Dual international Wendell Sailor in frame for Origin return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Wendell Sailor is on the verge of a remarkable return to the Origin arena with the St George Illawarra veteran locked in a battle with Willie Tonga to replace Justin Hodges.

Hodges is expected to be sidelined for up to four weeks after suffering medial ligament damage midway through the first half of Wednesday night's series-opening win to the Maroons.
With Origin II in Sydney less than three weeks away, Hodges would have to be in extreme doubt to make it back in time as Queensland bid for a historic fourth straight series win.

His loss has opened the door for Sailor to return to an arena he hasn't graced since the last of his 14 Origin matches in 2001 - with the 34-year-old a chance to slot onto the wing and Israel Folau sliding over to centre.

“We've got a few options there, we'll have to see what happens over the next week or two and go from there,” Queensland chairman of selectors Des Morris said.

“Obviously (Sailor's) playing well for the Dragons so he'd certainly come into consideration.

“We always try to pick it on form - he as well as other players are playing well for their clubs.”

Sailor's main threat to a Maroons return - just 12 months after returning to rugby league following a two-year suspension for drug use - would appear to be North Queensland centre Tonga.

Tonga has been in good form for the Cowboys after missing most of last season due to a knee reconstruction.

Dragons centre Matt Cooper, himself eyeing a return to NSW colours after being overlooked for game one, said he had no doubt Sailor could still handle the pace of Origin football.

“He's been out of the Origin (scene) for a while now but he's been playing great for us,” Cooper said.

“I can't see a reason why he can't go out there and put in a good performance for Queensland because he's been doing it for us for the last 12 rounds.

“They (Queensland) have obviously got a great backline and I think he'd just slip straight in.”

Cooper admitted he found it tough watching Wednesday night's series opener on television, the first Origin game he hadn't been involved in since game two in 2006.

Despite his strong desire to reclaim a sky blue jumper and sub-par performances from NSW centres Jamie Lyon and Michael Jennings in Origin I, Cooper said he expected Blues selectors to stick with the side which lost 28-18 at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium.

“I reckon they will (stick with the incumbents),” Cooper said.

“If you take out that last try Queensland scored it's six points difference, that's classic Origin.

“They went really well, they'll learn from that experience.

“Obviously eight new players in a NSW side it's going to be tough to get a win but I think they did NSW proud.

“If they get a second chance they'll really learn from that last game and pick up their standard of game.”

AAP

here's a laugh for ya KE :p

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be a MASSIVE rating boost and I'm sure Dell would do a good job.

Would rather see Dell there than Tonga.

Jennings is going to own him.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I would lov to see dell play tbh
He's a champion! He knows how to stir a crowd and is 110% what origin needs atm, he's the sort of player who the fans love or hate, the sort of player who has the crowd yelling at every touch of the ball.

Dell is made for origin and his attitude and personality have origin written all over it :grinning:

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOL

Mod changing my avatar? hahahahahah ....

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i bet he would go well rack him up a line and he'll make 50000000234092384 meters

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh man, can't wait for KE

*grabs popcorn*

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
haha

it'll be good for the game if this oldie makes a return to the origin arena. It would attract more publicity to the Origin game and bring in the fans.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha

it'll be good for the game if this oldie makes a return to the origin arena. It would attract more publicity to the Origin game and bring in the fans.
I agree.

Some of you are harsh on big dell. I think he has been playing pretty well for the Dragons. Big and strong and has some speed on him.

It would just be perfect for Origin and considering Tonga is a left centre and Folau has been an Australian centre, it only seems logic should come into play and Folau moves to centre with big Wendell on the wing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is a joke, right?! Wendell Sailor playing Origin? In Queensland's backline? FMD. This is a joke, right? "Let's pull one over on old K E. Gee him up a bit."

Wendell Sailor, and those on his "luLZ" bandwagon, can get fuct. He's average at very, very, very, very best. "8U7 H3 hAz 7 TrYzZ D1s Y3aR" He's a fcking passenger for the Dragqueens. He can be replaced by ANYONE and anyone would do his job. Where the fck these bandwagon come from is beyond me but I wanna strangle the cnt who started it.

Again, this is a joke, right? I slipped and cracked my head on the concrete and I'm just imaging this article, right? Surely I am.

I know Queenslanders are inbred, brain dead rednecks but no one is this stupid? Darkness shouldn't even be in contention. What's he gonna do if he makes a line break? Run a whole 4-5 metres? Fck him and his couch.

It would be a MASSIVE rating boost and I'm sure Dell would do a good job.
Yes, it would be a MASSIVE boost. Because the world is not interested in Origin unless a washed up cokehead is playing.

Davo, did you hear Wendell Sailor is playing Origin?
NO WAY! Put it on right now!
Nah, just kidding.
Fck it. Change the channel.

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I highly doubt he will be chosen for game 2, Tonga was on the 25 man list and also trained with the maroons when Hodges was in doubt the first time especially considering who the assistant coach is :grinning:.

In saying that, i would really love to see Wendell play origin just so K.E can eat there words :grinning:. If maroons win game 2 then its quite possible to put Wendell in if he will boost crowd attendance at Brisbane.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"So K E can eat there words"? Ummm, I'm pretty sure I'm one person.

"Boosts crowd attendence"?! IT'S ORIGIN FFS!

I hope Cokehead McGee get's picked. His opposite winger will sht on him......Not that......oh, can't say that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Darkness!

Willie Tonga should come in. Dell has played well enough for Saints but is nowhere near good enough for Origin. He would get exposed IMO and the game would be way too fast for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.