Opinion Drop Burton for 1 game

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Burton was ok without being great, really disappointed he didn't contest bomb over his head when he was taller than everyone, he turned his back which was bad. And also when he gave away 6 again on the last tackle and they scored next set. That cost 2 tries alone.
That is match awareness and discipline. He has a long way to go yet, but he is at least trying to win. Rajab and Karl are still green, Perham is worst fullback ever, Reed has been disappointing and has terrible defence. Apart from that, Preston and Kiraz should be getting paid 90 per cent of our teams salary.
Lol Preston and Kiraz are real effort players, but nobody is building a successful team on their backs. Burton is still learning and still makes mistakes (probably because there’s so much pressure on his shoulders), but he’s still our most valuable player by a country mile.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Preston and Kiraz are real effort players, but nobody is building a successful team on their backs. Burton is still learning and still makes mistakes (probably because there’s so much pressure on his shoulders), but he’s still out most valuable player by a country mile.
Mostly agree but Preston could be anything... showing plenty of ability not just effort

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mostly agree but Preston could be anything... showing plenty of ability not just effort
He has a ton of ability, but at the end of the day most of our points come from Burton. As good as it is to have a great back rower, Burton is more of a potential match winner, imo. That’s not a dis on Preston at all.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a ton of ability, but at the end of the day most of our points come from Burton. As good as it is to have a great back rower, Burton is more of a potential match winner, imo. That’s not a dis on Preston at all.
Yeah I 100% agree with you there.. I actually think Burton played pretty good.. can't blame him for today's mess

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pele tore up NSW Cup today. Similar style, aggressive, shorter minutes just on there to punch out impact work.
Kitione also looked decent.
Pele is not better than TPJ.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said Mahoney was a liability defensively, people on here said it wasn't a problem though because he "offered other things". Our hooker and highest paid prop are bad defenders, that's where our biggest problem starts
I think that’s party who he has around him. Always getting picked out and targeted with his his size and with him being one of only ones having genuine line speed. No big boys or anyone around him offering him the protection he needs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiraz looks injured still.
He still can't run. He sprained his MCL and it's obviously not right. Add to that his elbow injury..

2 months ago I tore my MCL and Meniscus and still can't walk properly. Had to have a huge brace on night and day for 5 weeks.

Kiraz's wasn't as severe but having that injury now I know even more why he's struggling so much to run properly and why he has no explosiveness right now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfit players shouldn't be playing. It's hampering their injury recovery and their reputations.

We don't have much but there is Skelton/Wilson/Burns and Hughes/Pele for King.

Got the bye coming up so give them the sharks game off (if the rest will help them with their injuries).

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton wasn't the problem today. He'll probably make the bench in Origin. Suggesting to drop him is madness.

Reed Mahoney has played like shit after the first month of the season and misses a million tackles a game but every week everyone hammers Burton.
agree with this to be honest

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just clocked something. We could be playing sharks at bogan land with an 18 year old half and a half in his 3rd game of first grade if Burton is selected. That’s worrying .

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just clocked something. We could be playing sharks at bogan land with an 18 year old half and a half in his 3rd game of first grade if Burton is selected. That’s worrying .
Who even cares anymore bro

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He still can't run. He sprained his MCL and it's obviously not right. Add to that his elbow injury..

2 months ago I tore my MCL and Meniscus and still can't walk properly. Had to have a huge brace on night and day for 5 weeks.

Kiraz's wasn't as severe but having that injury now I know even more why he's struggling so much to run properly and why he has no explosiveness right now.
Which begs the question why is he playing?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which begs the question why is he playing?
Probably because he's tough as nails and he wants to help the team during an injury crisis but we could easily play Wilson so they could have sat him out a while longer.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dont need to act too crazy just yet.

this week they should put flannos pic next to his jersey as a reminder lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably because he's tough as nails and he wants to help the team during an injury crisis but we could easily play Wilson so they could have sat him out a while longer.
It shouldn’t be up to him. I admire his attitude and everything, but if he ain’t fully fit the coaching staff shouldn’t be picking him. Especially considering we have other options who are more than decent.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele is not better than TPJ.
No, he isn't but he plays with more heart.
The suggestion was to drop him down to make him see what he needs to provide to be playing first grade. Pele has the fearless mentality, the commitment and the impact off the bench to show that.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost because we cant tackle our defense is crap, dropping one player isn't going to help the cause especially when he wasn't the main problem.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, preston was our only forward to make over 150 meters and this cahunt wants to drop burton?? fucking hilarious :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: