Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
think we can also laugh at Chelsea after spending all that money on new players just to be 11th in the league
I called it ages ago, as soon as the Russian oligarch was sanctioned I said they were finished.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know how their fans having been coping the last 10 years . Being bitched repeatedly by your cross city rivals wouldn’t be good for their mental state.
I’m hearing a side effect of this constant bitch slapping is a disease called multiple cyber identity disorder , a debilitating and frustrating disease whereby those who are affected by have uncontrollable urges to register multiple username accounts and assume the identity of rival fans in the hope they can experience what real success feels like.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t know how their fans having been coping the last 10 years . Being bitched repeatedly by your cross city rivals wouldn’t be good for their mental state.
I’m hearing a side effect of this constant bitch slapping is a disease called multiple cyber identity disorder , a debilitating and frustrating disease whereby those who are affected by have uncontrollable urges to register multiple username accounts and assume the identity of rival fans in the hope they can experience what real success feels like.
Made me laugh this.

Gold

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good comeback by City.. As I keep saying, Foden is one of the most underrated star players in the world. He's in brilliant form. Southgate needs to build the attacking setup around him and Bellingham..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good comeback by City.. As I keep saying, Foden is one of the most underrated star players in the world. He's in brilliant form. Southgate needs to build the attacking setup around him and Bellingham..
do they play foden on the wing or in midfield centrally?

only left wing is pretty up for grabs with kane and saka taking the other spots

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
do they play foden on the wing or in midfield centrally?

only left wing is pretty up for grabs with kane and saka taking the other spots
I think Foden needs to be ahead of Saka in the pecking order. Hopefully both play though. Fodens versatility can be used against him at times.. He can start on the left and float to central positions like he does for City..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Foden needs to be ahead of Saka in the pecking order. Hopefully both play though. Fodens versatility can be used against him at times.. He can start on the left and float to central positions like he does for City..
maybe a midfield of rice foden and bellingham with rashford kane saka on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll lol so hard if England re-sign Southgate. They've got so much talent now and in the coming years, should really go close to actually winning something

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'll lol so hard if England re-sign Southgate. They've got so much talent now and in the coming years, should really go close to actually winning something
depends cause portugual and france still have top players to beat England

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
COLD HARD FACTS. Deluded United fans will bury their heads in the sand like ostriches again instead of facing the truth.

You want the truth United fans? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn ....

United have absolutely nothing tactically from what I can see. I admit that I don't watch every single game, but I do watch my fair share of them and I can't remember the last time I looked at a game and had an idea of what United were trying to achieve as a team?

I do agree with him that injuries have their affect on a team, and clearly they're worse off with players out.

Shaw - Martinez - Maguire - AWB

That's an entire backline plus the backup Evans also it out.

But ... let's be honest. Maguire is absolute rubbish and should never be near the 1st team. Shaw is a has been. AWB has been found out. And don't get me started on Evans! Then there's the wee man in Martinez who got put on his arse against Liverpool.

How would these players improve United apart from maybe Martinez? Some could argue that Shaw would add a bit as he was decent enough last year but ...

Add to that key attacking signings in Mount and Hojland and there's also Martial.

When Mount played this year, he was so so bad. At Chelsea previously ... not great. Martial ... joke of a football player. Hojland. I actually like and think he could be big for the club. How would these players improve United apart from Hojland?

Then there's the injury problems of their captain in Bruno. He hasn't had any and has played pretty much every game which clearly hampers them.

Ten Haag has a point as these injuries are going to rock any team ... especially one that has spent more than any other EPL club!

Let's be honest here.

Other teams, and not even those that have spent the amount as United, have structures and systems in place meaning the 2nd string side can still step in and perform the roles to a decent level. Even a semi-decent level would see United win more of these games.

No one expected United to win against City, but the tactical level they played at was embarrasing.

To say United are close to City is laughable. They are so so so far apart it's mental.

They need a new:

GK
LB
CB
RB
DM
CM
LW
RW
CF

That's 9 starters just to compete .... plus a new manager

He's a deadman walking that Ten Haag. Dead man walking

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Damn ....

United have absolutely nothing tactically from what I can see. I admit that I don't watch every single game, but I do watch my fair share of them and I can't remember the last time I looked at a game and had an idea of what United were trying to achieve as a team?

I do agree with him that injuries have their affect on a team, and clearly they're worse off with players out.

Shaw - Martinez - Maguire - AWB

That's an entire backline plus the backup Evans also it out.

But ... let's be honest. Maguire is absolute rubbish and should never be near the 1st team. Shaw is a has been. AWB has been found out. And don't get me started on Evans! Then there's the wee man in Martinez who got put on his arse against Liverpool.

How would these players improve United apart from maybe Martinez? Some could argue that Shaw would add a bit as he was decent enough last year but ...

Add to that key attacking signings in Mount and Hojland and there's also Martial.

When Mount played this year, he was so so bad. At Chelsea previously ... not great. Martial ... joke of a football player. Hojland. I actually like and think he could be big for the club. How would these players improve United apart from Hojland?

Then there's the injury problems of their captain in Bruno. He hasn't had any and has played pretty much every game which clearly hampers them.

Ten Haag has a point as these injuries are going to rock any team ... especially one that has spent more than any other EPL club!

Let's be honest here.

Other teams, and not even those that have spent the amount as United, have structures and systems in place meaning the 2nd string side can still step in and perform the roles to a decent level. Even a semi-decent level would see United win more of these games.

No one expected United to win against City, but the tactical level they played at was embarrasing.

To say United are close to City is laughable. They are so so so far apart it's mental.

They need a new:

GK
LB
CB
RB
DM
CM
LW
RW
CF

That's 9 starters just to compete .... plus a new manager

He's a deadman walking that Ten Haag. Dead man walking
you also forgot about malacia who's injured as well.

honestly it's going to take them a few more years to get the right squad balance to compete for trophies.

imo i think there starting team is ok it just needs more depth and a clean out of the overpaid dud players that are holding them back...