storm - win
tigers - loss
warriors - win
cowboys -loss

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me, Manly is a 50/50 game.
- Storm (missing Paps and the forward exodus to the Phins leaves some questions) another 50/50.
- Tigers actually see this as a 50/50 also, we need to turn up fully committed otherwise Tigers forward pack might roll over us. We should win if we have the right attitude.
- Warriors we should win and win well.
- Cowboys we might be up against it. But it’s a home game, and if we have form on the board from the above 4wks, then we have a decent shot.

I Wouldn’t be surprised if we are 4/5, but equally can see us 1/5.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I Wouldn’t be surprised if we are 4/5, but equally can see us 1/5.
Same. We will need some luck (not our friend in recent years) but, new beginnings 'n' all...
3 from 5 would be a really solid start (and would equal ALL of our wins for our "stellar" 2020 & 2021[spoon] campaigns).

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As long as every player gives 100% and has that never say die attitude I'm happy with whatever result.
Yeah, nah. That won't cut it anymore.
We have had years of 100% "gives" (but not necessarily the talent and/or structures to match).
We need results now. They don't have to be immediate, but we have to see real progress towards them.
That means competing (really competing) and [re-]learning to fight and grind out close wins (rather than "gallant" losses).
In 2023, after 10 rounds (the "Barret" yardstick), anything 6 or above is great, 4-5 is pass/good, 3 is dicey, & 0-2 is dire.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Same. We will need some luck (not our friend in recent years) but, new beginnings 'n' all...
3 from 5 would be a really solid start (and would equal ALL of our wins for our "stellar" 2020 & 2021[spoon] campaigns).
[/QUOTE)
Agreed, a few 50/50 calls our way, some momentum would be great. I’d be happy with 3/5 start.
But the next 3 games after that are South, Eels and Sharks, so we’d need to take a big scalp in one of those 3 wks.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very difficult to try and pick 5 rounds ahead after two dodgy trials.
But they need to win 3 of those as the following 3 games are Rabbitohs, Eels and Sharks. Anything less than 6 points after 8 rounds will be a problem.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Refs and NRLOL will be supporting NQL and Storm as per. Count those games out.

3/5 possibility and an achievement we need to hit given our recruitment but we can't bank on it.

One or two from 5 is a more realistic given recent years even with our squad improvement. A lot lays in the hands of the Refs unfortunately but hopefully Gus has some pull these days

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a better chance beating Manly and Storm in rounds 1 & 2 but round 3 Tigers at Belmore...you would have to be a brave man to call it a win. It's these games, games that you should win that can bite you. In recent times we do not have a winning record at Belmore.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sea Eagle - lose
Storm - lose
Tiger - win
Warrior - win
Cowboy - lose
2/5

I think it's unlikely we beat Sea Eagle, but we're a decent chance.
I think it's very unlikely we beat Storm or Cowboy.
I think it's likely we beat Tiger and Warrior, but there's a decent chance we lose both those games too (Warrior away very tough, we might not even be favourites).
So on that I can see us being anywhere from 0/5 - 3/5. I'm expecting us to be 2/5.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm saying 1/5, the trial made me uneasy, we've been poor starters for years now, and though our draw isn't as bad as last season, it is still pretty bad.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sea eagles- win
Storm - 50/50
Tigers - 50/50 (Due to our belmore record)
Warriors- win
Cowboys- 50/50