U been Shanked
Reaction score
Florentino Perez dreams of a Euro Super League

PLAN - Florentino Perez

CHELSEA EYE WESLEY SNEIJDER
Chelsea plan a move for Real Madrid winger Wesley Sneijder
Read
BERNABEU FULL FOR CRISTIANO RONALDO
Kaka: Why I snubbed Manchester City | Brazilian star wanted to join a club with history and ambition

By ANDY DUNN, 04/07/2009

REAL MADRID president Florentino Perez is drawing up plans that would destroy the English Premier League in its current form.

Perez wants a Super League put in place that could see England's top four turn their back on the Premier League to play the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona every week.

He said: "What we need to work out with UEFA is a European Super League that guarantees that all the top teams play each other all the time - something that does not happen in the current Champions League."

Perez's Real revolution this summer has already seen Cristiano Ronaldo move to Madrid for £80million.

The Spanish giants' huge pulling power also saw Chelsea miss out on Brazilian target Kaka.

Now Perez wants to sit down with European football's governing body and effectively asset-strip the English league.

The plan is to maximise TV revenue and sponsorship deals for Europe's big clubs and would threaten the future of the smallest sides in the Premier League.

Asked if he would put his full weight behind a Super League he added: "Yes, but without abandoning national leagues."

hey perez...**** OFF

Boj

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i like the idea having

barca
real
arsenal
man utd
liverpool
milan
inter
and other teams in one comp playing each week

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wont happen

Thats what the whole idea if the Champs league is. Even the top teams in each league dont each other every week, just twice a season.

The big matches lose their appeal if they happen every week

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Probably make the EPL a more meaningful competition if some other club other than the four could win.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
it will be ****e, i'd rather watch united win the epl rather then some cashed up league

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
stupid idea.

champions league is fine, we dont need liverpool vs man u games every 3 weeks. the derby will become a joke

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i think perez wants the G14 members to take part in this

Man Utd (England)
Liverpool (England)
Juventus (Italy)
Milan (Italy)
Internazionale (Italy)
Marseille (France)
Paris Saint-Germain (France)
Bayern Munich (Germany)