Official Dogs preseason begins

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it usual for them to be doing a fair bit of ballwork and even opposed sessions during the pre-christmas part of the pre-season? I'm no expert but just based on interviews with players and coaches in past years, it seemed more about getting miles in the legs and fitness to get through the break. Sounds great that their mixing it up though, especially with some new combinations. It must help to get a feel for each others game now, and then get some time to reflect on how they can work better together over the break.
It gets very boring doing track and gym work only every day, football players actually like to play football, it's why they started playing in the first place. So breaking up the slog with something they actually like is simply good player mental management. Plus it doesn't exactly hurt their teamwork. which comes in handy when the set plays start getting rehearsed later on in the pre season.

Go Dogs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rennie and Kieren Moss doing pre season.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Hetherington is going to be right up there in the 'buy of the year' articles at the end of next season I reckon. Love his attitude, seems like a hard trainer and a guy that has some infectious energy.

Conversely, Stimpson... yikes. Whenever people like Paul Crawly or Kent whinge that poor Dean Pay wasn't allowed to sign anyone, that was a Deano special.
I think Stimson will be the surprise packet next year