Fox Sports Vs Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going away next week do going to setup IQ recording .

Want to record better coverage so Should I Record Channel 9 or Fox?

Thinking Fox atm

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think there's even a contest. Fox all day. I'm house hunting at the moment so no point getting fox here, first call I make after I've bought one is to the Foxtel man.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ch 9 biased as fcuk towards roosters soufffs and every other media slut I cling onto
Fox slightly annoying at times but reduced bs and bias towards putrid teams

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Depends, HD or standard def. Though if you have fox sports HD then the choice is easy.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pre game build up from Fox is better. I prefer fox commentary, vossy and smith. It is annoying listening to rabs constantly mispronouncing islander names and thinking it is funny.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone watching Marty Tapau on Fox....I do not ever remember him being so solid. Watch him lift those weights.......

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
you could choose to record channel 9 simply because they wont replay their coverage, so you only get 1 chance to listen/enjoy them being angry about our victory, foxtel will replay the game about 10 times

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you could choose to record channel 9 simply because they wont replay their coverage, so you only get 1 chance to listen/enjoy them being angry about our victory, foxtel will replay the game about 10 times
Exactly. For this reason I'll watch Nine and record Fox.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's even a contest. Fox all day. I'm house hunting at the moment so no point getting fox here, first call I make after I've bought one is to the Foxtel man.
Spot on. Fox gives a much better game commetary.

Its so refreshing listening to a FOX team actually call the game; wheras on 9 most of what we hear is the Gould and Warren personal agendas.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tonight was one of those nights were it was special watching channel Nein. They looked mightily depressed, it makes a win like this all the more enjoyable.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fox weren't too happy either tonight. After predicting that we wouldn't make the eight this year, they all agreed that tonight was a disappointing result for Manly. Couldn't imagine them summing up the game the same way if it was the Dogs who were beaten.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fox weren't too happy either tonight. After predicting that we wouldn't make the eight this year, they all agreed that tonight was a disappointing result for Manly. Couldn't imagine them summing up the game the same way if it was the Dogs who were beaten.
Agree! Matty johns was pissed we were leading 22 to 0 at half time, after saying the dogs were to big and over weight to worry the Eagles.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The commentary on fox was good, the before and after summary is rubbish.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The commentary on fox was good, the before and after summary is rubbish.
Matty johns was cut, he had every spare cent he had on manly. Especially the crap where he said myles and trobovejic were 80 minute players and dogs forwards would struggle to stay with them, hello 1 interchange to 4 at half time proves your a tosser Matty!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't be watching channel 9 at all this year, unless I'm at someone's house who doesn't have fox in the house, I'm sick to death of their sh!t commentary on 9 .. Fox commentary is miles better. As for the pre and post show, it's ok for the panel to have an opinion on the bulldogs, they didn't think we would win, just made the victory all the more sweeter and they looked very silly at half time, so they had to make fun of the situation.. Besides half of our own supporters rode us off..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate the commentators on both channels. All shit talkers. I miss the fox sports active option where you can turn off commentary.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really surprised at myself. I watched the first half of yesterday's Parra game on Fox and then switched to the second on Nine and preferred it.

Watched all tonight's on Nine. I'll probably stick with Nine unless they're on delay, in which case I'll be bloody grateful for Fox.

(HD's irrelevant to me, as I'm a cheapskate who won't pay the extra to Foxtel for an HD feed. I can see SD just fine, thank you Rupert.)

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Enjoyed the Fox coverage. Hate 9.

Bryan Fletcher was asked at halftime if there were positives for Manly. His answer was Taupau has set a new dead lift record. Quality!

N

Natboy

Depends, HD or standard def. Though if you have fox sports HD then the choice is easy.
100%. I won't watch nein again.
Fox are so much more professional and actually talk about footy & how players played in pre-season games etc instead of talking about their games of golf during the week and rubbish

Reactions: GDR
Status
Not open for further replies.