Fox

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
More to do with his decision making. He thinks he can dance around defenders when in reality he almost always waltzes into defenders at low speed and off balance lol. With Kiraz, Tracey, Critta and Xerri it isn't too much of an issue which we saw with Storm struggling to pin us deep in our half. Throw Taaffe in at fullback however and it's a whole different story..
It’s that dancing around that irritates me, and when he does get caught he gets dominated and usually loses ground, if he just straightened up and hit the line at pace our back three would blow most side off the park. I haven’t looked but I bet Warbricks run meters where as high as JACs but most of his where coming out of their own end .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
relying on backs for yardage is not a strong strategy, if they do, great, take it as a bonus, however forwards are the ones responsible.
A good strategy is one that earns more wins than losses. I'm liking the football we're playing. We've unfortunately been just short of two wins that would've been incredibly important to us.

Traditionally big powerful forward packs were the goal for every team. But with repeat sets pushing the limits of fitness, this strategy focuses on maintaining energy across the park. Ideally we'd have a couple of monstrous wrecking ball props to sub on when we need momentum. Suluka Fifita might become that, but our pack is exceeding expectations right now.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
relying on backs for yardage is not a strong strategy, if they do, great, take it as a bonus, however forwards are the ones responsible.
It’s what teams do now. And we’re backed into doing it cause our boys up front are undersized. Well either do a quick spread to our edges or we’ll use the back line to power out. Kiraz, Tracey, critta and xerri do it pretty well. Addo Carr is trying

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know he hasn’t played much the beginning it know he is back a hat trick is not easy to score especially against a full strength Melbourne side xerri next to him is good

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Respect everyone else’s opinions BUT if I could trade him for a decent prop I’d do it in a heart beat.

Not because I don’t value what Fox brings but we are absolutely stacked with outside backs and we’re extremely weak in the middle. The only real go forward we’re getting is through Kikau!

It’s not a question of if Josh is good or not. He’s a top five rep winger in the NRL. We all know he can play…

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Respect everyone else’s opinions BUT if I could trade him for a decent prop I’d do it in a heart beat.

Not because I don’t value what Fox brings but we are absolutely stacked with outside backs and we’re extremely weak in the middle. The only real go forward we’re getting is through Kikau!

It’s not a question of if Josh is good or not. He’s a top five rep winger in the NRL. We all know he can play…
We have never been about size we have always been a rough in the middle tacklers as said last week wait till round 12 when we get more size on fifta joins Poasa and king great we have so many options which is great we are far from finished they have recruited very well

I’m a massive fan of Mann Preston kikau Burton and all the boys I know a couple quite well as living in manly a couple were manly juniors and and tough as nails

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have never been about size we have always been a rough in the middle tacklers as said last week wait till round 12 when we get more size on fifta joins Poasa and king great we have so many options which is great we are far from finished they have recruited very well

I’m a massive fan of Mann Preston kikau Burton and all the boys I know a couple quite well as living in manly a couple were manly juniors and and tough as nails
Yeah for sure. Super proud of their efforts this year.

I’m just saying as far as team/roster balance goes. We’re stacked for outside backs and particularly wingers with Tracey, Kiraz, Skelton, Wilson, and Fox off the top of my head.

The difference between some of the bottom sides and top ones (elite talent like Cleary and Walsh aside) is getting the roster balance right.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I’m just saying as far as team/roster balance goes. We’re stacked for outside backs and particularly wingers with Tracey, Kiraz, Skelton, Wilson, and Fox off the top of my head.

The difference between some of the bottom sides and top ones (elite talent like Cleary and Walsh aside) is getting the roster balance right.
100% if we had a halfback like Cleary or Moses we would be contenders 100%
Ciro has done a great job defensively and now we are seeing the backs click players trusting each other the best thing Gus did was get rid of all those rubbish players complaining about training now we have players wanting to play for the team it’s all up

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% if we had a halfback like Cleary or Moses we would be contenders 100%
Ciro has done a great job defensively and now we are seeing the backs click players trusting each other the best thing Gus did was get rid of all those rubbish players complaining about training now we have players wanting to play for the team it’s all up

Our style of football isnt sustainable over 26+ rounds, We badly need a damaging prop or 2.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This was never going to be the year we balanced the roster. The cap increase and the flow on from the Dolphins recruiting a full roster plus reserves meant it's slim pickings. We could've crossed our fingers and hoped a rep level prop came up for grabs. But none have moved ahead of this season as far as I recall. Plenty have extended, AFB will move net season.

So we could've sat o our hands and waited or recruited the best players we could.

Already we've seen JAC, Tracey, Taaffe, Wilson missing from the backline. I've yet to feel like their replacements are big downgrades.

As for props, I'll cross my fingers that Suluka-Fifita becomes a wrecking ball for us when fit. But we're going well despite having no big boppers at present.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This was never going to be the year we balanced the roster. The cap increase and the flow on from the Dolphins recruiting a full roster plus reserves meant it's slim pickings. We could've crossed our fingers and hoped a rep level prop came up for grabs. But none have moved ahead of this season as far as I recall. Plenty have extended, AFB will move net season.

So we could've sat o our hands and waited or recruited the best players we could.

Already we've seen JAC, Tracey, Taaffe, Wilson missing from the backline. I've yet to feel like their replacements are big downgrades.

As for props, I'll cross my fingers that Suluka-Fifita becomes a wrecking ball for us when fit. But we're going well despite having no big boppers at present.
Yeah you’ve got a comp at the moment where there’s teams like Souths and Titans who people thought had strong rosters that are under performing.

And teams like the Dolphins who weren’t given much of a chance that are going really well.

If we can play to the same standard we did against the Roosters and the Storm all season I think we can finish mid table this year.

If we can get an even win loss ratio and win 50% of our games we might even sneak into the top eight

The positive for us versus other teams is we seem to be playing better every week!

Last edited:

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foxx has been an automatic selection for both the blues and Kangaroos for many years now except for numpty Fittler dropping him a couple of years ago (and Daniel Tupou proved in that series that it was very bad decision).

This alone tells me that whoever was calling for Foxx to be dropped or let go seriously have NFI!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post. We don't need more yardage backs when Kiraz can run 300m and Tracey, Critta and Xerri can also pitch in. JAC is money well spent when as you say he can burn pretty much any opposition if he gets room on the outside. And when he has guys like Burton, Kikau and Xerri feeding him good ball you just have to sit back and think how lucky we are to have him.
All capable of decent yardage in their own rights too, and drawing in defenders, opening gaps for the Fox.