flat passes and last tackle options

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This flat passing is a big disadvantage to our team, all it does is put pressure on the ball receiver as he has to slow down near the line to get the ball and gives the defence the chance to smash us and is a big reason to why our competitions are so poor. also from 20 out why don't we stand deep in attack and throw deep passes to give our players achance to get the ball with no defence in their face and a chance to get some foot work going. 5th tackle kicks are under 16 stuff, these chip kicks are a joke and worst in the league. why don't we put up attacking kicks or bombs to pressure the catchers. our style of play has so many disadvantages in it we pretty much contribute to most our losses.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flat passes have caused most of our tries this year. When you are playing a side like souths, who are fast off the line in defence, chances are if you get too deep you can lose ground with the ball if tackled. So it isnt always appropriate. You throw it back 10-15m passing it deep you are 10-15 m further from the line. You dont do flat or deep plays all the time.

I couldnt really fault our game tonight. Souths are in their best type of form, and we could have used Kas and Eastwood.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you regarding 5th tackle options we to often resort to those little chip kicks. Feel we also don't gain enough repeat sets either. In saying that thought we played well tonight minus 3 of our stars and I am upbeat about our chances in the finals after tonight's performance .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I couldnt really fault our game tonight. Souths are in their best type of form, and we could have used Kas and Eastwood.
As much as it pains me, we could of used that money hungry whore too.

Was that rat prick even there tonight?

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What happened to Hodko and his conversions? Could have been a different game if he kicked em all. Also we seemed weak up front. Would have been a different result if Kas and Eastwood played and Pritchard didnt come off

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Flat passes have caused most of our tries this year. When you are playing a side like souths, who are fast off the line in defence, chances are if you get too deep you can lose ground with the ball if tackled. So it isnt always appropriate. You throw it back 10-15m passing it deep you are 10-15 m further from the line. You dont do flat or deep plays all the time.

I respect your opinion, but I just think that so many times we just look lost in the 20 with our attacking plays. none of our trys are really well constructed imo.
I just think we lack so much on the last tackle options

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
where is our support players when we break the lines???? no one to take the offload.

FMD!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to start forcing repeat sets that let us use our current attacking style to grind away at teams. We might see this in the finals but who knows!

I expect us to start doing it because possession leads to trys and trys lead to wins.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the difference between last year and this year is those flat/short/quick passes were sticking to the hands and now half of those passes fall in no mans land or result in knock ons.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We have some pretty clueless halves I rkn.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to start forcing repeat sets that let us use our current attacking style to grind away at teams. We might see this in the finals but who knows!

I expect us to start doing it because possession leads to trys and trys lead to wins.
Trys lead to wins? Didnt know

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hence the 10 or less repeat sets in the whole season ffs
You serious?

That's pathetic....oh that's right, it's because all those cross field kicks to INU have created sooooo many tries that we don't need repeat sets....that MUST be it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You serious?

That's pathetic....oh that's right, it's because all those cross field kicks to INU have created sooooo many tries that we don't need repeat sets....that MUST be it.
Did you see his leap last night though? He needs to do that all the time!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This flat passing is a big disadvantage to our team, all it does is put pressure on the ball receiver as he has to slow down near the line to get the ball and gives the defence the chance to smash us and is a big reason to why our competitions are so poor. also from 20 out why don't we stand deep in attack and throw deep passes to give our players achance to get the ball with no defence in their face and a chance to get some foot work going. 5th tackle kicks are under 16 stuff, these chip kicks are a joke and worst in the league. why don't we put up attacking kicks or bombs to pressure the catchers. our style of play has so many disadvantages in it we pretty much contribute to most our losses.
100% agree but obviously Hasler likes this form of attack. Seriously, i know we came within 8 points of the rabbits, but I thought the rabbits we're a class above us. We tried hard all night but our defence was not up to their attack . We were very one dimensional. It was one up most of the time. I think that Reynolds and Hodkinson did not control the game for us like Sutton and Reynolds did for Souths. Inu needs a spell in NSW Cup. He really is offering us nothing. And what about our kicking game? Absolutely pathetic and one of the biggest reasons why we will not go anywhere in this comp. Our kicking game is predictable and does not build pressure. our long distance kicking game is very ordinary.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

We haven't had a half since Sherwin that has a short kicking game...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
most of our tries this season have come from luck or poor defensive reads from the opposition, our style of play from last season has changed a lot and so has the opposition now being aware of our style.

good constructive attacking plays have come undone with a poor pass or a dropped ball at a crucial stage. in saying that, it has to be noted we have hardly had the same team from last year on the park together all season with a string of injuries to different players also causing reshuffles of the pack week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.