17. Halatau

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bit of a selection headache for Des. How do you leave out any of the backs? Id leave barba out but we know if Des thinks Ben can suddenly return to his best form he will play, and how can you drop Lafai or Brown. We know Inu and Morris are going nowhere. Brown may be less xfactor than others but hes very solid in defence and a good finisher, our 2nd top tryscorer to Perrett who is our best finisher this year and also is no chance of being left out.

People bitch about the defence n Inus and Perretts side, but they forget 2 things. One is reynolds often rushes out of the line and leaves a hole and they slide in the fill it (which may be under Des' instructions), and two another reason teams focus on that side is the other has Morris on it, and a lot of players respect Morris' defence which has been excellent even at rep level.

And nobody has a back on the bench in a big game. One must go.

Glad im not coach.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im pissed im not the coach, barba would be out easily

N

Natboy

Mind games won't phase Bennett but any doubt in the players minds will help us & we need all the help we can get to ensure we don't whimper out of the finals early

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd leave Barba out but I'm betting he'll start at 1 and I'm betting Lafai gets dropped.

Btw, there has been a surprising lack of Bulldogs articles in the paper lately. Des finally got his wish and we are finally flying under the radar.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Williams
15. Finucane
16. Kasiano
17. Halatau
That'd be my exact team.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Lafai
4. Morris
5. Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Williams
15. Finucane
16. Kasiano
17. Halatau
It is a rather dangerous looking side indeed, with Barba playing he might also be out settle a score with Mason.....It's crazy when you look at this side even if Browne were on the wing it's such a better team than our grand final squad in 2012 - surely something good has got to happen for us in 2013, there is every chance this could just be the beginning.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb1ViOyz7s

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a feeling that Kasiano will start. Man this team is going to be a pizza in terms of numbering postions.

This what i reckon Hasler will go with.

17. Ben Barba
2. Mitch Brown
1. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
15. Sam Kasiano
22. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Dene Halatau
10. James Graham
11. Tony Williams
25. Greg Eastwood

mani60cent

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im tired of talking and speculating... I WANT TO WATCH IT NOW!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im pissed im not the coach, barba would be out easily
Why are you pissed now? Surely, you've known for quite some time that you wouldn't be the coach for this game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just looking for that kind of performance we had against manly for 60 mins where it says here we come its finals time
The Manly game was stout, they just came out and did a job on them then the ref let them back in the game, so rigged.
Hope we start with the same attitude and contain our discipline.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a feeling that Kasiano will start. Man this team is going to be a pizza in terms of numbering postions.

This what i reckon Hasler will go with.

17. Ben Barba
2. Mitch Brown
1. Josh Morris
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
15. Sam Kasiano
22. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Dene Halatau
10. James Graham
11. Tony Williams
25. Greg Eastwood
Yep I can see Graham going on the Bench! He works harder coming off the bench as he get geed up good! I would also have Kas off the bench just for fitness and getting him fresh in the game in those vital 30mins - 60mins component of the game. possibly Eastwood to lock and Finucane on the bench.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL finals are a fresh start: Hasler

Canterbury may have come off second best to elimination final opponents Newcastle twice this season, but coach Des Hasler says NRL finals are a different ball game.

The Bulldogs head into their clash with the Knights at ANZ Stadium on Sunday having copped a 44-8 pumping from the Knights back in May and an 18-12 defeat in July.

"Most sides view it at this stage now in finals, (that) what happened throughout the year probably doesn't count for much," Hasler said on Thursday.

"Most of the sides prepare and play and react in such a way that they play in the moment.

"Those two games are well and truly gone."

The odds are against the sixth-ranked Bulldogs going one better than last year's grand final berth by winning the title - no club in NRL history has won the premiership from outside the top four under the current finals format.

Hasler was confident his team could prove the statistics wrong as he prepared to field a near full-strength side after giant forward Sam Kasiano and elusive fullback Ben Barba made their returns from long injury layoffs last week.

However, there are some injury clouds still circling for forwards Frank Pritchard and Greg Eastwood.

Knee and groin problems threaten Pritchard's return following two weeks' suspension for a shoulder charge while Eastwood is still recovering from a broken hand.

"They're a very good chance of not playing," Hasler said.

"We've got the Sunday game so we'll give those players as much time as we can. But we want to take in a strong squad.

"Sam Kasiano came through well last week. So we've got a lot of experience.'

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I hope Des is bluffing, we really need at least Frank in the line up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Why are you pissed now? Surely, you've known for quite some time that you wouldn't be the coach for this game.
im pissed that i didnt get into league coaching at 17 and worked really hard 18 hour days so that i would be in a position to drop barba

but ok even if i did that it would be a stretch to say that id be at the bulldogs coaching nrl at 29yrs old

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2pm UPDATE: Craig Gower has failed in his bid to return from a neck injury, with the Knights to be 1-17. Ben Barba will start at fullback for the Bulldogs, with Josh Morris moving to centre and Tim Lafai dropping out of the side. Frank Pritchard and Greg Eastwood (hand) weren't named, but are possible late inclusions.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
2pm UPDATE: Craig Gower has failed in his bid to return from a neck injury, with the Knights to be 1-17. Ben Barba will start at fullback for the Bulldogs, with Josh Morris moving to centre and Tim Lafai dropping out of the side. Frank Pritchard and Greg Eastwood (hand) weren't named, but are possible late inclusions.
fml

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
As expected. I really hope Pritchard is playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.