Opinion Fans need reassurance urgently

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
They have and this clubs taking the piss with their fans.

"Sorry we let you down, come spend your hard earned cash watchnig us get 70 put on his by the Tigers this weekend"

View attachment 9485
20000, turnout, Well ill be fucked, Lucky if there was 15k, did we have a roosters admin count them?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I appreciate all the info you provided.
The new board got elected in I believe February 2018? Around a month before the nrl season was to start? Technically they could have terminated pay, but after just dealing with one sacked coach, to come in and just sack the new coach without giving him at least a chance wouldn’t look to good in their part. Do you not agree?
When you take into account the politics, fence-sitting, vacillation and salary cap issues that surrounded the club around that time, I agree that standing behind Pay's appointment was probably the best decision made for stability and moral building.

Whilst the club is rebuilding, one expects a couple of trying seasons, unless brown paper bags are introduced into the equation.
The question is "how are we faring against the plan ?" Only the board and coaching staff know the answer.
We will get a better insight to this answer, when, or if Pay's contract is finalized mid to late this year.

As Robert Louis Stevenson once quoted "Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant".
So let's hope that whilst our current results are poor, Pay's direction will reap future rewards.

Bulldogs Forever.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you as a fan are by any means surprised at these results, then you would want your head read.
It's clear to anyone with half a footballing brain that we are a team who is trying to re-build itself after it was torn apart by Hasler, Dib and Castle.

Sorry, but you don't need a footballing brain to gauge passion. Or commitment. Or to bleed Blue & White. To die knowing you left everything on the park.
Name one of the current 17 that has shown ANY inclination to go down fighting over 80 minutes in the past fortnight. If hips on hands behind your own try line is a sign of defiance, then I'm fucked. 13 times and counting so far.
Where's the rev up Who's linking arms behind the sticks and ramming the complacence up their collective arses??
I don't give two rats that we're getting pasted. You're right: it would be crazy to think that we could compete this year. Got that and the rebuilding phase shit.
What I NEVER expected is that we'd wave the fucking flag after leading 10-0 on Sunday. The plan just evaporated. Everyone went into their shell.
This tells me two things:
*Pay's fitness regime: if the first 10 minutes of the Parra game are any indication, then the coach is pouring everything into an early, kamikaze-style blitz and then falling back to a holding pattern. That only worked when we had a rotatable forwards bench.
*Mercenary: Using the Game of Thrones analogy, we have the 'Golden Company'. A bunch of individual mercenaries who've either can't cut it in First Grade or are just cashing in while they explore their options

Pay is gone. How do teams recover from back-to-back shellackings? We aren't Brisbane. We don't have the roster nor talent pool that they draw on. And salary cap concessions.
What we do have is 17 individuals roaming aimlessly on the park without fire, direction, club commitment or desire. Most of whom are now probably in talks with their managers about their 'options'
Pan all this if you will; I love Jacko but he was thrust into the leadership of a listing hull at the time. It's worn him down.
What was already a cap rout somehow darkened when we got rid of Woods. His best mate, Klemmer, lost his passion for the club from there.
Andrew Hill may be a fine CEO but he knows fuck-all about bleeding Blue & White. His lack of a plausible explanation about why the kid who used to sleep in Dog pyjamas and under Dog-embroidered quilts would suddenly change his allegiance.
The back office may be frantically beavering away on our long-term solution but who the fuck would know?

The team is performing exactly how it should perform .[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it last year and I'll repeat it again this year. The board need's to get serious about the club's future and throw the bank at a very experienced coach that will come supported with tested personnel ( trainers,scouts ect ). Persisting with this softly-softly, wait and see approach is not good enough. Our situation is specialized and too big a task for a rookie coach with only reserve grade experience.

We voted the old board out because the new board promised they would address ALL our issues. Employing Pay was their call. Rebuilding our team is their responsibility.
I speak on behalf of a lot of die hard Bulldogs supporters who are sick of continuous empty political promises and finger pointing. They need to bite the bullet and make some major structural changes and show that they are serious about making our club competitive again.

We are slowly becoming a feeder club and a club full of unwanted fringe first graders trying to rekindle their career.
Pay was approved by the old board, not this one

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way dogs are relocating.
Money will attract any player.
True money is a great incentive, however location is also a great incentive. Lets face it in this day and age Belmore / Canterbury / Bankstown and surrounding areas isn't the most attractive place to to be based, even if it is just for training etc.
The demographic and ethnicity of the area maybe an issue.