Feel good News Article - Mahoney

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Flanagun people only care about mental well being and player well being when it suits them. The majority in here wouldn't care less about Topine now because the club don't see him as part of their 2024 plans. He's contracted for this year he was re-signed in 2022 in good faith and should be supported.
What would you know about what people think or how they feel?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately unlike you I have facts that support my opinions. You peddle your bullshit on here liking your posts with your other hand as though that gives you some merit.

My agenda is neither pro or anti Gus but it’s [emoji817] anti clown. That means you and the bullshit you spin in every thread. Zero credibility. Troll.
Maybe u can share the ‘facts’ u had suggesting terrell was definately Belmore bound according to what u ‘heard’

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe u can share the ‘facts’ u had suggesting terrell was definately Belmore bound according to what u ‘heard’
I think that red nose must be a bit too tight. Please quote where I said Terrell was Belmore bound..

Luai says hi though

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never said you said it. But you did call Polly a liar for saying other people did. He isn’t lying about that. That’s all I’m saying.
Polly is a liar and a big one, he claims I have multiple accounts which I don’t and claims that I have told him to kill himself which I haven’t. He is spreading lies about me and won’t admit his wrong.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree or agree with Mahoney all you want… but call him weak, or any other player for that manner, for openly articulating his thoughts, and you’ll be rightly told to go fuck yourself… and that also applies to those showing support to those who do
Go back and look at your posts about Thompson when he was struggling lmao. Pure and utter vitriol from yourself

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go back and look at your posts about Thompson when he was struggling lmao. Pure and utter vitriol from yourself
“Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler previously revealed Thompson had told those close to him he would take a pay-cut to play for the Roosters.”… this was the basis of the story… what the fuck are you talking about?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread has gone off topic multiple times but if I can comment on the original thread, my thoughts are that Mahoney felt compelled he had to fill in for the lack of performance from the rest of his spine.

Let's face it, he had Perham at FB (useless modern day FB), Burton at 5/8th (simply not good enough), Flanagan at half (again useless) and not much X factor coming from anywhere else.

It was natural for him to try to take the bull by the horns.

However.... If anything from his time at Parra shows, he makes alot of mistakes when he tries to do too much. I remember afew times in tight games where Moses would demand the ball and Mahoney would ignore him and do something himself or feed it to Dylan Brown. Moses would then mouth off at him. It cost them a finals game in '21 I think. But there were other examples also.

There's 2 problems here....
1) Mahoney struggles to be subordinate to even a dominant halfback and overplay his hand

2) our current halves (Burton-Sexton) are not even in the category of dominant halves, and so Mahoney will feel compelled to do overplay his hand again

Bottom line here is that our halves need an overhaul.

I would be starting with Hutch and Sexton with Taaffe at FB, but if that doesn't seem to be working, maybe Hutch and Taafe in the halves with Tracy at FB

The way to fix Mahoney's issues is to have decent halves who demand the bloody ball.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t say Reed has done anything to justify his price tag, or display any leadership qualities to justify his captaincy.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As captain Mahoney is also fronting every post-match press conference and trying to answer why his team isn’t winning, week in, week out… without putting any other candidate in that same scenario it’s difficult to know who could or could not handle it.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As captain Mahoney is also fronting every post-match press conference and trying to answer why his team isn’t winning, week in, week out… without putting any other candidate in that same scenario it’s difficult to know who could or could not handle it.
I've got no problem with him being the captain. He certainly didn't underperform in captain duties.

I know it sounds abit from left field, but I'd have Hutch as vice captain. Not sure his exact traits but from the little I have heard from him, I'm sure he can be better than most others. He's a mature player, who speaks well enough and is in the halves so if CC is genuinely thinking he will be in the team, he should be VC.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Berries @Flanagun read the latest thread tonight about the mental health. Not a single ounce of support for the player in question not a care in the world about his mental welfare. Absolute sickening. Led by the KG cred of course.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Berries @Flanagun read the latest thread tonight about the mental health. Not a single ounce of support for the player in question not a care in the world about his mental welfare. Absolute sickening. Led by the KG cred of course.
Suck my balls you liar, where did I say anything negative about topine?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler previously revealed Thompson had told those close to him he would take a pay-cut to play for the Roosters.”… this was the basis of the story… what the fuck are you talking about?
He needs to go home, walk into his kitchen, grab a dessert spoon, and help himself to a great big bowl of get fucked.

Worm

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only job this limey cuuuunt is qualified for is going back to Bog Town UK to drive a lorry.

Worm

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only job this limey cuuuunt is qualified for is going back to Bog Town UK to drive a lorry.

Worm
Was there any quote from Thompson suggesting he was struggling mentally… no?… any indication from Weidler that Thompson was struggling mentally… no?… then in that case, what in the name of fuck are you going on about… yeah, he played fuck all games in 4 years while being well paid by the Bulldogs, and apparently was happy to jump over to the Roosters for half-price… what response would you be happy with, for me to write Thompson a fuckin Best Of Luck In The Future With The Roosters card and add a lot of xxx’s at the end???