Fan's emotional letter says Bulldogs' family is falling apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGGiE4Ya

Waterboy
Reaction score
BULLDOGS boss Todd Greenberg has been forced into a meeting with an alarmed Bulldogs supporter to discuss the club’s disappointing season.

With the under-siege club still deciding on the future of coach Kevin Moore, Canterbury fan Anna Barwell wrote an emotional open letter to Bulldogs chief executive Greenberg asking for an explanation.

Barwell, who lives in Wollongong, said in the letter on Bulldogs fans forum website bulldogsarmy.com, fans are losing interest in the dispirited performances of players.

“For reasons I can’t comprehend, it feels as though it all matters more to us than it does to the guys on the field,” Barwell wrote.

“It feels as though all the heart and pride that came from being a Bulldog has been drained from our team.

“Why don’t they feel the same way? Is it because they don’t care? Is it because we’ve bought so many players since that they simply don’t get it because they weren’t there?

“I spend a lot of my time talking Bulldogs with a lot of passionate supporters. The common theme arising from our conversations is that we can’t identify with our team anymore. The Bulldogs were once synonymous with aggression, pride and strength in the face of adversity.”

Greenberg this afternoon agreed on Twitter to a meeting with the Bulldogs fan.

“I'll make contact with Anna later today & offer an opportunity to meet face to face to talk through the issues,” Greenberg tweeted.

The club’s woes could only be beginning, with a loss against the Storm in Adelaide expected to bring the blade down on Moore’s coaching tenure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/fans-emotive-letter-says-bulldogs-family-is-falling-apart/story-e6frexnr-1226090824585

Last edited by a moderator:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its already been posted.

This was written at 4pm. Most of us are at work during that time looking at dogs updates every second of the day. Unless you post it literally less than 1 second after the article went out its old news.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As if anything would come out of the meeting, it would be like talking to a politician and getting a straight answer IMO.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
hope we get answers soon....very interested to see how the club reacts

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
"BULLDOGS boss Todd Greenberg has been forced into a meeting with an alarmed Bulldogs supporter to discuss the club’s disappointing season.

With the under-siege club still deciding on the future of coach Kevin Moore, Canterbury fan Anna Barwell wrote an emotional open letter to Bulldogs chief executive Greenberg asking for an explanation.

Barwell, who lives in Wollongong, said in the letter on Bulldogs fans forum website bulldogsarmy.com, fans are losing interest in the dispirited performances of players.

“For reasons I can’t comprehend, it feels as though it all matters more to us than it does to the guys on the field,” Barwell wrote.

“It feels as though all the heart and pride that came from being a Bulldog has been drained from our team.

“Why don’t they feel the same way? Is it because they don’t care? Is it because we’ve bought so many players since that they simply don’t get it because they weren’t there?

“I spend a lot of my time talking Bulldogs with a lot of passionate supporters. The common theme arising from our conversations is that we can’t identify with our team anymore. The Bulldogs were once synonymous with aggression, pride and strength in the face of adversity.”

Greenberg this afternoon agreed on Twitter to a meeting with the Bulldogs fan.

“I'll make contact with Anna later today & offer an opportunity to meet face to face to talk through the issues,” Greenberg tweeted.

The club’s woes could only be beginning, with a loss against the Storm in Adelaide expected to bring the blade down on Moore’s coaching tenure."

We have no hope of beating Melbourne with Ennis in the team and even less without him.

If it is another loss we have to suffer to get rid of a coach who may have been OK at NSW Cup level but is way out of his depth in the NRL, then that's the way it is.

Please may the blade come down on Moore's coaching tenure. For the sake of my happiness, please.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It shouldn't be greenburg talking through the issues, it should be some players and coaching staff telling the fans why they aren't turning up week after week. Greenburg runs the business, the players and coaching staff are to blame.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i'd be surprised if he lets anything new out of the bag

it's not the nice guy policy that's affecting the club by the way. it's a number of things and circumstances, but that has nothing to do with it

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
bump,
any update on this

Has Greenberg had his meeting with this fan yet?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
22nd July.
After we are out of the 8, and have no chance to make it!

Greenburg will say..."Next year will be better, it's all over now....no more pain! Here, have some Kleenex!"

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Todd writing an open letter to the supporters or perhaps Anna will tell us all what's going on

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
How about Todd writing an open letter to the supporters or perhaps Anna will tell us all what's going on
What a great idea but in saying that what would we as BULLDOGS supporters expect, i believe nothing but drivel, i am not having a shot at TG but like someone else said
it would be like talking to a polly or a car salesman.WE as SUPPORTERS deserve a lot better than what we are getting, I too am from wollongong & travel to ANZ every home game
with my son who is as passionate a supporter as i am. Maybe it's about time ALL the paying Members got some sort of reimbersment of some descrption for having to put up with
the garbage we have to put up with week in & week out. It is obvious that most of the players have NO PRIDE in the GREAT BULLDOGS jumper nor it's history.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who thinks the NRL should take some blame here i believe the whole Salary cap and structure around it is pathetic and ruining the game. Think about this in regards to Idris was going great guns just before his contract signiture and now seems to go missing after doing one or two great things during the game how can you coach that. If Moore said mate pull your finger out Idris could just say what are you going to do about it im out of here anyway. All these mid season transfers and discussion have a massive effect on clubs and players alike and take away from what there actually here to do which is play football.

I think we need a cap but we need to employ a draft system it will ensure players off contract players play well to the end of the year in the hope they will get redrafted at the end of it. Fact of the matter is for attendance and membership the AFL embarras us however we beat them in TV ratings umm hello doesnt that show you something. Because of the draft system no one can pick up and leave and most of the stars remain in the clubs they were produced at. Which means supporters and members alike can identify with a team which ultimately makes them more tribal. Ultimately more memebers more money. Im also sick of hearing that clubs in the NRL cant afford things and we die under a higher cap well good riddance if you cant play with the big boys than you shouldnt be in the big boys playground.

Fact of the matter is i think Anna's letter was heartfelt and exactly what i have felt all year i honestly dont care if they lose as long as they give it everything they have got. When the game is over i hate the whole smiles and discussions with the opposition players thats terrible where is the dissapointment and heartache which if you go back to 95 we came 7th and lost as many as we won but put in every game and ended winning the gf didnt matter which game win or loss they came off exhausted and could barely raise there arms. Gallop and the NRL are destroying rugby league its simply the high standard of players that is keeping it motoring.

The reality here is most of the squad arent Bulldogs they dont play as a team and they dont play with heart. You can tell they are low on confidence but then at times see there brilliance ie against Parra down 16- 0 and then to come back and they came back because they went against the Kevin Moore game plan. Moore doesnt seem to be a Man Manager like Bennett or Bellamy who make very personal realtionships with players and then coach them which creates more respect, Harmony and better results. Moore had a honeymoon period in 09 and honestly since the tigers thrashed us and we didnt get the minor premiership we have gone backwards badly

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we've had the emotional letter. now we need the emotional video. i will donate my kennel cash to anyone who dons some eyeliner and cries while saying "Leave Kevin alone!"

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
we've had the emotional letter. now we need the emotional video. i will donate my kennel cash to anyone who dons some eyeliner and cries while saying "Leave Kevin alone!"
Rami was born to do that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.