Flanagan consolidated thread.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From what I've seen so far of him he looks better suited to the 6 than the 7. He is a good support player but goes missing in the big moments. He will develop but I don't think he ever plays Origin.
Tempted to watch a roosters game and watch out for his attirbutes... Can he pass left anrd right cleanly? Can he defend on both shoulders? Does he have vision? Can he direct a team around? Problem is we have young halves but what we are lacking is basically what i just mentioned....

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To those who have written off Burton because his mate Staines wouldn't come, think about this, Staines has got 5 backline options therefore pretty certain to get his chance. Burton is a pure 6 or 7 therefore only two possible options and probably only limited to short term injuries etc. Who would knock back extra couple hundred k a year to play reserves?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats ok.. declining a release is not him signing extension. Panthers may need some convincing if thats the case.... We have any chips they might want??
They have some big names off contract they may not be able to carry his Burton’s salary next season. I doubt they will agree to an extension with Burton while Crichton & Luai are unsigned.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t like anything coming from the Rorters. Napa is to slow and a liability and should be moved on. Any half decent half is going to look good behind that Roosters pack, they have TPA deals galore courtesy of Uncle Nic. Let’s not forget Flanagan played the latter part of the season with a shoulder injury. I heard from a diehard Sharkies supporter when I mentioned Flanagan had signed with the Rorters he replied, “they can have him”. He wasn’t that great at Cronulla but obviously blossomed with maturity and behind what basically is a rep pack. Would much rather Burton to sign. I also expect Brandon Smith to sign on within the month.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon Roosters are being too cocky after 2 straight premierships. Yeah, we get it... You're trying to show that you're ruthless and don't settle for mediocrity but I hope it comes back to bite you on the arse..
This is true. They won 2 comps cause of Cronk. Take him out of the team and they are nt championship calibre. Keary and Tedesco should bear most of the blame as well as other senior players

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tempted to watch a roosters game and watch out for his attirbutes... Can he pass left anrd right cleanly? Can he defend on both shoulders? Does he have vision? Can he direct a team around? Problem is we have young halves but what we are lacking is basically what i just mentioned....
He didn't direct the Roosters around. His defense is good enough. He really doesn't have any glaring weaknesses besides not being a match winner.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw him play some Cup last year, was a classic halfback, organising, kicking, setting up plays...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk said on fox last week he believes Flanagan is the man to lead the roosters in the half back role. So if cronk rates him that's all I need to be confident not all u couch experts bagging him saying he's rubbish
The same Cronk that was critical of the roosters signing him a year ago because he wanted brodie croft at the roosters to replace him?Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 14.21.31.png