Dragons to Axe Volkman

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does this guys manager and the RLPA actually want to do it's job for once and step in to ensure the welfare and financial security for the player?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For sure but it's absolutely disgraceful. I really feel for Volkman and hope he gets fully covered by insurance..
I assume he will be covered but it's honestly mad that his management let this happen. No way this happens with a big name player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I assume he will be covered but it's honestly mad that his management let this happen. No way this happens with a big name player.
Which is why it's a joke that the RLPA hasn't sorted this out or even shown their face. These are the types of players and situations that they're most needed in.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which is why it's a joke that the RLPA hasn't sorted this out or even shown their face. These are the types of players and situations that they're most needed in.
It hasn't blown up in the media because it's Saints and they are completely irrelevant. If it was Bulldogs, Broncos, etc. It would be an "explosive investigation".

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It hasn't blown up in the media because it's Saints and they are completely irrelevant. If it was Bulldogs, Broncos, etc. It would be an "explosive investigation".
True, if Gus was involved Buzz would be running with it for weeks. But still, if it were a more high profile player it would be a bigger story. Either way it shouldn't be allowed to happen to any player in that situation.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club wouldn’t treat a high profile player like this. Even with situations like this their will still be ***** carrying about how players aren’t loyal anymore.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol Bloke In A Bar covered this "it's an absolute shit show"

Where is that gronk 04 Dreaming once again gassing up rival clubs and putting us down??? #gronk #flop

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They've just signed a Rockstar replacement in jesse marschke :tearsofjoy:

Me thinks Dragons fans are in for a world of hurt this year

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
They've just signed a Rockstar replacement in jesse marschke :tearsofjoy:

Me thinks Dragons fans are in for a world of hurt this year
It’s pretty grim, it’s up there with the most negative assessments of a side pre season I have ever heard. However on paper it looks about as bad as our 2021 side. Their most likely 1-6 is the worst in an nrl side I can remember. If they start slowly with a few loses it’s going to be a long season.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s pretty grim, it’s up there with the most negative assessments of a side pre season I have ever heard. However on paper it looks about as bad as our 2021 side. Their most likely 1-6 is the worst in an nrl side I can remember. If they start slowly with a few loses it’s going to be a long season.
Yep. Barring a few players their squad on paper is rubbish along with their coach, and no one wants to go there even on massive overs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine when Benny Hunt goes to Origin... Flange's son will be running the team...

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This poor bro got screwed hard by his shitty management team lmao.

Left a 2 year contract to take up a one year deal for better opportunities however contract wasn’t fully registered and he fails his physical and they cut his contract so he now has no income and a busted shoulder to rehab.
He did get a payout from the warriors but you still gotta feel for the kid. This is why players have managers. Seems he’s been let down big time

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
lol Bloke In A Bar covered this "it's an absolute shit show"

Where is that gronk 04 Dreaming once again gassing up rival clubs and putting us down??? #gronk #flop
Levels did also and Horo said who's his manager, he later gets audio and goes oh thats his manager. To which mason says asks who it is, Horo replies Mario Tartak. Mason laughs in such a way to say no suprise haha. I'd say he has history with him or knows of mates who have dealt with him.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
What might be out of the box thinking is sign him on a NSW cup contract with train and trial for 25. Let him use our facilities to rehab. Then hope he can put in a good word to bring one of the warriors NSW cup forwards over. He also played cup/flegg with the chooks who have some decent forwards.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why doesn't Flanno just give Volkmann some peptides and get him back on the park.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why doesn't Flanno just give Volkmann some peptides and get him back on the park.
Peptides won't help replace the loose screws in his shoulder. They will make his complexion much softer, even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Always a Bulldog