Faitala-Mariner thread

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably missed it cause my eyes are fuzzy ATM from my diabetes. (Dry eyes)

70 is my IQ, which it quite high for being a member on here.
Most Broncos supporters have two heads though, so that’s an IQ of 35 per head, it’s hardly fair Gene ;) JK:tearsofjoy:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad cant even make it past the first line of u Gus cucks responses. ‘1 or 2’ hmm?
Kikau, overpaid underdeliver
Mahoney, overpaid underdeliver
Pele, shit
Perham, awful
Sutton, 500k we paying him plays like dog shit
Davey, lol
Oluapu, 500k transfer fee and 300k per yr rookie who we already decided hes not a half
Quai-Ward, lol
Knight, shit
Sexton, mediocrity
Nu Brown, awful

And u can set ur watch to the following 2024 signings being horrific - Taukoeaho, Turpin, Pooasa, Salmon etc. Crichton will also prove to be overpaid and useless to our cause
Pele, Davey, Quai-Ward and Brown didn't even see out their contracts. No one questioned.
Sutton being shopped around.
Sexton went well first 3 games didn't matter club trying to get Luai.
Has Mahoney proven better than JMK who also didn't see out his contract.

I ask those who have the blind faith as there's too many probably multi accounts.

Why are there so many poor signings and so many players released before contract?
When does accountability start to take place?
Should Gould's role be more defined and more specific instead of being in charge of everything?

NRL, Retention and Recruitment not working.

What about the misses? Hunt, Tino, Haas, AFB, Leinu, Twal, Sele, etc.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele, Davey, Quai-Ward and Brown didn't even see out their contracts. No one questioned.

I ask those who have the blind faith as there's too many probably multi accounts.

Why are there so many poor signings and so many players released before contract?
Should Gould's role be more defined and more specific instead of being in charge of everything?

You have a very strong agenda for someone who just joined a week ago. You should probably ride with your training wheels on for a while.. you’re not quite ready to take them off yet

Malla

Reaction score

This is how Gus operates. Makes a bunch of 1-2 year bottom/mid-tier signings year to year to keep the team as competitive as possible. Every now and again, he will uncover a diamond in the tough (Preston last year for example). He's way more focus on junior development and pathways into first grade. I don't think we will see the fruits of Gus' labor until the Flegg boys from winning the comp this year develop into first grade which could take half a decade.

As a fan, its frustrating to watch when we just want wins now.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says the bloke that tries to line up fights in pms knowing nothing will happen :tearsofjoy: But you keep peddling champ:D
Please don’t murder me man, tell your family who “bury” their problems to not murder me please man !!!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is how Gus operates. Makes a bunch of 1-2 year bottom/mid-tier signings year to year to keep the team as competitive as possible. Every now and again, he will uncover a diamond in the tough (Preston last year for example). He's way more focus on junior development and pathways into first grade. I don't think we will see the fruits of Gus' labor until the Flegg boys from winning the comp this year develop into first grade which could take half a decade.

As a fan, its frustrating to watch when we just want wins now.
There’s also the key point all teams are guilty of“dud” purchases, releasing players in contracted periods and trying to unearth that “bargain buy” in managing the cap… but Polly wants an 04 Dreaming cracker continue to isolate our club (whom they supposedly support)…destabilising and elections folks.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s also the key point all teams are guilty of“dud” purchases, releasing players in contracted periods and trying to unearth that “bargain buy” in managing the cap… but Polly wants an 04 Dreaming cracker continue to isolate our club (whom they supposedly support)…destabilising and elections folks.
Polly is a cracker…

Malla

Reaction score
Agreed. Can't see any big signings happening unless it is via a trade or negotiate with currently contracted player where some of his salary is paid. Moses could have easily been a Bulldog if Gus was willing to pay upwards of 1.3mil. On face value it would have been a huge signing but I think the smart thing was not to go for it because of the downstream impacts on the rest of the roster from grade down to flegg.