Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
that's probably one of the reasons pep sold Sterling he has always had that selfishness in him and wasting chances
Spot on about Sterling.. He got it wrong with Palmer though. He's already easily their best player and looks like an England International for years to come. I wanted to keep him. Especially with our depth being poor this year. Strange decision and it ended up being a bargain and one of the few shrewd signings for Chelsea.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
be interesting to see who gets sacked first eddie howe or ten haag
The manager that is lower on the table. Man U still getting some results away whilst they deal with their pretty awful injury crisis. Ten Hag is handling it much better which is embarrassing on our part because I don’t rate him at all

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The manager that is lower on the table. Man U still getting some results away whilst they deal with their pretty awful injury crisis. Ten Hag is handling it much better which is embarrassing on our part because I don’t rate him at all
I don’t think our injuries stack up to yours t

Maguire, Varane, Casemiro, Mount, Lindelorf, Martinez, Malacia..

okay now that I’ve written down the list - fuck me, that’s is pretty bad.

Am I missing anyone from the Toon?

Nick Pope (shoulder), Harvey Barnes (foot), Sandro Tonali (ban), Joe Willock (heel), Jacob Murphy (shoulder), Elliot Anderson (back), Javi Manquillo (groin) and Matt Targett (thigh). And Laschelles injured now too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see Newcastle sticking with Howe until end of season and then signing Emery
It depends on how much Villa are willing to give him to invest or how much Newcastle would say you have to spend. Otherwise he might see it as a sideways/backwards move and hold out for a bigger move.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Nick Pope (shoulder), Harvey Barnes (foot), Sandro Tonali (ban), Joe Willock (heel), Jacob Murphy (shoulder), Elliot Anderson (back), Javi Manquillo (groin) and Matt Targett (thigh). And Laschelles injured now too.
Matip. Tsimi. Robbo. Bajcetvic. Thiago. Mac Allister. Doak. Allison, Konate and Jota recently came back from injuries.

I think a lot of clubs are dealing with injuries tbh. Some just use them to justify bad form?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was obviously joking but he's not been at the top of his game this year.
having kdb and haaland out hasnt helped, add in the loss of gundogan and mahrez and replacing them with average players like nunes and kovacic.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip. Tsimi. Robbo. Bajcetvic. Thiago. Mac Allister. Doak. Allison, Konate and Jota recently came back from injuries.

I think a lot of clubs are dealing with injuries tbh. Some just use them to justify bad form?
or lack of depth.....

we've had jesus, martinelli, partey, Smith rowe, timber, tomiyasu, fabio viera and odegarrd all miss games this season for us and we've managed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
having kdb and haaland out hasnt helped, add in the loss of gundogan and mahrez and replacing them with average players like nunes and kovacic.
Still should be doing better than what we have and the fact that we keep falling behind to lesser teams and can't keep a clean sheet is the alarming part. Before that game we only had two more wins than Everton..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
typical that city get a dodgy penalty....
extremely harsh to give that a handball when there's been a lot worse this season not given

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yeah thats all of them. It’s not even fatigue as to why we are in this shithouse form. Howe keeps selecting his favorites like Dan Burn at LB, never thinks to rest an old age Trippier ever, Longstaff starting in the middle, Wilson starting in games over Isak, Almiron playing 90 minutes every game etc, and he never really uses his subs or bench well. Plus it appears he has zero plan B In the game and always sticks with plan A.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
typical that city get a dodgy penalty....
extremely harsh to give that a handball when there's been a lot worse this season not given
That was a pretty clear penalty. You can't slide as a defender with your hands up and block a potential goal.

I agree with you that there's no consistency but if we did that I would have said it should have been a penalty to Everton..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was a pretty clear penalty. You can't slide as a defender with your hands up and block a potential goal.

I agree with you that there's no consistency but if we did that I would have said it should have been a penalty to Everton..
I still think it's harsh particularly the proximity of the defender.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still think it's harsh particularly the proximity of the defender.
I agree based on what the rule should be. I would have never changed the rule or interpretation from what it had been for decades.

But based on the current rules and what they've been giving, that was an obvious penalty because his arms were extended so much he almost ended up blocking the ball like a goalkeeper.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree based on what the rule should be. I would have never changed the rule or interpretation from what it had been for decades.

But based on the current rules and what they've been giving, that was an obvious penalty because his arms were extended so much he almost ended up blocking the ball like a goalkeeper.

they summed it up pretty well

they need to change the rules and just make it deliberate handball.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess Liverpool dodged a bullet with lavia, first game back from injury yesterday and gets injured again after playing 20 minutes lol