News Faitala-Mariner opens up on difficult season, clears the air on exactly what happened during training drama

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Because I was told in confidence and from what I hear, it could be legally sensitive, fam. I gave my word to the person who gave me the info that I would not publicly share it.
So I was ‘lied to’ or ‘lying’ about a conversation with a director but everyone just believes this. Onya flappy gums, sounds like ducking and weaving to me :-).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
RFM just needs to do the talking on the field. If he came out and caught fire at the start of next year, after a few rounds everyone will love him again and he will be cemented in the side. If not, its all on him.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because I was told in confidence and from what I hear, it could be legally sensitive, fam. I gave my word to the person who gave me the info that I would not publicly share it.
If it’s legal sensitive why is RFM talking to the media?
He’s telling his side of the story and if it goes to court, he fucks himself by what he said to the media.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2nd confession by RFM and you are still in denial.

Right and the Players Association came in saved the day.

Thats why Clint Newton has had his face everywhere telling anyone who will listen how he got one over Gould and that all CEOs should be scared of him.

And his first confession to Rothfield was all made up because Drunkfield owed Gus a favour. Is that why RFMs Manager is chasing the Telegraph for a retraction?

Actually you know what happened, Gould and Ciraldo hired a psychic and brainwashed him into believing that none of it really happened.

Or that isn't RFM, It is an alien who was hired by Gould to take RFM's face and pretend it was his fault to smear his rep.

Sometimes @Flanagun if it walks like a duck, and , it quacks like a duck and it confesses like a duck it is just a F@#King duck.
He didn't have to brainwash him...all he had to do was offer him a clean slate, in exchange for some positive PR to get the club out from under the microscope. I'd imagine RFM wants to be playing footy, he doesn't want to be sitting at home collecting a pay cheque, or treated like a pariah at his own club. (I also believe he legitimately cares for the club and regrets not keeping it in house. Probably a bit naive on his part.

I haven't heard anything about RFM's manager asking for a retraction.... but he publicly and openly commented on the matter at the time, so I can't imagine what he might want retracted. He'd have every right to be pissed at Buzz for publicly naming RFM, if he spoke under condition of anonymity, though. I also can't imagine he would just take the media's word for something like that without having received direct communication from the club.

Can you explain to me what the club could possibly say to RFM that might lead to him incorrectly believing he is not welcome at training? Because that seems to be what he did believe at one point...and I sincerely doubt it was just put into his head by a journo. I can't imagine any words that would make a player feel they aren't welcome at training, except "don't come to training".

You honestly believe RFM just missed training for some other reason to spark the whole story, but neither he or his manager thought to check the situation with the club before the latter spoke publicly, despite knowing he had a legitimate reason to not be at training on the day?

I don't know where your duck analogy fits in, because there are plenty of aspects of this story that need to be clarified, IMO.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m gonna make a prediction
RFM is gonna try do his talking on the field and he is gonna get snapped in half and be injured for most of the year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If it’s legal sensitive why is RFM talking to the media?
He’s telling his side of the story and if it goes to court, he fucks himself by what he said to the media.
The RFM situation and the Topine situation are completely different.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM just needs to do the talking on the field. If he came out and caught fire at the start of next year, after a few rounds everyone will love him again and he will be cemented in the side. If not, its all on him.
100% all he needs to do is play well and most fans will support him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So I was ‘lied to’ or ‘lying’ about a conversation with a director but everyone just believes this. Onya flappy gums, sounds like ducking and weaving to me :-).
I'm not saying everyone has to believe it. All I'm saying is I believe it, personally.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But you’re talking about RFM
Two different issues. Re RFM I'm expressing a level of incredulity at how dramatically the narrative has shifted and saying I see things that don't add up

But @Heckler was asking what I have heard about Topine... which I am not in a position to divulge. I can't even be 100 per cent sure it's true. But I trust the source and what I was told convinced me.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to move on. Shame some of the clown posters can’t do the same. No doubt a somewhat scripted version of events but full marks to RFM for owning his part in the cluster.
Hopefully he stays fit and delivers on the field. Reality is we need him to perform. We are light on for big bodies and experience. Good luck to him.