Flanagan offside with Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the fuk did he say that was so bad....honestly the media is just full of shit
How is talking in the media multiple times about a job you haven't got yet a good thing? How is talking about how you'd make your son a better player when the club wants to get rid of him a good thing?

How does that help the club or not piss off anyone at the club? I get everyone wants Flanagan, but people are ignoring the obvious just because they want him..

If Flanagan can't control himself before he has the job, how difficult is he going to be to work with if he gets it? Those are the questions people at the club would rightfully be asking because of his comments.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don’t think he was ever a front runner for the job, I think people other than Gus thought he was the best man for the job and ran with it. I said in another post that the more he talked in the media the less I wanted him as our coach, I am glad he won’t be here, and the sooner jnr gets the punt the better.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who broke this story grog field .
And it’s true the club has mismanaged Flanagan didn’t play him in any trials the. Throw him in against penrith and in and out last year he can’t get a 5 game stretch but we persist with averillo
It’s honest feedback Shane’s the man for the job he has done it before

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL our players weren't receiving the training they need - exactly why Ferris and Barrett aren't here any more. If the board can't see someone saying that is simply stating the obvious / the truth they would be a bunch of idiots. Hopefully they're not.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s an option to be honest. The way he’s publicly talking about wanting the job. He spoke on 2GB about it, and now this podcast. If he’s been spoken to he wouldn’t be doing this. Gus would already have his mind made up. Would of had it well before Trent left.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is talking in the media multiple times about a job you haven't got yet a good thing? How is talking about how you'd make your son a better player when the club wants to get rid of him a good thing?

How does that help the club or not piss off anyone at the club? I get everyone wants Flanagan, but people are ignoring the obvious just because they want him..

If Flanagan can't control himself before he has the job, how difficult is he going to be to work with if he gets it? Those are the questions people at the club would rightfully be asking because of his comments.
I’m not too sure that everyone wants him at our club generally speaking.
At the end of the day we just need to trust our management make the right call which in my opinion is massive.
Can not afford another f... up.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Kylie off now and Shine should sjout the fuck up too.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s an option to be honest. The way he’s publicly talking about wanting the job. He spoke on 2GB about it, and now this podcast. If he’s been spoken to he wouldn’t be doing this. Gus would already have his mind made up. Would of had it well before Trent left.
Yeah I agree Gus knew who our next coach was going to be at the end of last year, if TBag didn’t turn things around.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who broke this story grog field .
And it’s true the club has mismanaged Flanagan didn’t play him in any trials the. Throw him in against penrith and in and out last year he can’t get a 5 game stretch but we persist with averillo
It’s honest feedback Shane’s the man for the job he has done it before
Kyle hasn't been mismanaged. He just hasn't been good enough. He's had countless opportunities. He failed at the Roosters too.. Did they mismanage him? Or is it possible Kyle just isn't a FG half and people need to accept that?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well unless the club plans on signing someone who hasn't been brought up in the media I really don't think there's anyone more capable (and really there's no one close to Flanagan's level available). I'd like to think there'd be no more self sabotage coming from the clubs side after the past few years we've faced, hopefully the people in charge come to their senses or this article is just bs.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Troll article. Like the bulldogs would give the media this sort of story on or off the record. They’ll do anything they can to try and keep us off any good quality coaches and sitting at the bottom of the ladder

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle hasn't been mismanaged. He just hasn't been good enough. He's had countless opportunities. He failed at the Roosters too.. Did they mismanage him? Or is it possible Kyle just isn't a FG half and people need to accept that?
Totally agree there is every chance Kyle never goes on to be a top level half.
His dad and everyone else will see this in good time.