Flanagan Sr (Fox Coverage)

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You listen different to me.
He really is a good analyst.
Bias seems to affect peoples hearing.

People have to get over the past. He has done his time.
He listens with his eyes so yeah he does do it different

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd kill to have Des back. We're talking about Baz who's by far the worst coach in the NRL vs Des who's a top 6 (easy) coach.
Fuck Des. I'm glad he's gone. He ran the club into the ground with salary cap problems and neglecting juniors and we got worse every season he was in charge despite making the finals every year but one.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So was Des.....and how many premierships did we win under Des' watch?.
Not sure what you mean. I'm giving Flanno credit for being a premiership winning coach - even though I think that was tainted by PEDs and a cap breach. He won a premiership so he knows the game bur as an analyst i think he has quite a simple view of the game. He often repackaged Brandys view

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That warriors winger is dumber than Okunbor...and I didn't even think that was possible.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s depressing watching the storm carve up. Hopefully one day we will be doing the same and the kennel will be a dream of a place

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His mate Ennis had to try really hard to get him involved in commentary in the early days. Fox employs heaps of crap commentators these days.

Winning a premiership isn’t the be all and end all, Ricky Stuart has one and I wouldn’t want him coaching at the club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Paid a bit extra attention since this thread went up.. Seems to state the obvious I haven’t heard anything ground breaking. As annoying as Cronk and Ennis can be they break downtown the game a lot better I think.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His mate Ennis had to try really hard to get him involved in commentary in the early days. Fox employs heaps of crap commentators these days.

Winning a premiership isn’t the be all and end all, Ricky Stuart has one and I wouldn’t want him coaching at the club.
It is the context to how they won. Ricky Stuart, padded Roosters team run by Politis doing the recruiting (getting around the salary cap)

Flanno Sharks were a mess, turned the roster around got all his own staff in recruited the likes of Ennis, Maloney & Barba. Won in the GF against the Storm. Let's not forget the scrum set play in that GF which is great coaching to break the Storm defense.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do these wingers who can't catch bombs get scouted? Some of these NRL scouts are seriously cooked.
Yeah it's ridiculous, that they can make it through to first grade. NRL should be harder than that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were after a coach not an entertainer.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is the context to how they won. Ricky Stuart, padded Roosters team run by Politis doing the recruiting (getting around the salary cap)

Flanno Sharks were a mess, turned the roster around got all his own staff in recruited the likes of Ennis, Maloney & Barba. Won in the GF against the Storm. Let's not forget the scrum set play in that GF which is great coaching to break the Storm defense.
Don’t forget a lot of the Sharks mess and terrible season in 2014 were because of Flanno’s actions.

i’m personally not a fan, I wouldn’t like Flanno jr to be an automatic selection or the halfback for years to come which will happen if his father is there but if that’s the path the club chooses I’ll live with it.

Sadly I just don’t have the interest I did in the game years ago anyway.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You are forgetting two pretty important elements- a salary cap breach and getting done for systematically drugging his players with PEDs. The grand final team was a stacked team too