News Four years in the NRL wilderness... now a Dogs lifeline has ‘comeback kid’ ready to explode

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When hes match fit he will be a gun.. hes shown he has all the skills as a centre..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing about Xerri is that he has everything to prove, dedication beats motivation and I feel that he is extremely dedicated and grateful for this opportunity the dogs has given him. Wish him all the success.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way he pushes out Kiraz and Crtta in the centres.
Crichton is the first Centre picked if indeed he is picked at centre agree.

Xerri would need to be way off the pace to not be ahead of Kiraz at centre. I think there would be three or four options at centre before Kiraz plays centre.

Kiraz is an out and out winger. Returning the ball, dummy half runs and diffusing the high ball are his strengths.

There is a lot of people talking about Kiraz playing centre though. Have I missed games along the way where Kiraz has played well at centre.

He had a handful of games there last year and was less than impressive IMO. I don’t understand this push.

Genuinely asking what game should I go and watch to see Kiraz the Quality centre?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crichton is the first Centre picked if indeed he is picked at centre agree.

Xerri would need to be way off the pace to not be ahead of Kiraz at centre. I think there would be three or four options at centre before Kiraz plays centre.

Kiraz is an out and out winger. Returning the ball, dummy half runs and diffusing the high ball are his strengths.

There is a lot of people talking about Kiraz playing centre though. Have I missed games along the way where Kiraz has played well at centre.

He had a handful of games there last year and was less than impressive IMO. I don’t understand this push.

Genuinely asking what game should I go and watch to see Kiraz the Quality centre?
I just don't see how a guy who hasn't played in 4 years will be better than someone who's been a stand out for us in the past 2 years by round one.

I don't believe two pre-season games will get you match fit and up to the speed of the NRL. Surely it can't be that easy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Name some players who have been out for 4 years please.
Sandor Earl and Wendell Sailor? Not sure if Sailor was out for 2 or 4 years, but iirc he was a good player when he returned. Earl was always a fringe first grader so can’t compare. Will Hopoate left for 2? years and had a very good career still.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have I missed games along the way where Kiraz has played well at centre.
His first few games were at centre I thought and he was outstanding. Carved up from memory.

Edit: I checked and it was only his debut or first few games he played a game at centre and then a few here and there after that, so yeah I must have dreamt he was a good centre. Maybe that first game at centre in NRL vs Brisbane was what I was thinking about?

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got no idea what to expect from this guy, he seems to be ticking all the right boxes but I can't think of anyone else who's been out of the game for four years and made a successful comeback to FG.

I imagine he'd be super fit but talk of trying to make the round 1 team after having not played a single game in four years is a bit ambitious.

No way he pushes out Kiraz and Crtta in the centres.

I do want to see him do well though but it might take a full year.
4 years out is a long time but,
To his advantage it is the off season and Xerri has ample of time to adapt to the team and teamwork,
I think of it this way, we practically have a new team combination to jell together but what is in his favor is his extreme fitness levels...Hail Xerri :laughing:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His first few games were at centre I thought and he was outstanding. Carved up from memory.
He played on the wing to start the season for the first 6-7 games before getting hurt. He carved them up and actually lead the DallyM’s

He played a few games later in the year at centre and was ordinary. Nothing showed me Kiraz should be our centre.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm backing Xerri to start at centre round 1. The other centre will be Tracey or Critta with the other at fullback. I dont think we went after Tracey to play reserve grade. That's my take anyway. Would love to see Skelton play well in the trials and get a crack at centre too.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm backing Xerri to start at centre round 1. The other centre will be Tracey or Critta with the other at fullback. I dont think we went after Tracey to play reserve grade. That's my take anyway. Would love to see Skelton play well in the trials and get a crack at centre too.
I'd say...Let the trials decide.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sandor Earl and Wendell Sailor? Not sure if Sailor was out for 2 or 4 years, but iirc he was a good player when he returned. Earl was always a fringe first grader so can’t compare. Will Hopoate left for 2? years and had a very good career still.
And look where he ended up............................Gladiators :tearsofjoy: