Official Dolphins scoop up averillo for three years

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking pissed about this one.

He should've been given first crack at Fullback. Instead we wasted a season with a 3rd Grader.

Outside of JAC, we've lost the only player capable of scoring a try.
Agreed. Very poor decision by the club.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U guys saying a bad loss are delusional. Averillo can't defend for shit and has shown this over the years...

Just cause he has speed and can find tryline, wow. Let's in 6 but scores 1...

Bye Jake.

Crichton, Xerri, Skelton, Alomoti plus Burns still on contract . How many centres do you want...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes our most experienced centre lol
Ones a drug cheat, others too slow and a beat up merchant in the lower grades, neither have or will have played more than 25 games
The rest are all QLD/NSW cup nobodies who won't do shit
I think it easier to replace a centre,. We need to invest all our resources into middles and a 7. Centre is not an important position anymore. We need someone defensively sound who can take some good scoots from yardage

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is not a star. He has pace and utility value. Not to be harsh but defensively he is poor because he is soft.
Exactly! We need size and speed averillo has only one of the two! Shit decision but we need to move on and worry about our own team for next year instead of what could have been

People here said we were crazy to let schoupp go and what has he done so far?!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Really annoyed about this. He is such a good utility player who can play a number of positions who is great for depth, has speed, is a local junior and from what I was reading wanted to stay with us!! Why would we let him go??? I really can’t understand why he would not have fit into our Top 30 next year - I wonder how many decent and genuine utility players we have in that Top 30 and who they will end up being - surely, Avo would have been up there as one of the better ones. Anyways, good luck to him and wishing him all the best - hope he smashes it, which I have no doubt he will under Bennett. Yet another decision that has the stench of haphazard management of our roster.
Whilst I agree with a lot of your post here we don’t know that it’s ‘mismanagement’ as much as we don’t know that it’s Jake who wanted to go. He may have felt he needed a change of scenery, he may have felt with Xerri and Critta coming his chance of a top grade start was threatened. A shame to lose a Bulldog junior but there has to be a reasonable explanation.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it easier to replace a centre,. We need to invest all our resources into middles and a 7. Centre is not an important position anymore. We need someone defensively sound who can take some good scoots from yardage
We'll be cucked out of that too and end up with another mediocre half that Suckraldo wants to put on at half time like the strategic genius he is

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01. Stephen Crichton
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Bronson Xerri
04. Paul Alamoti
05. Josh Addo-Carr

Braidon Burns
Ethan Quai-Ward
Jeral Skelton
Blake Wilson
Declan Casey

We have more than enough backs.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with a lot of your post here we don’t know that it’s ‘mismanagement’ as much as we don’t know that it’s Jake who wanted to go. He may have felt he needed a change of scenery, he may have felt with Xerri and Critta coming his chance of a top grade start was threatened. A shame to lose a Bulldog junior but there has to be a reasonable explanation.
It is always a shame to lose a junior but Avo is hopefully the start of moving along those who aren’t up to it or what we need. I’m sure he got a good offer to go play up there. Hopefully the dolphin fans on here can go with him.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Young bloke has so much potential, he's going to become a gun under the bennet. Sad but probably for the best, dogs can't develop in a shit in a public bathroom.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is always a shame to lose a junior but Avo is hopefully the start of moving along those who aren’t up to it or what we need. I’m sure he got a good offer to go play up there. Hopefully the dolphin fans on here can go with him.
same with the flanno fan