News Dylan Brown

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Must be the first time that a major signing has happened without the media ranting on about how much per year, contract total whatever.

Always a Bulldog

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone else think this guy is a dud?
I don't know about Dud as he is still young and developing but I don't get the hype. Media absolutely froths him. Happy to be proven wrong in the coming years though.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah reminds me of Ben Roberts nothing better. I don’t understand the hype tbh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for Brown. He's a skillful player who also is a really good defender for a half. Whenever Moses isn't in the side he takes way more control. He's still only 22 and will keep improving. It will be interesting to see how this affects the Moses situation though.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s alright but I’d much prefer burton. The talk of top 5/8 has me confused. Not even close. Then again I don’t think burton is close to the top guys either. E.g Munster.

Though in time I’d feel far better having burton than brown.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s alright but I’d much prefer burton. The talk of top 5/8 has me confused. Not even close. Then again I don’t think burton is close to the top guys either. E.g Munster.

Though in time I’d feel far better having burton than brown.
I think Brown could easily play halfback. His kicking game is solid but not great, but he has good vision and gets a lot of try assists whenever he plays without Moses. If they lose Moses, I expect Brown to play well as the dominant playmaker.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he goes next season with getting different service from dummy half, Hodgson is a good number 9 but very different to Mahoney willingness to share the ball

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's better than Burton
To be fair browns first good year was this year in a good team…

He’s what 3-4 years in? Burtons far better in his first season at 5/8 in a shit team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair browns first good year was this year in a good team…

He’s what 3-4 years in? Burtons far better in his first season at 5/8 in a shit team.
He played well his first season, didn't kick on the following two where he played shit (his own words) and then killed it this year where he was the second best 5/8 in the game. Right now he's better than Burton, that's all I'm saying.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He played well his first season, didn't kick on the following two where he played shit (his own words) and then killed it this year where he was the second best 5/8 in the game. Right now he's better than Burton, that's all I'm saying.
This season he was better than Burton.

Let's see what happens next season.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is true, Brown has been very consistent now for 2 or 3 seasons. Most times I've seen him play is against Storm and he carves them up. He is a very strong ball runner.

I think Burton is still very rough, he has more in his locker. However if you go off form for the past 3 seasons Brown is a top 5/8. Burton is only just starting his FG career. Brown has played in a settled team who has been building for about 5 years.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Dylan Brown is a terrific player.
Hard for him to shine all the time when you’ve got Moses demanding the ball more.
Be interesting to see their dynamics now Mahoney has departed & the amount of ball each receives from Hodgson

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only spine player of theirs I don't get the hype around is Gutherson, I get he is a leader, passion etc but he is inconsistent and gets dominated in contact.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
22. Kiwi international and played a grand final. Only played finals. Gets better each year. Why the hate? He's a fucking beast and if we didn't have Burton we'd want him!

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good player can't begrudge him staying there, looked after his future financially