Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have picked up a Raider with Maroons royalty in his veins — signing under 20s five-eighth Lachlan Lewis effective immediately.

The nephew of none other than Queensland’s most decorated legend Wally Lewis, the 19-year-old pivot has been released from the final six months of his commitment to Canberra given the club boasts a number of playmaking options.

Lewis will move to Belmore on a two and a half year deal and is expected to begin training with his new club this week.

A product of Canberra’s Souths Logan system north of the border, Lewis has previously represented Queensland at under 16s and 18s level, and has partnered boom Raiders rookie Lachlan Croker at the scrum base throughout their formative years.

But blessed with the likes of Blake Austin. Aidan Sezer, Sam Williams and Croker as well, Lewis was unlikely to get a crack at first grade in the nation’s capital, and moves to Canterbury with the Raiders blessing as understudy to Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/bc41af0d02eb839320ab367a3db21da5

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks Marley. That makes sense considering the game they were commentating on involved Canberra.
Bit of eye candy for the younger brigade ( female of course...)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-state-of-origin-under18s-20140603-zrw07.html

Lachlan Lewis shares more with his uncle Wally than just his famous name; the Canberra Raiders under-20s five-eighth also hates losing to NSW.

Lewis will play for the Queensland under-18s in the State of Origin curtain raiser at ANZ Stadium on June 18, where he could find himself up against Raiders under-20s teammate and halves partner Lachlan Croker.

While the Lewis name is synonymous with Origin, with King Wally playing for Queensland 31 times, there were no special favours given to Lachlan - the 17-year-old finding out through a friend on Facebook he'd been picked.

The comparisons are inevitable - they play the same position as well - but it's something Lewis has learnt to live with as he worked his way up through the grades.

]
But the young Lewis wants to make his own name in the game.

He'll go into Queensland camp next Friday and look to get his second win over NSW, having played against a NSW country side two years ago.

"During the game I'll just be having fun and be a bit of a diehard Queenslander I guess. I hate NSW and losing to them," Lewis said.

"You could say that [I share Wally's feelings for NSW], it runs in the blood a bit ... I didn't like the result of the first-grade boys last week, so I guess I've got to make up for it."

Having come through the Souths Logan system in Queensland, Lewis is now studying engineering at the Australian National University in Canberra as well as playing for the Raiders under-20s.

Initially, he played in the under-18 SG Ball competition, although he missed most of it due to an ankle injury.

Once it was over, he switched seamlessly into the National Youth Competition and has played the past three games in the under-20s.

Now he'll team up with some old Souths Logan teammates with the Maroons.

Lewis is hoping his ANU lecturers will allow him to reschedule a few upcoming exams that clash with his time away for Origin.

"[I'm] stoked. I found out through Facebook last night, would you believe," he said.

"One of my friends posted it on their wall and tagged me in it and said congratulations.

"So I thought I'd better check this and rang up dad and said, 'Can you go look on the [Queensland Rugby League] website?'

"He rang me back and said, 'Yeah, you're named, congratulations'. It was a real shock to me."

QUEENSLAND UNDER-18s: 1. Jayden Nikorima, 2 .Riva-Weiss Pati, 3. Elijah Alick, 4. Junior Taefu, 5. Gideon Mosby-Gela, 6. Lachlan Lewis, 7. Cooper Bambling, 8. Lindsay Collins, 10. George Fai, 11. Regan Grieve, 12. Coen Hess, 13. Kieran Duffin, 14. Ross Bella, 15. Samuelu Lavea, 16. Charlie Galo, 17. Keegan Hipgrave, 18. Joseph Burchell.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canberra-raiders-fiveeighth-lachlan-lewis-picked-for-queensland-state-of-origin-under18s-20140603-zrw07.html#ixzz463xYCIDL
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best case scenario is he kills it - problem is des wont promote him

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs have picked up a Raider with Maroons royalty in his veins — signing under 20s five-eighth Lachlan Lewis effective immediately.

The nephew of none other than Queensland’s most decorated legend Wally Lewis, the 19-year-old pivot has been released from the final six months of his commitment to Canberra given the club boasts a number of playmaking options.

Lewis will move to Belmore on a two and a half year deal and is expected to begin training with his new club this week.

A product of Canberra’s Souths Logan system north of the border, Lewis has previously represented Queensland at under 16s and 18s level, and has partnered boom Raiders rookie Lachlan Croker at the scrum base throughout their formative years.

But blessed with the likes of Blake Austin. Aidan Sezer, Sam Williams and Croker as well, Lewis was unlikely to get a crack at first grade in the nation’s capital, and moves to Canterbury with the Raiders blessing as understudy to Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/bc41af0d02eb839320ab367a3db21da5

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will either be

1. A dud who plays Nsw cup then disappears or
2. A great player who we will develop then release to another club to play FG.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their u go all our problems solved lol

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's hope he turns out like him and we keep him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raiders fans seem "meh" that he is gone.

He was behind Sam Williams and Lachlan Croker amongst others.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like a megaflop. If he was any good he would have been on a Broncos scholarship since he was 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.