Free talk [NO COVID TALK]

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can truth be racist?

Genuine question.
I gave my truth on the whole Alice Springs stuff and it got canned immediately for being racist. Hard Truth and sensitive stuff get called for being racist when every sensible person knows its true

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I gave my truth on the whole Alice Springs stuff and it got canned immediately for being racist. Hard Truth and sensitive stuff get called for being racist when every sensible person knows its true
IMO if it's a proven truth it can't be classified racist, or sexist, or any other bullshit "ist" word.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
if you have the facts that make it true than I cant see why it would be racist
So when I say men can't have babies, that doesn't make me sexist bigot? Lol

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
do calf compression sleeves work?
I would like to know that too. I have a pair that I won a couple of years ago but I have never put them on for a run or after a run

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What benefits do they give?
Muscle recovery was the most noticeable thing for me. Used them for years and I genuinely felt less muscle soreness and fatigue when I wore them post exercise. Injury prevention is also another thing, I really didn't have any sort of strains. My knees did eventually blow up but I don't think that would've helped it anyway lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
do calf compression sleeves work?
Good question. I know that compression shorts pretty much don't do anything for your muscles (but if you're fat they do stop chaffing), but I haven't looked into calf compression sleeves. I would guess it's similar (placebo effect only) based on the fact that they are similar to compression shorts, but couldn't say for sure.

With most exercise ideas, it's 90% fad. For example, post workout supps. Sure, they technically work, but a glass of milk is 10x more effective. But on the flip side, protein powder works well.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a look through the research on calf compression sleeves and it's a bit immature. There isn't sufficient research and the research that exists has very small sample sizes.

That said, the research that exists suggests that there is some benefit. Higher oxygenation resulting in greater stamina, reduced muscle soreness. But in each case the difference is minimal and some of it could be a placebo effect.

In other words, it may provide some benefit, but that benefit could be small. But potential benefit is better than doing nothing and I haven't seen any real downsides to using them.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Muscle recovery was the most noticeable thing for me. Used them for years and I genuinely felt less muscle soreness and fatigue when I wore them post exercise. Injury prevention is also another thing, I really didn't have any sort of strains. My knees did eventually blow up but I don't think that would've helped it anyway lol.
do they help for tight calves cause mine are fucked atm every time I play indoor soccer

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good question. I know that compression shorts pretty much don't do anything for your muscles (but if you're fat they do stop chaffing), but I haven't looked into calf compression sleeves. I would guess it's similar (placebo effect only) based on the fact that they are similar to compression shorts, but couldn't say for sure.

With most exercise ideas, it's 90% fad. For example, post workout supps. Sure, they technically work, but a glass of milk is 10x more effective. But on the flip side, protein powder works well.
Speaking of protein, can a 10 year old have 100% whey protein powder in milk?