Drop outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great game last night and very happy with the final result, the only issue I have from last nights game was our drop outs which only ever went 30-35 meters we are giving away very easy meters which could really hurt against better sides (and give me a heart attack)

When Sutton (Ref) was hammering us and Manly kept getting repeat sets (via dropouts & penalties) I was stressing big time but luckily our defences held......but surely we have someone who can get the ball more than 30 meters on the goal line restarts??

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Was thinking this as well actually, but there was a big plus in that we held firm in the fifth tackle where we normally choke hard so I'm more confident with our on line defense.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
First half the dropout hit the 50m
Second half was 30m was there any wind?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think some of the penalties were just Sutton giving them away due to his corrupt ego. I mean 11-8 penalty count says it all.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think some of the penalties were just Sutton giving them away due to his corrupt ego. I mean 11-8 penalty count says it all.
Not really. On our goal line we were purposely giving away penalties, it seemed like we were backing our defence until they made a mistake (which the did almost every time)

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Mbye puts a lot of backspin on the ball. One of his drop outs bounced like 1m off the air when it landed and his place kicks were doing the same when it landed.

With the backspin, you dont get as much distance

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Mbye puts a lot of backspin on the ball. One of his drop outs bounced like 1m off the air when it landed and his place kicks were doing the same when it landed.

Trying to get it to slide in to middle stump is he?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

yes I noticed this too, even does it when kicking for goal

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stanley kicks them a mile. Mbye is shit.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was kicking straight into the wind in the 2nd half.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great game last night and very happy with the final result, the only issue I have from last nights game was our drop outs which only ever went 30-35 meters we are giving away very easy meters which could really hurt against better sides (and give me a heart attack)

When Sutton (Ref) was hammering us and Manly kept getting repeat sets (via dropouts & penalties) I was stressing big time but luckily our defences held......but surely we have someone who can get the ball more than 30 meters on the goal line restarts??
Yeah, I thought the same thing about how far we weren't kicking them. These days a dropout is worth about 50 metres; when it only goes 30 metres its the equivalent of handing them two plays out of a set of six. The bottom line is that we cant afford to keep doing it. Giving them repeat sets only 30 metres out is a killer for morale which will result in a points F/A suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.