Official Finally Truth!

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus has repeatedly smashed the news ltd cabal for their behaviour. It's no revelation that you need to gather facts before dropping articles that can changes people's and club's fortunes. low life is the worst and just can't let go, but with the sometimes exception of Anasta and hooper, the whole crew has been and will continue to climb into our club.

I'd rather a GM that spoke out and held them to account that one that was cowwed into silence.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is past the point where some of the bullshit being circulated about the club and gould has to be addressed, it is clearly a vendetta disguised as journalism.

The best way to silence the rubbish is with success on the field.
Each to their own but if I read an article like this(I don't however)I still would not post same on here to stir the pot, what's the point.
Of course the o.p may have thought there was some factual correctness to it...

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the truth is likely in the middle. Yes newscorp have an agenda against Gould, but they aren’t that low so as to fabricate something, rather they would report on a topic and add about 30 bucks worth of mayo. Yes weilder is now a mouth piece for Gould. Yes he will respond to disparaging articles about Gould likely giving an overly positive outlook on the situation

My take on what’s happened. Every week Gould and Ciro sit down to talk about the team etc. at some point during the discussion Ciro goes “I’m picking xyz” and Gould will probably go “why xyz? And not Toby sexton?” (Hahah) And so on and so forth. Now being in a situation like that people normally wanna put their best foot forward, and Ciro will probably dig his heels deeper on why this and that to show he knows wtf he is doing

I think Ciro picks his team, Gould challenges it at times, and Ciro comes up with reasons why he is doing what he is doing. It doesn’t detract from his poor team selections and at times I think this will likely result in healthy / robust discussions with Gus. How this escalates is if we’re bottom feeding and everything we’re doing on the field sucks and then Ciro gets fired because Gus would have been right the entire time

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FUN & WINNING GAMES
✍ Danny Weidler

Canterbury general manager Phil Gould can look after himself when it comes to media attacks on him and his club. In the past week, he has been the subject of a whispering campaign with lies being distributed in viral text messages designed to undermine Gould and some of his key relationships at the club.

The Bulldogs are also aware of media interest in the departure of some people from the club. One element of the texts that is not true has been given air time by the media, so it is lucky coach Cameron Ciraldo has a steel about him not many are aware of.

Ciraldo has had to endure a campaign, fuelled by texts, that he does not pick his teams. Instead, it is claimed Gould chooses teams. But Ciraldo is choosing teams. Gould doesn’t even attend selection meetings.

When it came to announcing the team for Friday’s 30-26 upset win over the Roosters, Ciraldo said to the group with a smile as Gould watched on: “Gus, why don’t you announce the team since you picked it?”

It is interesting to read criticism levelled at Gould for recruitment and failing to land players in key positions. Gould knows better than anyone where the club is deficient and tried to sign Jarome Luai and Addin Fonua-Blake. I have been told by sources with knowledge of the situation that Luai indicated to some at the Bulldogs he was heading to Belmore. For whatever reason, he opted to go to the Tigers.

Gould has landed some big signings, such as Stephen Crichton, Viliame Kikau, Josh Curran and Reed Mahoney. Gould also signed Ciraldo. The club also has a strong line of players coming through the juniors. In time, things will change for the club and commitment to Ciraldo’s program is starting to bear fruit.
The recruitment has been first class! We have not bought utilities we have bought genuine footballs who can read & play the game.
Hopefully the process continues and we see that new attitude again Friday night.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Weidler has changed his ways about Bulldogs ever since Gould arrived and his close ship with him.

Very rare to see a negative story on dogs from Danny. His comments and reporting always direct info and positive.
Who would ever have believed Weidler is being pro-active FOR the Bulldogs... I guess miracles do happen after all.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything emanating from Fox NRL and the grub journalists over there is always negative. They literally publish 2 negative articles a week about the dogs but, it will be gold when we are on top again and no one in this organization. including players, will give those flogs any interviews.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Each to their own but if I read an article like this(I don't however)I still would not post same on here to stir the pot, what's the point.
Of course the o.p may have thought there was some factual correctness to it...
Constructive criticism is fine, but the alcohol affected carcass seems to think he's funny while he's being egged on by the other clowns he appears with. I don't know that any players, managers, sponsors take any notice of his shenanigans but the club doesn't need the appearance we are in turmoil and that no one wants to come to the dogs.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol Alcohol affected Carcass , that’s one of the most apt descriptions of The piss soaked old flog yet :tongueclosed:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Weidler is a mouthpiece for Gus, anyone who believed any of this total bullshit about Gus and team selections is crazy.. I'm just glad we missed out on Luai. It would have been a complete waste of money. He did us a favour by joining the Tigers.
Imagine signing him on $1m plus or whatever it was and then seeing how good Galvin and Sezer have gone. Tigers probably: Please penrith can we get a refund!?

Obviously Sezer doesn’t have many years left playing but Luai aint a 7 either. Tigs also have Fainu who is supposedly a future great. Also a 6 iirc. And they still have Sullivan lol. Oh well they at least have the luxury of several options, but Luai or Sullivan at 7 wouldn’t fill me with confidence.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the truth is likely in the middle. Yes newscorp have an agenda against Gould, but they aren’t that low so as to fabricate something, rather they would report on a topic and add about 30 bucks worth of mayo. Yes weilder is now a mouth piece for Gould. Yes he will respond to disparaging articles about Gould likely giving an overly positive outlook on the situation

My take on what’s happened. Every week Gould and Ciro sit down to talk about the team etc. at some point during the discussion Ciro goes “I’m picking xyz” and Gould will probably go “why xyz? And not Toby sexton?” (Hahah) And so on and so forth. Now being in a situation like that people normally wanna put their best foot forward, and Ciro will probably dig his heels deeper on why this and that to show he knows wtf he is doing

I think Ciro picks his team, Gould challenges it at times, and Ciro comes up with reasons why he is doing what he is doing. It doesn’t detract from his poor team selections and at times I think this will likely result in healthy / robust discussions with Gus. How this escalates is if we’re bottom feeding and everything we’re doing on the field sucks and then Ciro gets fired because Gus would have been right the entire time
Also in a situation like this I would expect someone like Gould to challenge Ciraldo as having an agreeable relationship in rugby league environment isn't conducive to success. I would also tend to believe that Gus would challenge his selections in order to get feedback on why Ciro is picking player(s).
Media painting this out to be a bad thing was always stupid. Only way things like this go pear shaped is if stupid ass board members have more say than the coach.