FOX...NEWS OR LIES

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For wider exposure I posted this here, I am surprised no one else did.
Politics is a dirty game especially in the USA, in saying that our friends from FOX NEWS seem to have bitten more than they could chew ?
Assuming Fox News were onto some TRUTH they couldn't prove in courts...How do they feel being the victims ???
On the other hand, if Fox News were the victims of their own LIES...Karma is a bitch !!!
In any case as a Bulldogs supporter I simply can't stop laughing, 1.2 billion dollars isn't a small change :tearsofjoy:

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I live in the USA at present and can assure you that Rupert Murdoch has absolutely no intention of providing credible news. Unfortunately it has always been that way and has only got worse in the last 6 years or so.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Politics is a dirty game especially in the USA, in saying that our friends from FOX NEWS seem to have bitten more than they could chew ?
Assuming Fox News were onto some TRUTH they couldn't prove in courts...How do they feel being the victims ???
On the other hand, if Fox News were the victims of their own LIES...Karma is a bitch !!!
In any case as a Bulldogs supporter I simply can't stop laughing, 1.2 billion dollars isn't a small change :tearsofjoy:
Been busy with work the last few days. Can you give me a little context?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the first time.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
They reported the voting machines are rigged coz it met the Trumpy view of the world and would get viewers. Its the machine makers that sued them for lost revenue. Its actually 5% of Foxs worth - the payout is $700M US (always reported as Aus $'s here because the number is bigger lol) and Fox is worth around $17B US.

So they pandered to the lunatic fringe and someone with enough money to nail it - nailed it. Yeah - glorious stuff.

[EDIT] and this is the real funny bit. The bar to prove this in court is the reporting has to be malicious. Which is actually tough and Fox could have won it. So why did they pay out???

Because the Fox shareholders are pushing for directors records on due governance to ensure this stuff doesn't happen. And if the governance isn't up to scratch (which is basically a given it not only wasn't but this kind of reporting was probably actively encouraged), shareholders can sue the board.

So Fox were looking at double jeopardy. Copping the original courtcase as well as their own shareholders suing the company and the directors personally. So those directors approved the payout to make it all go away.

Check mate.

Last edited:

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They have a couple more coming their way as well. One in particular for a company called Smartmatic who are suing for approx 2.5 billion and is an extremely similar case to the dominion.

The funny thing is that Fox continue with lies whilst this case was underway.

Fox held out until trial most likely to have money invested for as long as possible, but in hindsight would have been better off settling early so all their dirty laundry was not aired during evidence gathering process.

Most of there show hosts were exposed saying very contradictory opinions via text to what they say to their viewers.

The truth unfortunately is that alot of their viewers want to here their lies they and if not they change to other more far right media outlets if they don’t like what they get feed.

Last edited:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
USA are actually hard cnts they will sue anyone and everyone they have chance to.

fox is crazy!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I live in the USA at present and can assure you that Rupert Murdoch has absolutely no intention of providing credible news. Unfortunately it has always been that way and has only got worse in the last 6 years or so.
I'm not the slightest surprised.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not the slightest surprised.
There is a very interesting documentary series on the Murdoch empire. I think you would find it very fascinating to watch. I think it’s on Netflix from memory.

Most news outlets have varying degrees of standards, but for a mainstream media outlet, Fox is on a whole different level.

As a proud Aussie living abroad, Murdoch is definitely someone I am ashamed to call a fellow Aussie.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The **** has history..

Uk News of the world paper got shut down in 2011 for phone hacking celebrities and widows of dead soldier's to create newspaper content.

Absolute filth of a family

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a very interesting documentary series on the Murdoch empire. I think you would find it very fascinating to watch. I think it’s on Netflix from memory.

Most news outlets have varying degrees of standards, but for a mainstream media outlet, Fox is on a whole different level.

As a proud Aussie living abroad, Murdoch is definitely someone I am ashamed to call a fellow Aussie.
I hope this would make you feel better, he renounced his Aussie citizenship :laughing:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The **** has history..

Uk News of the world paper got shut down in 2011 for phone hacking celebrities and widows of dead soldier's to create newspaper content.

Don't forget hacking into murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler's voicemail, greatly hampering her murder investigation. Scum.

This was on SBS tonight. Is this the show you refered to @Noosa Dog ?

1The Murdochs: Empire of Influence Ruthless Expansion
7:35PM - 8:30PM

CC

Now owner of the New York Post, Murdoch uses the paper to flex his political muscles and expand his empire from print to television with help from the Reagan administration and money acquired after a violent showdown with British labor unions. Meanwhile, his wife, Anna, worries that the developing succession battle among her children will tear the family apart.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The **** has history..

Media in general are supposed to be a way of reporting the truth.
Unfortunately now it is a tool to systematically brainwash and manipulate humanity...It can't be trusted !!!

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the one. It was from memory a 5 part series.

In short, he is a total scumbag and even his own daughter wants nothing to do with his empire.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the one. It was from memory a 5 part series.

In short, he is a total scumbag and even his own daughter wants nothing to do with his empire.
Have only watched this episode. Power hungry psychopath and he's compromised and bought ALL UK, USA and OZ politicians.