Fasolodlskskskaui on burton

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You need to go back and look at the replay. No such thing happened. In fact the first contact between them was Gagai running over to Burton and shoving him over and preventing him from getting back onside.
Go back 1 more play. Burton interfered with him all be it you can tell accidental. It's gagai though. Guys an inbred flop. He had to retaliate. Burton could have let it be though and just moved on. He was getting the penalty anyways

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well then risk copping 10 mins too. You're forgetting this all started when burton knocked over gagai who was supporting the play

When exactly did Burton knock Gagai over? Burton clattered into Ponga who was already on the ground, NOTHING to do with Gagai! Then Gagai comes in from the side with the cheap shove while Burton was looking away!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
That's not the point though. Gagai pushed him for knocking off ponga and he got the exact response he was hoping from burton. Bit of inexperience

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not so simple. Third man in is a hanging offense in the NRL, why was it OK in origin?
It warrants a penalty but not binning.
But as I said, we see different rule interpretations all the time, it’s not like we should be surprised by that.
And it’s not a case of ‘corrupt referees’ as the usual bleaters bang on about. If the ruling was so wrong or changed the course of the game (it didn’t) - why was no-one in commentary or post game analysis referring to any ‘howlers’ with the call that was made?

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's not the point though. Gagai pushed him for knocking off ponga and he got the exact response he was hoping from burton. Bit of inexperience
Well he should've taken it up with Tedesco, then, who actually pushed Ponga over...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry ponga not gagai. That's right.
Yes there was a collision between Burto and Ponga, the front on replay shows it best. Ponga is still prone on the ground from the previous play, Burto is running to get back onside, and his line is to the right of Ponga on the ground. Ponga then springs up and to his right in one motion just as Burto gets to him. They collide.

I agree he could have chosen a different response to Gagai. My initial thought was he wanted to make it clear to the ref that he'd been illegally pushed out of potentially getting back and being involved in defence (make it obvious because the bunker is blind, like hitting the ground after being 'run into' by a decoy runner), but it isn't clear that he could have known that the try was on.

Put it down to youth, the need for experience. Now that this has happened he is in a better position to respond more intelligently next time. It is good for us so long as we keep him in blue and white.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Refs really need to make their mind up. Either its Origin, with different rules hence Gags and Burto don't get binned. Or, its 2022, and Tino should been binned or sent for the careless/reckless/intentional swinging arm that clocked Burto in the 1st half.

And mental note for Klein: if we want a swathe of 6-agains we need to be attacking on the try line in the last couple of minutes before HT...honestly he gives them out like lollies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Klein just another of the either corrupt, or incompetent, or easily swayed by home crowd, refs.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol defending yourself doesn't mean throwing punches too. This isn't life or death. Burton knocked over gagai so gagai did the same thing to him. Burton could have left it at that but he came again. Both deserved 10.

No one gets sent off for throwing punches unless it's a king hit
Lol :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::smilecat::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:I think you’re confused, Burton didn’t knock over gayguy it was ponga,
Gayguy came from the side and blind sided Burton and knocked him to the ground,
Then Burton did what anyone does in NRL push him,
but the grub gayguy punshed him first, that should be a send off.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant. They are mates. It was Origin. Both players traded blows but Burton clearly needs to stop closing his eyes when he throws punches. A drunk would have done better. That being said. Loved that both of them got into it. Revved me up for sure.
Are burton and Gagai mates

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tino is a prick.
Wighton would have cleaned them all up.
The game is over.
These are not the droids you’re looking for.
Move along.

Reactions: mez

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::smilecat::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:I think you’re confused, Burton didn’t knock over gayguy it was ponga,
Gayguy came from the side and blind sided Burton and knocked him to the ground,
Then Burton did what anyone does in NRL push him,
but the grub gayguy punshed him first, that should be a send off.
Tell me one instance where a push has resulted in a send off though? Like come on. 10 in the bin I get it. But send off? Wow

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back 1 more play. Burton interfered with him all be it you can tell accidental. It's gagai though. Guys an inbred flop. He had to retaliate. Burton could have let it be though and just moved on. He was getting the penalty anyways
I was thinking that today. Normally you'd think he would have just taken being pushed over, but one of two reasons why he didn't. 1) It was origin and he/the coach/team mates believe/said you retaliate in origin, or 2) He actually didn't intentionally push Ponga over, so was more pissed off with what Gagai did, because to him there was no reason for it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tell me one instance where a push has resulted in a send off though? Like come on. 10 in the bin I get it. But send off? Wow
Not talking about a push I’m talking about how one player just started punching.
99.9% of fights in the NRL are just pushing but to grab a player and start punching him in the head that’s a send off.
So a serious high tackle would that be 10 in the bin or a send off?
Apparently the NRL is all about players safety,
What would’ve happened if Burton got knocked out?