Elliott: Attack wasn't an issue in loss to Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said this last night but the guys have been mentally and what looks to be permanently damaged from Des. It's going to take years and years of therapy to change this style if the same guys are to stick around.

How Mbye isn't the throffing at the chance to run off a Woods or RFM offload is proof he's broken.

Woods and RFM are our best attacking players... That's pretty fucking embarrassing.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Next two games:

Penrith away

Broncos away

no no no no NO

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are improving and confidence that the points will come is important - HOWEVER - we didn't look like we were going to score at all for 80 minutes. Even when we went over the line many times, it was slow motion! The only player that hits it with skill is RFM hence the couple of tries that were explosive from last week and one time before that. You can't say the Roosters defended that well when you made yourself slow and predictable! You can blunt axe all you want at the tree, but don't give the tree the fucking credit for your dumb, soft and blunt swings at it? Sheesh!

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
will win thee next 3 games straight. Defence has defiantely improved from the start of the season. The attack has been good in patches and i believe last night the game plan was to go up the middle just like the rabbits did but it failed. Pay should have realised this and changed it up.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re right, it’s woods making dumb **** errors that lead to the only try of the game and kept continuing to make errors, and your own fkn head.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's comments like that (from Elliott) that make Fui Fui Moi Moi seem like an astrophysicist.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least we didn’t get 30 points put on us.. Our attack is better but not good enough.. I’m excited to see how Cogger goes this weekend.: [emoji51]

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gee some people are hard to please. The team tackles their backsides off, but couldnt breech the wall.
I think they have improved immeasurably in the last few games.
Saying that, the coach is saddled with a pretty basic side. He has done well to perform as well as we have.
And there will be more improvement coming.
Biggest failure was lack of support for Foran.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Gee some people are hard to please. The team tackles their backsides off, but couldnt breech the wall.
I think they have improved immeasurably in the last few games.
Saying that, the coach is saddled with a pretty basic side. He has done well to perform as well as we have.
And there will be more improvement coming.
Biggest failure was lack of support for Foran.
If the coach was just 20% normal and not fucking clueless in the box, he would have sent a message to kick to b Morris who could have had a bus parked next to him and still have space to score a try.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clueless. Yes the Roosters defended well, but we often looked lost on the 5th and were just making it up as we went along. We only ever looked dangerous when Mbye or Morris almost made line breaks, but we were always just roped in.
Its easy to defend well when you throw shit all at the defence.

Elliot just needs to shut the fuck up. Who allows this muppets infront of the media?!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so we score zero point after having bulk of the possession and every call going our way, the opposition was down to 12 men for 10 minutes of the game and yes attack was not the issue

please give me a gun so I can put a bullet in my head after putting one in his head.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol how some point a spin on it like it was a good loss

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this last night but the guys have been mentally and what looks to be permanently damaged from Des. It's going to take years and years of therapy to change this style if the same guys are to stick around.
Nah players last year would say "We struggled in attack" all the time. This is a Pay thing now.

Elliot has obviously been told the speech to make to the media, he is basically parroting Pay. Can't blame him for doing what the coach says when talking to the media. I can't imagine the players actually think they attacked well last night. The Morris brothers at least looked pretty angry at the halves and Lichaa throughout the game for not giving them the ball they needed and called for.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can imagine a bunch of journos hanging out the front of the dogs locker room waiting to get an interview with the players after the game and everyone BAR Adam 'The Mouth' Elliott sighs. This guy runs over "I'll do it boys don't worry!!!!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nothing said on this article is incorrect.

It takes time, we are improving, the effort is there.

You’re all disproportionately outraged tbh. Plenty of pluses to take from last night.

Elliott and Pay’s comments are more accurate than the alarmist nonsense flowing freely in the kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.