News Eels v Bulldogs: Sivo suspended; Star recruits ready to go

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem with djdeep creating as many threads as he wants, as long as they are different topics etc. So people need to chill tf out.

When the same things get posted over and over just with different wording is when I take issue.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly this.
I don’t understand the hard on for @djdeep4172 in here?
He just posts all the articles on the bulldogs? IMO he’s providing a service because I don’t have to give clicks to those shithouse sites.
sure, across multiple media channels some articles are going to say the same shit, but you don’t have to comment. Just open it “oh I’ve already read this” close and move on.
I’m convinced some of the users on here would kick a sleeping homeless man.
I get your point mate, but I also get other peoples point of it being annoying as well,

A lot of these copy paste articles he creates threads on are the same article that he’s posted couple of days earlier, just reworded by competition media platforms .. so we end up with 3 or 4 threads pretty much saying the same thing.

I don’t see why he can’t just copy paste & then post them to the original thread that’s similar, which will just bump it ..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
telecrap predicts 1 and 5 first 6 games going to be another long year if that happens
Our draw is rough, if halves don't pull their finger out it possible we only win 2 games within first 10 rounds.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Eels will be out to avenge a dramatic fall from Grand Finalists to a 10th-place finish while the Bulldogs will be hoping to see some early dividends after another hotly anticipated recruitment drive.

After struggling to adjust to the loss of several key stars last season, stability should be a big strength for Brad Arthur's side with minimal changes from 2023 and star trio Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown giving fans plenty to be excited about in Sunday's Pre-Season clash.

Their 2022 grand final appearance already seems an age ago but the fire will still be burning in Parramatta as the core group look to rediscover the form that had fans backing them against the three-time Premiers.

Meanwhile, the 2023 season was one to close the door on after finishing in 15th place but greater depth and competition in key positions can only help Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo improve on last season’s 7-17 return.

After playing just a 20-minute cameo in his first appearance for the Bulldogs last Friday, it will be all systems go with new skipper Stephen Crichton set to headline a host of new recruits making their official club debut including the likes of Drew Hutchison, Bronson Xerri and Blake Taaffe.

Team News
Eels: Maika Sivo's three-game ban for a high shot against the Titans will force a backline reshuffle with Bailey Simonsson likely to shift to the wing and new recruit Morgan Harper partner Will Penisini in the centres. A hamstring is likely to see prop Wiremu Greig sidelined for Round 1 with Ofahiki Ogden set to be given an opportunity on the bench. Joey Lussick and Brendan Hands look likely to share the job at hooker.

Bulldogs: Stephen Crichton is expected to return at centre alongside fellow recruit Bronson Xerri, with Blake Taaffe at fullback. After starting both Pre-Season clashes, former Rooster Drew Hutchison and Matt Burton are likely to line up again in the halves leaving Toby Sexton without a spot. Jaeman Salmon is likely to get first shot at lock with Josh Curran starting on the bench.

Stat Attack
  • The Eels have won seven of their past eight games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have won only two of their past 15 games at CommBank Stadium.
  • Eels fullback Clint Gutherson has scored nine tries in his past 10 games against the Bulldogs.
  • The Bulldogs have opened with a win only once in the past seven years.
  • Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown will make his 100th NRL appearance
We haven’t played at home in round 1 since 2017. Possibly a big factor in why we haven’t won a season opener in that time frame.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone legitimately expect us to win?? The bookies certainly don’t. In all seriousness, I can’t see us winning this. I’m positive as it’s season start, and I’m pumped for it, yet not really expecting to be with in ten points at games end.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sivo being out actually goes against us. He makes really bad decisions in defence.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the hype about Salmon in the trials (playing like Isaah Yeo???), but I still think he's a very decent player. I don't mind him starting in front of Curren given we are way short on front rowers and need Current to be part of the front row rotation. Maybe Tetavano's signing eases that issue marginally, but the bottom line is we have plenty of smaller options for lock, but are horribly short of front rowers. BTW I don't rate Salmon that high at the moment but I reckon he will become a very good player before he's finished.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone legitimately expect us to win?? The bookies certainly don’t. In all seriousness, I can’t see us winning this. I’m positive as it’s season start, and I’m pumped for it, yet not really expecting to be with in ten points at games end.
I’m not expecting to win but wouldn’t surprise me if we get up though

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it’s a close one. If I was Reed, Id do all I can to destroy my old team. Hope he gets his redemption, hate Parra and their fans

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope it’s a close one. If I was Reed, Id do all I can to destroy my old team. Hope he gets his redemption, hate Parra and their fans
It’s the one game of the year I’m desperate to win too mate. Biggest bunch of ferals, I just think we’re a bit out of our league.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not expecting to win but wouldn’t surprise me if we get up though
If we don’t complete at above 80%, I don’t give us a shot. Last week was horrible. Need Kiraz for some variety too I reckon. Someone who can offload, and will actually compete in the air on attacking kicks

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven’t played at home in round 1 since 2017. Possibly a big factor in why we haven’t won a season opener in that time frame.
It must be acknowledged that we have been a steaming pile of shit since 2017.

Also We did win round 1 in 2022 v cowboys.

But I do agree that the draw is shit. Our first round games in recent years :

- Warriors away
- Parra away
- Knights away
- Cowboys away
- Manly away
- Parra away

A tigers or dragons at home wouldn’t friggen hurt

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
It must be acknowledged that we have been a steaming pile of shit since 2017.

Also We did win round 1 in 2022 v cowboys.

But I do agree that the draw is shit. Our first round games in recent years :

- Warriors away
- Parra away
- Knights away
- Cowboys away
- Manly away
- Parra away

A tigers or dragons at home wouldn’t friggen hurt
Considering we typically take a home game to NZ, one to Bundy and with Magic Rd to we have the fewest home games of anyone?