Fans need results, and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
its abundantly clear, the magority of once loyal fans have completely given up on any success going into the 2017 season,
And rightfully so,
To date nothing coming from the club is filling us with much hope at all.

And on the back of that, it appears nothing the club is doing, is being welcomed by the fans,

Even the Release of our 2017 jersey has by and large been negatively responded,

Even through the Coffs rubbish of 2004 and the 2002 salary cap breach, I think head office was under less preasure from fans.

Even in 2008 when our reign as heavy weights of the competition was completely dead, I think there was less preasure on the head office.

Question is,
What are we, as fans, really seeking from our club in the short term?

What can they possibly do, right now, to get us fans back on board.

It really does feel as though the fans are still loyal to the club colours, but not the individuals of the club, at any level,

The board, coaching staff, players are all by and large in the cross hairs of critisisum from us fans like never before,

I know, I am personally looking for the club to give me something, anything to get excited about heading into the 2017 season,

Could Foran have been that glimmer of hope.

Who knows?

Anyway,
club, please, give us something, anything, to build hope on to?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the 4 straight losses at the end of the season where we were a good chance at top 4 has left many disillusioned.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coachimg gameplan aside I really dont think we had the squad to be a genuine contender in 2016..

And now our squad has stayed pretty much the same for 2017 while other teams that finished below us have improved their roster

Titans, Warriors, Roosters, Souths, Raiders, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks, Storm

Thats already 10 teams with better rosters, some would throw in a few more teams infront of us

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to rebuild the team so I have no expectations anymore.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
it aint happening in the off season skip!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get rid of the coach and CEO and throw some young players in their to build for 2018 and beyond

Ponga wants a 4 yr 2 mill dollar deal
Throw some more at him

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get rid of the coach and CEO and throw some young players in their to build for 2018 and beyond

Throw some more at him

when mbye can ask for 800ks for one year, 500ks for ponga is a bargain.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is clear as day! we are stagnant, we have no vision and we are eating each other on the inside! if we sign Ponga, it will be the biggest coup since letting Thurston go! but there's no way in hell hasler is going to sign him if his going to another club and I bet stmerger will have a bigger chance signing him then us, I wonder where hasler is going?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we have just signed the biggest sponsorship deal in club history

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the team comes out and dominates opposition. Brutal forwards, breathtaking attack (think manly rd1) the fans will come back.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Throw some more at him
Hes worth that and more

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think Des used up all our hope.

For me after 2012 I felt something building and could feel a premiership coming. That will always be a missed opportunity. What we were then subjected to from Des was a gameplan that didn't evolve each year and infact stayed the same. Every year we waited in the off-season to see what tweaks he has done to combat teams and coaches working us out and to stay fresh. Year after year this did not happen....infact nothing at all happened....other than every team worked us out even more, to the point where teams were happy to play us because they didn't have to use their brains to beat us. I think the final straw for fans and me was Des surviving the board meeting but as a final insult Mortimer was out the door!

There is no hope, we have let great players leave while we sign reserve graders, never will-be's and young players who will never see FG. Anything with talent get's kept back due to plodders and end up leaving for other clubs. Our front office lacks the balls to dominate and refuse to support our players. Our players are underperforming, fat, lazy and have no heart. Des is Manly and will never be a Bulldog and either Rae Rae needs to go OR she needs to appoint a head of Footy operations so Des has no power. Does it need to be said that Dibb needs to go ASAP?

People keep saying we need to re-build and I think I agree because we need to cut the cancer out from the source but we haven't won anything so we shouldn't need to rebuild. IMO we are worse off now as a club than before Des came!

The only good thing is our sponsorship news, other than that 2017 is feeling shite and therefor 2018 is firming as shite also.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the difference between 08 and this year was passion and action.

In 08 we simply had a shit roster, but week in week out they put they're heart and souls into the jersey. Made us supporters proud. I'll never forget Maituas interview after we just got smashed by the dragons on a cold wet Monday night, he was shattered. He was pretty much in tears. But he like every player cared. That's why it's annoying these days after a loss you see players laughing and carrying on. Especially after the semi loss to the panthers. Only a small amount of players genuinely care.

Need for change. That year our board made a call on not renewing Folkes contract early on. We realised we needed better players, so they went and bought QUALITY first grade ready players. Hannant, Ennis, Morris, Kimmorley, Stagg, Goodwin, Eastwood. We had a massive clean out when we needed one. We needed a clean out now. We have players that need to be moved on, we need a new playing style, a new coach. But no we stick with the same coach, and sign more reserve graders. When did we last sign a genuine first grade ready player. Literally Williams and Bmoz are the only 2 players that have been first grade quality that Hasler has signed.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really believe des blowing his budget by 1.5million this year on his fucked up training staff is the reason of no big signing,i think the money has already been spent by the master fuckhead des,2017 will be on debt recovery even though the release of perret,browne,williams,rona ext,the club is about profits first and fans last

Caz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tl;dr

How can you expect people to continue reading a post when you hideously butcher the spelling of 'majority' in the first sentence.

Reaction score
Tl;dr

How can you expect people to continue reading a post when you hideously butcher the spelling of 'majority' in the first sentence.
you enjoy belittling people over something as trivial as a spelling error?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tl;dr

To be honest, I don't care if you read it or not.
I been posting on the kennel for a very long time now.
And everyone knows how bad I spell, and accept that's me as an individual.

If my bad spelling puts you off, I'm fine with you not reading my posts,

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are fucked

Tolman needs to go just a stats man seriously I highly doubt he broke a single tackle in the last 2 years
Also has a slow play the ball
Matalino would be great buy

Jmoz and bmoz should both retire this year if we can't find any decent replacements

Hoppa is slow and this Sunday shit has fucked the club
If we keep him I'd want him on the wing and trim down heaps to pick up some speed as he does have a good work rate and is strong

Jackson should go to lock and we need 2 big bustling back rowers who will actually break the line

Mbye needs to take a pay cut or go elsewhere I mean his salary is a joke it's the equivalent of say Cronk Johnson Morgan Milford money and he isn't half as good as any of them

We need big changes if we want to WIN a comp
But if we are just prepared to accept top 8 not much will change
It would be the same as the Yankees in baseball accepting making the finals as we are one of the big clubs in the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.