Flanagan to dragons swap

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol this news is rehashed, this was true but we signed Sexton. Some telecrap idiot reprinted old shit

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because the difference between the good teams and the shit teams is depth and competition for spots.
We don't need Sullivan.
Halves depth next year:
* Bailey Biondi-Odo (worth another shot);
* Karl Oloapu (Despite what Gus "says", a viable back-up 6 or 7. Still very young. A medium-term project. Can always do the ball-playing 13 if there's a queue in front of him, when he's ready);
* Flanagan - not required
* Hayward - he's okay, but I think his development had plateaued a bit. I really think he'd benefit from a couple of years in Super League. Could really see him in the NRL in say,'26 or '27 - if not here, then somewhere. Good game-managing halves are difficult to find.
* Rajab - he's not really in the halves pecking order. He's far from 1st-grade ready. Even another full year in reggies and I doubt he will be ready. If he can mature his game, maybe '25 he can work through onto the bench and see what happens from there (probably the "greenest" half on this list, and that includes the Flegg boys below).
* Joseph O'Neill & Jonah Glover (current Flegg halves): these guys should take over NSW Cup Full time from '24, to hone their skills and be ready if needed. They both look very good. Hopefully at least one can step up for us.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need Sullivan.
Halves depth next year:
* Bailey Biondi-Odo (worth another shot);
* Karl Oloapu (Despite what Gus "says", a viable back-up 6 or 7. Still very young. A medium-term project. Can always do the ball-playing 13 if there's a queue in front of him, when he's ready);
* Flanagan - not required
* Hayward - he's okay, but I think his development had plateaued a bit. I really think he'd benefit from a couple of years in Super League. Could really see him in the NRL in say,'26 or '27 - if not here, then somewhere. Good game-managing halves are difficult to find.
* Rajab - he's not really in the halves pecking order. He's far from 1st-grade ready. Even another full year in reggies and I doubt he will be ready. If he can mature his game, maybe '25 he can work through onto the bench and see what happens from there (probably the "greenest" half on this list, and that includes the Flegg boys below).
* Joseph O'Neill & Jonah Glover (current Flegg halves): these guys should take over NSW Cup Full time from '24, to hone their skills and be ready if needed. They both look very good. Hopefully at least one can step up for us.
I appreciate the effort in your post, but all it does is further prove our depth issues in the halves.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would swap Flanagan, for a corner post if I could get it.
Yeah, but only one of the old cardboard ones that had been trampled in an attempt to score & is now falling apart.....the new padded versions are worth way more than Flange!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno might go there, but there won't be a swap with Sullivan though

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, but only one of the old cardboard ones that had been trampled in an attempt to score & is now falling apart.....the new padded versions are worth way more than Flange!
The old black and white striped ones. I remember the full time jump the fence to try and grab the corner post days. You walk out like a king with that over your shoulder lol

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old black and white striped ones. I remember the full Tim jump the fence to try and grab the corner post days. You walk out like a king with that over your shoulder lol
Yep that's them!!

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
The old black and white striped ones. I remember the full time jump the fence to try and grab the corner post days. You walk out like a king with that over your shoulder lol
I’ve still got one in the pool room from Henson Park I grabbed around 10 years ago