News Fight to keep Promising half-back Mitchell Woods

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not saying he isn’t putting in the work but some people are just good at everything they do. Bit like some people are born athletes.
He has a gift for sports …. but talent is a common thing … people waste it every day, they abuse it, they take it for granted.

Success comes not from what God has given you but what you do with it, it’s really up to the individual.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods was hardly a stand out as a juniour when he was at st christophers, its not like teams where saying, omg there is woods in the team, where going to get smashed. Yes the kid is damn fit and runs the 1.2km at superhuman figures.

His current team at st chris which are stacked with harold matts players couldnt even make the semis this year.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods was hardly a stand out as a juniour when he was at st christophers, its not like teams where saying, omg there is woods in the team, where going to get smashed. Yes the kid is damn fit and runs the 1.2km at superhuman figures.

His current team at st chris which are stacked with harold matts players couldnt even make the semis this year.
Woods has not played a club game with st christophers for 2 seasons. Fact

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
Height: 179cm
Weight: 73kg
D.O.B: 15-05-2006

So will be turning 19 in 2025.
Hopefully he can be our future champion halfback.

Well good to dream about our future because the present team is shit.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Been a stand out when I’ve seen him play union for the last few years don’t see how it’d be any different in league

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Height: 179cm
Weight: 73kg
D.O.B: 15-05-2006

So will be turning 19 in 2025.
Hopefully he can be our future champion halfback.

Well good to dream about our future because the present team is shit.
Makes sense that Gus signed Sexton for 2 years.
Clearly Sexton is stop gap solution to get us through this rubbish rebuild period.

I do like what Gus is trying to do.
And you can slowly see what he is trying to do.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Often they don't,.
But often they do
There was a lot of hype around sbw then he burst onto the scene in nrl and lived up to the hype.

It's harder for a young half to burst on in nrl
But with the right guidance I can see it happening with this kid.
“With the right guidance” being the key point.

Will he get the right guidance at the Bulldogs? I have my doubts that we have the people and know how within the club to develop playmakers.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“With the right guidance” being the key point.

Will he get the right guidance at the Bulldogs? I have my doubts that we have the people and know how within the club to develop playmakers.
I appreciate the scepticism born out of raw frustration.
But I honestly, as I stand here right now, Happy to go on the record.
Hope I'm not proven wrong, but I honestly think Cc and Gus will get us moving in the right direction.
I already know the results won't come fast enough to appease a lot of fans, and the media are going to enjoy the ride and kick us whilst we are down.

But I am looking forward to the day we are dominating again and those media scum can get back in their hole.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the scepticism born out of raw frustration.
But I honestly, as I stand here right now, Happy to go on the record.
Hope I'm not proven wrong, but I honestly think Cc and Gus will get us moving in the right direction.
I already know the results won't come fast enough to appease a lot of fans, and the media are going to enjoy the ride and kick us whilst we are down.

But I am looking forward to the day we are dominating again and those media scum can get back in their hole.
With all due respect to CC & Gus neither of them can develop a half. We need specially dedicated halves coaching. I know shifty was doing some work. I’m not sure if he still is or not? If he is though… whatever he is doing isn’t working. From what I can see we have had several gun young halves in recent seasons. None of them have progressed.

Even developing the Burtons game as a playmaker. He clearly struggles in the role. If he is our future what are they doing to grow his game as a half?