Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread but hey everyone else is doing it

Just had to vent my disappointment in the club, I was hoping they would stick to their guns and not release Barba unless we had another top line player or a very very good deal with the Broncos, unfortunately neither of these two things have happened, we have bent over and taken it with a smile!

Why is it that our club that we live and breathe and spend our hard earned supporting comes down harder on its supporters than it does on its players? every time there is a whisper, rumour or media beat up to sell papers about our supports behaviour our club is straight in the media promising tough crack downs and tighter security.....you go to a game these days you cant show any emotion for fear of a security guard coming up to you, you cant enjoy the game like we once could because of the colours we wear, its a 3 1/2 hour drive for me to get to the dogs game and I wish I could enjoy it

We the supporters went through the Coffs scandal with the club, we the supporters copped the abuse from complete strangers while out with our kids if we had anything dogs on but we stuck by them, we went through it with the salary cap scandal as well and again we stuck by them

We stuck by them when crowd favourites have walked out the door SBW hopped on a plain in the dead of night we were getting hammered weekly that year as well and will stuck tight, Mason jumped ship to the roosters throw those afro wigs out guys! then there was also this skinny little kid we'd watch come up and eventually crack the first grade squad, a future champion we'd been told! no sooner had we won the premiership and he was off out the door to become a cowboys, QLD & Australian great, then we signed a top line prop that looked a little like a polar bear that we grew to love........then no sooner had he turned up then he was released to the broncos for 1500 seats (not bad for an origin & Australian prop!)

Along came Benny Barba tearing up the under 20's Toyota cup, we drooled and what might happen when he got a shot....but when he did he came and went in the blink of an eye, the Dally M winner, the Face of the game, the total basis of our attack, this kid that carried our hopes and dreams of seeing the dogs doing that victory lap, he turned up on Sterlo's show and smirked and laughed then kick dirt in our face

And what did our much loved club do to this kid that showed no respect for this club we love and our way of life?..........they patted him on the back and said now benny of to the broncos you can go, then they turned and limped off with a giant ice pack firmly held on their arse crack!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread but hey everyone else is doing it

Just had to vent my disappointment in the club, I was hoping they would stick to their guns and not release Barba unless we had another top line player or a very very good deal with the Broncos, unfortunately neither of these two things have happened, we have bent over and taken it with a smile!

Why is it that our club that we live and breathe and spend our hard earned supporting comes down harder on its supporters than it does on its players? every time there is a whisper, rumour or media beat up to sell papers about our supports behaviour our club is straight in the media promising tough crack downs and tighter security.....you go to a game these days you cant show any emotion for fear of a security guard coming up to you, you cant enjoy the game like we once could because of the colours we wear, its a 3 1/2 hour drive for me to get to the dogs game and I wish I could enjoy it

We the supporters went through the Coffs scandal with the club, we the supporters copped the abuse from complete strangers while out with our kids if we had anything dogs on but we stuck by them, we went through it with the salary cap scandal as well and again we stuck by them

We stuck by them when crowd favourites have walked out the door SBW hopped on a plain in the dead of night we were getting hammered weekly that year as well and will stuck tight, Mason jumped ship to the roosters throw those afro wigs out guys! then there was also this skinny little kid we'd watch come up and eventually crack the first grade squad, a future champion we'd been told! no sooner had we won the premiership and he was off out the door to become a cowboys, QLD & Australian great, then we signed a top line prop that looked a little like a polar bear that we grew to love........then no sooner had he turned up then he was released to the broncos for 1500 seats (not bad for an origin & Australian prop!)

Along came Benny Barba tearing up the under 20's Toyota cup, we drooled and what might happen when he got a shot....but when he did he came and went in the blink of an eye, the Dally M winner, the Face of the game, the total basis of our attack, this kid that carried our hopes and dreams of seeing the dogs doing that victory lap, he turned up on Sterlo's show and smirked and laughed then kick dirt in our face

And what did our much loved club do to this kid that showed no respect for this club we love and our way of life?..........they patted him on the back and said now benny of to the broncos you can go, then they turned and limped off with a giant ice pack firmly held on their arse crack!!
Mate I am with you with every single word.

the club has gone soft , thats what has happened.

