Dogs over the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously just sack the whole lot and build everything from the ground up. It's beyond a joke now. I don't want the dogs to become a poorly run organisation like parra.
That poorly run organisation is still signing players hand over fist and retaining the bulk of the worthwhile players in their roster. The high profile ones they lost should never have been there in the first place; part of an illegally formed roster that then attracted others to the club. The shedding of those players got them under the cap, the now creative accounting will see them stay under. Our bean counters must have got their qualifications from a Kellogg's box.

They are fast becoming the Broncos of the Sydney scene where players will actually pay money out of their own pockets to play for them.;););););)

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That poorly run organisation is still signing players hand over fist and retaining the bulk of the worthwhile players in their roster. The high profile ones they lost should never have been there in the first place; part of an illegally formed roster that then attracted others to the club. The shedding of those players got them under the cap, the now creative accounting will see them stay under. Our bean counters must have got their qualifications from a Kellogg's box.

They are fast becoming the Broncos of the Sydney scene where players will actually pay money out of their own pockets to play for them.;););););)
Least they can attract players but we can't to save our skin. but the ones we attract are fringe first graders

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This tells me the club weren't really going after Foran hard. The perception was they were going hard for him but in reality they were creating that illusion for gullible fans (me included).
FK off everyone on the board, in the front office and Des himself.

Over it.
With ya mate. Although I don't blame Des yet entirely.

I hope like fuck that this years roster is no where near the cap.

With Williams and Perrett and whoever else gone and fuck all recruited surely we are.

I really hope this year Tolman and maybe even Graham are moved on. Lichaa too if he produces this shit he has last season. Lloyd, Abbey and any other nuftie eating decent money can fark off too. Go all out for a gun fullback and gun half. Otherwise we got another 12+ years coming of no titles.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

With Williams and Perrett and whoever else gone and fuck all recruited surely we are.

I really hope this year Tolman and maybe even Graham are moved on. Lichaa too if he produces this shit he has last season. Lloyd, Abbey and any other nuftie eating decent money can fark off too. Go all out for a gun fullback and gun half. Otherwise we got another 12+ years coming of no titles.
Yep ... same with me...

Des isn't dumb.. he'll know it's a final chance to turn things around.

On paper and ability, our side is definitely up there with a chance.. but we lack direction, cohesion, and a kicking game. Fix those three things and we are well on the way to grand final success.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score

Mate we singed David Penna.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly. After the NRL slapped Parra they realised the amount of lost revenue and are now helping with the bean counting to ensure the club remains 'successful'

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned (probably has) but I just read that we were over the cap due to a player being placed on the open market and the club expecting him to be picked up but it never eventuated.

Lloyd Perrett anyone?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Seriously some of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
It was simply a case of us expecting to off load Lloyd Perrett and the deal falling through. Get over it.
It's a minor thing that the media is playing up.
We've also received minor breaches in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009. It happens. You pay the fine and you move on.
As far as I can tell every single club in the NRL has received a breach at one time or another. The tigers were over by $380k in 2010 and got fined $180k.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is absolute bullshit, the bulldogs rorting the cap again, serial salary cap cheats while honest clubs like Parra have to work double hard to keep up with the cheats.
The NRL needs to come down hard here imho.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just starting moving up in defence instead of running backwards. Put some fear into the opposition and starve them of time and space.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
If we are over the cap I'd atleast expect us to be playing better footy but we aren't. We are poor on & off the field. Sorry to say this but we've lost our club mongrel!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
This is absolute bullshit, the bulldogs rorting the cap again, serial salary cap cheats while honest clubs like Parra have to work double hard to keep up with the cheats.
The NRL needs to come down hard here imho.
Lol yeah poor parra they should be compensated.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. After the NRL slapped Parra they realised the amount of lost revenue and are now helping with the bean counting to ensure the club remains 'successful'
Article in the Telecrap from Semi today is along the lines of him honouring his deal next year when ( not if) Parramatta wins the premiership...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Article in the Telecrap from Semi today is along the lines of him honouring his deal next year when ( not if) Parramatta wins the premiership...
Parra have 2018 in the bag,
2017 premiership will go to another fairy tail,
Or even possibly the roosters,

Speaking of salary cap,
Lol
The roosters
Nuffield said,

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Greenberg has given it the all clear, looks like even the players know its in the bag ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.