbed earlier... Coheed have gone and dropped (what is starting to look like a monthly) new track.

Fuck it's good.... the change in tempo midway through has all the hallmarks of Queen (instrumentally) as the track steps into a delicate ballard like state before ripping in again. It's not metal, but Coheed never has been.

Claudios voice is sooooo unique and sounds great on this track. Lyrics are excellent. I have a feeling this next album is going to be something special.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am in the Disturbed were never really anywhere near metal cred boat. If anyone thought they did, then that person was probably transitioning to metal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So were Poison. They never had any metal cred either.
In fairness genres change. I wouldn't class Alice Cooper, Van Halen, or Kiss as metal anymore (yet in their eras they were).

Nowadays probably hard rock.

Much like StoneSour, Five Finger Arse Fuck, and others.

Disturbed would be close to dropping into Hard Rock these days.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
and to make up for the shitfest of Disturbed earlier... Coheed have gone and dropped (what is starting to look like a monthly) new track.

Fuck it's good.... the change in tempo midway through has all the hallmarks of Queen (instrumentally) as the track steps into a delicate ballard like state before ripping in again. It's not metal, but Coheed never has been.

Claudios voice is sooooo unique and sounds great on this track. Lyrics are excellent. I have a feeling this next album is going to be something special.

I listened to it earlier and have to agree with you. As you said it's not metal but it's still a top song. Also the video is pretty sweet too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I am in the Disturbed were never really anywhere near metal cred boat. If anyone thought they did, then that person was probably transitioning to metal.

Of course they are metal. Not as metal as Nickelback though.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness genres change. I wouldn't class Alice Cooper, Van Halen, or Kiss as metal anymore (yet in their eras they were).

Nowadays probably hard rock.

Much like StoneSour, Five Finger Arse Fuck, and others.

Disturbed would be close to dropping into Hard Rock these days.
They were Metal then and they are metal now and time won’t change that. By the time Poison came along the first wave of black metal and death metal had already started, thrash was well established. All 3 could be what you’re using your benchmark for “today’s standard”.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh yeahhhh.... Gentlemen.. Classic Power Metal goodness....

I feel like I've been thrown back to the 80s/90s with this. Clip has some mad references to!

Clip is now out... gees there's some first class hair whipping going on at the start.

Just listen to both these the other night.

Love the classic power metal of Striker and that video clip is awesome with the 80's synthwave style.

The Wolfheart song was epic. Love the heaviness and melodic composition of the song.

I know someone else posted about this guy but I have been following him for ages with his reaction videos. He loves his metal. He done both these songs of late.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just listen to both these the other night.

Love the classic power metal of Striker and that video clip is awesome with the 80's synthwave style.

The Wolfheart song was epic. Love the heaviness and melodic composition of the song.

I know someone else posted about this guy but I have been following him for ages with his reaction videos. He loves his metal. He done both these songs of late.

Yeah I posted about him in the past.. GalacticCriminal is hilarious with his reviews. I just love the intros.