It has gone so piss weak that it is becoming a joke!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You don't know the club has gone soft.

Perhaps they have an ace up their sleeve that they are unable to announce just yet.

Theres no way they'd let Barba go without someone elses signature on paper who isn't an f'wit.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This shit would have not flown if bullfrog was still ceo may he rest in peace, true leader

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Perhaps they have an ace up their sleeve that they are unable to announce just yet.

Theres no way they'd let Barba go without someone elses signature on paper who isn't an f'wit.
Maybe mr I, but we both know from our talks ages ago that Barba was out the door, plus I think what he is trying to say is only a matter of eight years we have lost a host of world class players and for us fans there has to be some sort of a stronger stance from the club.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed .. what upsets me the most is the Broncos have a whole city to bring up juniors but yet they tend to not sign the right ones and when other clubs do and help develop them boom the Broncos takes them away ... this just feels like 08 again when SBW walked out on us the feeling I had then is the same I had when I heard about Barba ... not sure if I want to see him play anymore games for us after all that his done to us this year and after all the club has done to help him ...!

Also Barba might not earn more money on paper with the Broncos until 2015 BUt 3rd party deals will certainly mean he will be on masive money next year .. is that justice? I still wonder why they would move to Brisbane if his ex wants to be closer to family ... Mackay is where they have immediate family ...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Mate its not about what club has got for replacement or not.

Its how we have let go 4 of our Marquee players mid contract is upsetting and to me the club hasnt done anything to stop from that happening..... I can assure you this wont be the last time a player will seek a release mid contract if club keeps the same piss weak approach on how to handle these situations.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Player power is at a peak due to the professional era. Some people just don't understand.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish they would of just paid him his 3-350k a year and let him live in brisbane. Its not like we need the money, we are the richest club in nsw. Just pretend as though he had a season ending in rnd 1 called scumbagitis!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we dont have an "ace" up our sleeve i will think very long and hard before i renew my membership. If footy is a busines then i cant see any succesful busn letting its star salesperson/marketing guru leave without an equal or better replacement ready to go!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Willie mason let go- came back and bit us on the us in grudge match.
Sbw walks out- comes back and kills us 35-0 and plays halfbk in 2nd game for another win.
Scumbag barba released- will come back an tear us a new arsehole the next tym we play brisb.
Just saying we dont have too good of a record against newly departed enemies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Enough is enough? Yeah I agree. One too many Barba release threads.... Enough is enough.

I know you mentioned the numerous other threads and I don't b!tch about people posting threads anyway. Life's too short, only mucking around...

You aren't supporting wests tigers, poorramatta or Cronulla so smile... Life ain't so bad. :p

Topdog30

Waterboy
Reaction score
I find it very poor that the fans r not addressed by the CEO on the situation. I'm fukin fuming over this whole issue.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know they did the contract transfer thing to try and show that he didn't leave for money but the only thing this benefits is the Broncos. They must be so happy getting Barba for $350k for two seasons on their Salary cap. I would have preferred saying they can have him but he has to go on their cap for a minimum $650. At least that would have forced them to shed players. They are laughing right now.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
p.s imagine they get Milford on a similar thing. Transfer contract at say $150k. They would have just signed to of the best attacking players for $500k, not bad for them. They'll still have space to take some more of other clubs players too.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that we had someone else lined up. I thought it was Folau but that appears to be wrong. The other names mentioned are Hayne, Moltzen, Locke and now Ferguson.

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score

The club was never going to keep him for next year so they had to let him go sooner or later. The fact there is no other signing announcement yet sort of disproves your point.
So what yr saying is if the board could not sign anyone barba would not be released? Ever?

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
It's time to move on people , it's done , it's over with... get over it and support the great players we have that want to play for our club ! seriously if Barba doesn't want to be here and if rumours are correct that most of the team don't want him there then this is best for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.