Everyone just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SIMPLY LOL reality is this buddy
1. WE LITERALLY OWN MELBOURNE
2. Last time we played Brisbane which was in Brisbane we beat them not only did we beat them we did it down a hooker after 20 mins
3. The cowboys beat us in Townsville in the final few minutes we were without 7 regular first graders and cowboys were at full strength

reality setting in ...................

cowboys and Broncos have nothing to worry about, they've proven how they can perform with their players back....... CORRECT also proved they CANT win without them and struggle against even the worst teams

Reality coming on strong........

We sit in 5th on win behind cowboys 2 wins off first ahhhhhh Reality

When it hits you, it literally smacks you in the mouth
Reality? you mean when we won 13 games and 11 losses in 2013, 13 games and 11 losses in 2014, 14 games and 12 losses in 2015.

I think you're a little delusional, but I'm more then happy to be proven wrong at seasons end, I guess we will see what happens?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reality? you mean when we won 13 games and 11 losses in 2013, 13 games and 11 losses in 2014, 14 games and 12 losses in 2015.

I think you're a little delusional, but I'm more then happy to be proven wrong at seasons end, I guess we will see what happens?
Conveniently forgot about 2012????your better than that

2012 Made GF saved worst game for it unstoppable before it
2013 Barba issue played in semis
2014 Played in GF again if Ennis plays we win
2015 We make second week of semi's injuries crippled us

Alas being a bulldogs fan

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
who cares if we own storm for the next 20 fucking years. they beat us in the only game that matters

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Conveniently forgot about 2012????your better than that

2012 Made GF saved worst game for it unstoppable before it
2013 Barba issue played in semis
2014 Played in GF again if Ennis plays we win
2015 We make second week of semi's injuries crippled us

Alas being a bulldogs fan
2012 was 4 years ago, the rules have changed and we don't have Barba who was in a once in a life time form.

Every year since then its been the same like ground hog day and I haven't seen anything this year that makes me believe we'll do any better than previous years.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2012 was 4 years ago, the rules have changed and we don't have Barba who was in a once in a life time form.

Every year since then its been the same like ground hog day and I haven't seen anything this year that makes me believe we'll do any better than previous years.
Maybe your too jaded through disappointment to see it but trust me this is our year injury permitting

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe your too jaded through disappointment to see it but trust me this is our year injury permitting
I hope you're right but I don't see it. I've got us finishing on 30-32 points and finishing 6th or 5th and then winning the first finals game and then losing the following week.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you map the other teams? When you do that it might change your mind

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I expected Canberra to win just by being to good at home and us missing a few players but Canberra were shit and that was a poor performance.
I think credit has to go to our boys for contributing to the Raiders poor 1st half performance. We slowed down their ruck speed, tackled in numbers, kicked well and attacked with some freedom and a good plan behind it.. I just think we were gassed towards the back end. Honourable mentions to young Smith who handled himself well in light of the circumstances, Beastwood who stood up as a Senior player, Tolman and Graham for playing 80mins and Elliott for that try saver..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think credit has to go to our boys for contributing to the Raiders poor 1st half performance. We slowed down their ruck speed, tackled in numbers, kicked well and attacked with some freedom and a good plan behind it.. I just think we were gassed towards the back end. Honourable mentions to young Smith who handled himself well in light of the circumstances, Beastwood who stood up as a Senior player, Tolman and Graham for playing 80mins and Elliott for that try saver..
But that's our problem we aren't an 80 minute football team, you can only get so far by winning games in the first half. This happens whether we are full strength or have players missing we've always struggled in the 2nd half of matches.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the confidence you have in the team for a GF this year. What you say is right; Reynolds in particular has matured and is playing a thinking game. What concerns me is the way teams like Parramatta and Raiders can hit us with a bombardment of attack, and we eventually capitulate in the last minutes when it's too late to fight back. Yes, we have held onto a few extra time wins; but they should've been closed out before full time. I said last week that the Raiders game would be an indication of how much we want to win this year. Cronulla will be a bigger litmus test. How we handle their attacking halves, fast backline and strong forwards will make up my mind, and the team's mind too, I reckon.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to chill the fuck out
We were the better team for 60 minutes
It wasn't an issue of closing out the game we got tired & lacked go forward, Kas was a huge reason for it as he usually saves our ass in the last 20 by getting us going forward when Graham and Tolman start to tire

7 players have had between 0-20 first grade games
RFM
Garvery
Smith
Holland
Phillips
Elliot
Fualo

Our bench other than Kasiano was so new to first grade it wasn't even funny

Of course they ran out of puff you don't see young players come out and have huge motors and dominate in the forwards it takes years before they get used to the pace of the game

We picked the best possible team

Some blokes need a while before they are up to first grade week in and week out
Elliot
Garvey
Phillips
Holland

All looked spooked

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We have the Sharks next week and hopefully a full strength team this will determine if we are a threat to this competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.