Feel good News Article - Mahoney

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK has gone to another level since leaving. I didn't overly agree with the Mahoney signing we already had a player under contract and a player we were putting a lot of time into. We needed to build the club from within. I still don't think Mahoney should be captain. This article isn't a feel good story. We heard all last year how wonderful it is when in reality it wasn't so wonderful.

Funny how they all want to go off topic. There are plenty of Luai threads elsewhere.

The club is now setup if we go good it's all because of Gus. If we fail this year it's first year of the 5yr plan reset from 2021 5yr plan and will still find ways to blame RFM, Flanagan and Averillo. Fans will lap it up blaming them 3 and others.
Great reply to try and get forum members who weren’t happy those players were let go to try and side with your narrative

No single player is to blame. Collectively we need to be better and keep aiming to be better.. players, coaching and administration.

You clowns really are clutching at straws

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK has gone to another level since leaving. I didn't overly agree with the Mahoney signing we already had a player under contract and a player we were putting a lot of time into. We needed to build the club from within. I still don't think Mahoney should be captain. This article isn't a feel good story. We heard all last year how wonderful it is when in reality it wasn't so wonderful.

Funny how they all want to go off topic. There are plenty of Luai threads elsewhere.

The club is now setup if we go good it's all because of Gus. If we fail this year it's first year of the 5yr plan reset from 2021 5yr plan and will still find ways to blame RFM, Flanagan and Averillo. Fans will lap it up blaming them 3 and others.
JMK was at the dogs for 4 years played good in his last contract year, wasn’t good enough to resign him. Went to the dolphins couldn’t finish the season without injuries, so tell me again how that would’ve worked out for us I’ll wait.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Boyd Cordner… you know, captain of every team from club to country… admitted in a tv series recently that he currently is doubting where he is in life, his function, did he make the right decisions… I’m guessing in your book he too is a weak character?
Thanks for sharing that, it is a really powerful example of something that is truly a normal human experience. If more people came out and normalised this part of everyday life, there would be less people (especially younger males) struggling in secret because they perceive that toughness is ignoring your responses to difficulties in life. It isn't, it takes toughness to recognise when you are struggling and face it effectively. Anyone disagreeing with you on this is probably trolling or has an agenda of some sort.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, it is a really powerful example of something that is truly a normal human experience. If more people came out and normalised this part of everyday life, there would be less people (especially younger males) struggling in secret because they perceive that toughness is ignoring your responses to difficulties in life. It isn't, it takes toughness to recognise when you are struggling and face it effectively. Anyone disagreeing with you on this is probably trolling or has an agenda of some sort.
Exactly… yet there are still those like Dreaming who pathetically hide behind a keyboard and call that behaviour a lack of maturity and weak.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just more dribbly fake indignation about a non-issue from people who spend their lives looking for things to get all fake-upset about.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admitting these things publicly is a sign of weakness and lack of maturity and is unheard of from a club captain (if not, pls show me proof of other examples). Our former greats would be disgusted wit these comments from our extremely prilvilged current captain
He was asked a loaded question, he had to respond. Would you have preferred him to say "yeah the season was not great, but I personally played really great footy last year and I'm proud of how I performed. It was the rest of the team who unfortunately dragged us down, despite my stellar performances"..?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jmk didn’t finish the year cause he was injured lol how handy would that have been?
You are such a dribbler.
Not once have you said that the whole team had a bad year.
Tell me of another club that wouldn’t struggle with the amount of injuries we had?
South’s didn’t make the 8 cause of one player.

roosters had a shit load of injuries last year and still made it to the 2nd week of finals last season

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We seriously have people comparing Reed having second thoughts about signing with a struggling footy team to Boyd Corner, who is struggling to find his place in the world after being forced into an early retirement due to multiple head injuries and subsequent neurological damage?

