Ennis and Farah to BOTH make Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Gidley over Patten? Pfft cmon that's hilarious selectors.
lol sorry, but Gidley is a much better player than patten, in fact gidley is one of the best players in the nrl, Patten is not even close to that level, he's a terrific fullback and always has been but Gidley is better and only a blind Luke Patten fan would think otherwise lol.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the big question here is can either of these boys move smith out of the Australian jumper ?

There's no doubt skill is not a factor as these guys play awesome, but Smith is only like 25 (he looks 35, go shave you grub) and is next in line for the aging Lockyer for Australian captaincy.

IMO it looks like Smith is automatic selection for the next 5 years, but we were all saying that about Buderus. One game out (to see the birth of his baby) and he lost his test jumper forever. I guess the same could happen here.....

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
why does everyone have campese in their team? raiders are going sh1thouse this season.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why does everyone have campese in their team? raiders are going sh1thouse this season.
Because he is an absolute gun, and without him they'd be getting a hiding to nothing every single week?

Any team in the NRL would be chomping at the bit to get him signed onto their team if they could.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if Ennis gets picked for NSW, who will play hooker for us. I know Roberts has been playing pretty well at 5/8, but during origin I would like to see him at hooker and Barba at 5/8. I really don't want to see that nim-rod Sullivan.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if Ennis gets picked for NSW, who will play hooker for us. I know Roberts has been playing pretty well at 5/8, but during origin I would like to see him at hooker and Barba at 5/8. I really don't want to see that nim-rod Sullivan.
Barba at 5/8 would kill us

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like roberts 9 and barba 6 too, but i dont think barba is a 80min player. hes very explosive but he hasnt played 80 for us ever yet has he (in FG - i know he has previously in lower grades.)? I think moore sees him as more of a bench player at the moment as hes still very raw.

due to this, i think its very unlikely we will see this combo. moore is likely to play sullivan, much to most of our regret.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, on that.. i think moore would rather change the team as little as possible if ennis has to go. sullivan is a hooker by trade these days. roberts isnt known for it at all. barba is very raw and still unproven in FG. so i find it hard to believe he will choose these 2 over sullivan (proven - not that hes a great player, but you know what you are going to get...) and roberts in his best position of 5/8 where he has played well all year.

this is exactly why we never should of let groom go though, as he was actually being played at hooker... and I would rather have him there then sullivan. and he also would of made a great backup for noddy if injured.

if barba was an established FG player you may see the 9. roberts, 6. barba combo.. but as per above, i really cannot see it with him being so raw and the changes to the team needed to accomodate it.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like roberts 9 and barba 6 too, but i dont think barba is a 80min player. hes very explosive but he hasnt played 80 for us ever yet has he (in FG - i know he has previously in lower grades.)? I think moore sees him as more of a bench player at the moment as hes still very raw.

due to this, i think its very unlikely we will see this combo. moore is likely to play sullivan, much to most of our regret.
He has played full 80 at fullback on 2 ocassions.

I want to see more of Barba before we throw this lucrative contract at Roberts. After watching him V Tigers, I'm not convinced he should be thrown that big contract.

Maybe when Ennis is on Origin duties we see more of Barba.

Status
Not open for further replies.