For our next trick, a long winning streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the side only an Inu away from being back at full strength i'm going to make the not so bold prediction that in two weeks the commentators will be talking about us being strong contenders for this years premiership.

With both James Graham and Sam Kasiano due to return we will start seeing our second phase play again. I don't care if it nets us a few more metres from the average forward charge, thats all great, but I'm excited about the opportunities this opens up for Barba. I think much of his brilliance last year came from the fact that he could lurk behind the entire forward pack and be guaranteed to receive quite a few offloads if he was vigilant and in the right position. He has been notably quiet since his return and i think that with Graham and Kasiano both adding a few offloads each per game we should see Barba return to his best. He won't always score but a 20 metre break will put the defense in chaos and it opens up the defense across the park. Eastwood is another player who is going to look great receiving those offloads. We should start looking very dangerous in the middle of the ruck again in the coming weeks.

The other thing that excites me is that Hodkinson is hopefully back for a long period now. I know that many have already condemned him as being crap, but really how much football have we seen him play in our current NRL side (3 matches since Hasler arrived). Before Hodkinson arrived at the club he had played in a city country clash and a premiership decider. If people want to write him off that's fine but i have high hopes that he can add some variety to our last tackle options. We don't need Brilliance from a halfback, just some varied last tackle options that play to the strengths of our backs. If he can provide that we will go to another level.

I may be jumping the gun a little but i think our season gets back on track tonight. Bring on the Tigpies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself... Pumped for tonight I have a feeling we will win comfortable tonight. Doesn't have to be a massive score line just aslong as we are In control

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completely agree, especially re hodkinson. First time hes had a chance to prove himself with our full strength side. I am quietly confident that we will smash them tonight.

....if for some reason we manage to lose I will consider our season over

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
take it easy fellas , we only won a scrappy game last week and haven't been playing our best football at all this year. Yes i hope we get a roll on tonight and think we should be able to beat the tigers but we still need alot of improvement, hopefully with Bupa and Big Kas back on deck they can lay a good foundation for Reynolds and Hodko to do what they need to do

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodkinson for NSW number 7

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm also going to make a bold prediction - I am going to drop a mad shit after the game tonight

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also going to make a bold prediction - I am going to drop a mad shit after the game tonight
Is that because the "cold will hit your stomach" - u have to translate that in arabic for it to make sense

hahahahahahahaha

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
looks good. I really did feel Graham and Kasiano would take a couple of games to get match fit but with all the Tigers players falling over it should be a low key game and allow them to catch a breath.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good ;)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We still need 80 minutes of desperate determination as we are still up da shit after being flogged by Manly and Easts.
Bring back that Storm game defence and stand deeper in attack so we are running onto passes allowing players like Williams and Morris to get some speed up.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It should be an easy game playing a NSW cup side. Perfect time for Kas & Graham to return for a few mins. TH should have an good game where our forwards will make room he can showcase his skills (repeat sets)

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
With the side only an Inu away from being back at full strength i'm going to make the not so bold prediction that in two weeks the commentators will be talking about us being strong contenders for this years premiership.

With both James Graham and Sam Kasiano due to return we will start seeing our second phase play again. I don't care if it nets us a few more metres from the average forward charge, thats all great, but I'm excited about the opportunities this opens up for Barba. I think much of his brilliance last year came from the fact that he could lurk behind the entire forward pack and be guaranteed to receive quite a few offloads if he was vigilant and in the right position. He has been notably quiet since his return and i think that with Graham and Kasiano both adding a few offloads each per game we should see Barba return to his best. He won't always score but a 20 metre break will put the defense in chaos and it opens up the defense across the park. Eastwood is another player who is going to look great receiving those offloads. We should start looking very dangerous in the middle of the ruck again in the coming weeks.

The other thing that excites me is that Hodkinson is hopefully back for a long period now. I know that many have already condemned him as being crap, but really how much football have we seen him play in our current NRL side (3 matches since Hasler arrived). Before Hodkinson arrived at the club he had played in a city country clash and a premiership decider. If people want to write him off that's fine but i have high hopes that he can add some variety to our last tackle options. We don't need Brilliance from a halfback, just some varied last tackle options that play to the strengths of our backs. If he can provide that we will go to another level.

I may be jumping the gun a little but i think our season gets back on track tonight. Bring on the Tigpies.
God I hope you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.