To be honest, I don't see a big problem with Reed's comments. I do think most people would have doubts after realising the enormity of the job in front of them, and the comments seem to be positive on the whole, as he is praising the people around the club who helped him believe in its new direction. But I can also see why some might take issue. It's not the sort of thing you really want to hear from your captain. I mean when people sign on for a public role with a new company, they are expected to show confidence in the brand. I think Reed's comments are ok, because he seems to be showing a lot of confidence now, but I think we also need to respect other interpretations.

There's nothing in Reed's comments to suggest to me he was battling mental health issues, or anything more than just an 'oh, shit, did I make the right career decision?' dilemma (although the possibility can't be ruled out, you never know.) I find it interesting that some who are so quick to defend Reed on the grounds of difficulties he may or may not have been encountering aren't so quick to acknowledge the difficulties players like RFM or Topine might have been encountering. The rhetoric that those two guys are "weak" is spouted regularly on here and I don't see too many stepping in to defend them. What about @04 Dreaming or @Polly Power's mental health? Should they be constantly abused or have their character attacked because their views aren't popular with a significant portion of the forum's membership?

I get it... some people don't like the constant negativity, and I'm actually making an effort to be less negative, as a general rule. But that's a personal choice. These guys 100 per cent deserve the right to express their opinions without getting personally insulted or having their character questioned. They might have controversial views, but I never see them making things personal with other members.

We are all passionate, in our own way. I hope the day comes when we are all mature enough to meet outside Belmore sports ground and have a big cuddle <3

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
roosters had a shit load of injuries last year and still made it to the 2nd week of finals last season
We beat the roosters that should tell you something, but you can’t compare there roster to ours.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We beat the roosters that should tell you something, but you can’t compare there roster to ours.
we didnt beat the roosters.....
we lost to them by 1 point up at Gosford

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn’t we play them twice?
Or am I thinking of another game?
nope we've only played roosters once for the last few years.

think you're thinking of the 2022 game when we beat them by 4 points

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nope we've only played roosters once for the last few years.

think you're thinking of the 2022 game when we beat them by 4 points
I think that’s probably the game I remembered.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We seriously have people comparing Reed having second thoughts about signing with a struggling footy team to Boyd Corner, who is struggling to find his place in the world after being forced into an early retirement due to multiple head injuries and subsequent neurological damage?

To be honest, I don't see a big problem with Reed's comments. I do think most people would have doubts after realising the enormity of the job in front of them, and the comments seem to be positive on the whole, as he is praising the people around the club who helped him believe in its new direction. But I can also see why some might take issue. It's not the sort of thing you really want to hear from your captain. I mean when people sign on for a public role with a new company, they are expected to show confidence in the brand. I think Reed's comments are ok, because he seems to be showing a lot of confidence now, but I think we also need to respect other interpretations.

There's nothing in Reed's comments to suggest to me he was battling mental health issues, or anything more than just an 'oh, shit, did I make the right career decision?' dilemma (although the possibility can't be ruled out, you never know.) I find it interesting that some who are so quick to defend Reed on the grounds of difficulties he may or may not have been encountering aren't so quick to acknowledge the difficulties players like RFM or Topine might have been encountering. The rhetoric that those two guys are "weak" is spouted regularly on here and I don't see too many stepping in to defend them. What about @04 Dreaming or @Polly Power's mental health? Should they be constantly abused or have their character attacked because their views aren't popular with a significant portion of the forum's membership?

I get it... some people don't like the constant negativity, and I'm actually making an effort to be less negative, as a general rule. But that's a personal choice. These guys 100 per cent deserve the right to express their opinions without getting personally insulted or having their character questioned. They might have controversial views, but I never see them making things personal with other members.

We are all passionate, in our own way. I hope the day comes when we are all mature enough to meet outside Belmore sports ground and have a big cuddle <3
Did you not read the article?… “Meanwhile, players like Boyd Cordner and Paul Gallen led with their actions over their words in premierships victories for the Roosters and Sharks respectively.”… the comparison with Boyd was made because he was a warrior on the field, yet is as venerable as anyone else off it… it’s called a juxtaposition, and was highlighted because Dreaming actually asked for an example… does this not make sense?