News Fanafou Seve signs 3 year Development + Top 30 deal

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Small highlight package, from first impressions looks like he is a real beast with footwork. Still a long way to go until first grade looks to be on the right track though. Seems we have a lot of our young forwards with real good potential seem to be in Harold mats and sg bal so In 2-4 years if everything goes right and they continue to develop we have some real good forwards in our pack.
Yeah he's going to be a goodn!
Im glad we've locked him in,hopefully injury free next year.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he's going to be a goodn!
Im glad we've locked him in,hopefully injury free next year.
I’m pretty sure he has a brother also who was impressive too unless I’m thinking of someone else

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looks a big boy. Assume he was terrorising kids at junior level. The colts are producing some first grade talent of late, good to see. Wonder why as opposed to the other clubs. Being an ex colt makes me very proud

Cause many quality boys from the other junior clubs have had blocks and politics get in the way in their development pathway and clubs like St George, Cronulla, Parramatta , South's , balmain etc have taken them..

Canterbury have lost many quality juniors for many years now...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any possibility of him transitioning into some sort of a utility ? :tearsofjoy:
The plan is to switch him between lock second row and prop in his first game. He's a utility then. I've heard Ciraldo plans to start every player somewhere they haven't played before. If you can't buy all the utilities, turn them all into utilities.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cause many quality boys from the other junior clubs have had blocks and politics get in the way in their development pathway and clubs like St George, Cronulla, Parramatta , South's , balmain etc have taken them..

Canterbury have lost many quality juniors for many years now...
Not sure if this is the same situation but St George have just re-signed and upgraded Cyrus Stanley who was in our system and left. Seems to be rated by them at least.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the same situation but St George have just re-signed and upgraded Cyrus Stanley who was in our system and left. Seems to be rated by them at least.
Saw one of his games last season - he was very dominant with the ball - played second row that game - if that dominant each week he will be good for St George

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The plan is to switch him between lock second row and prop in his first game. He's a utility then. I've heard Ciraldo plans to start every player somewhere they haven't played before. If you can't buy all the utilities, turn them all into utilities.
Interesting,I've heard Ciraldo intends to use a "lucky dip" system to decide positions. The best 17 trainers each pull a number out of a hat,each number representing the jersey/position they will play in. 18th man(the ultimate utility)will be decided by a royal rumble between the remaining players.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He went to St George a few years back. His brother Kyle was running development, recruitment for St G so he was always going.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting,I've heard Ciraldo intends to use a "lucky dip" system to decide positions. The best 17 trainers each pull a number out of a hat,each number representing the jersey/position they will play in. 18th man(the ultimate utility)will be decided by a royal rumble between the remaining players.
Everybody knows musical chairs combined with royal rumble is the best way to pick a team. The Top 30 squad wrestle whilst a song plays, when the song stops, they bolt and get a chair with a number on it. That's how wayne bennett does it

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he nothing special, if it wasnt for his family connections in the dragons he wouldnt even be there

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everybody knows musical chairs combined with royal rumble is the best way to pick a team. The Top 30 squad wrestle whilst a song plays, when the song stops, they bolt and get a chair with a number on it. That's how wayne bennett does it
So you're just confirming the rumour I heard about the big fiasco this year. Perham, being Ciro's fave, gets to keep his own fold up chair in his locker. The initial wrestling stage is where it is most helpful. Anyone who's watched pro wrestling EVER knows what a deadly weapon they are in a wrestling contest.

Anyway. Whatsisname came to training late. He was jealous of Perhams chair and stole it while everyone else was out on the paddock. Ciraldo recognised Perhams special chair when the wrestling started and whatsisname copped extra wrestling like we've all heard once or five hundred times via the media.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah younger brother apparently and is supposed to be better!
Early days but what i have seen of his brother this year, he looks very special
Id like too him miss matts and play ball this year

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say he'll play a mixture of both. But I agree It would be good to see him progress with the rest of the Matts team from last year.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will he turn out a bit more “special” than the young hooker you predicted was going the be the next Harry Grant but lasted 5 minutes at the club. And comparing one of the brothers to SBW is that an “uneducated” guess or have you confused them with the fanu brothers again.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Gus will do what he did last year and introduce players to the grade above for their development.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will he turn out a bit more “special” than the young hooker you predicted was going the be the next Harry Grant but lasted 5 minutes at the club. And comparing one of the brothers to SBW is that an “uneducated” guess or have you confused them with the fanu brothers again.
Comparing any young player coming through to SBW is unfair. The **** fckd us over but if he stayed in league would be in the immortal conversation IMO. Generational talent