News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
You wanna waste another season
The problem is we can't sign anyone for this year, and our juniors are still developing.

What we can fix now though is the coaching. Players needs to be improving not regressing.

I think we should be lining up Michael Maguire for 2025. If we are 1 win for 10 games in a couple of months, punt Ciraldo, let the interim coach run it for the rest of the year and start 2025 with a fresh approach.

Most importantly, no more Penrith imports, we need our own culture not Ciraldo's attempted duplication of Penrith's attack and defence.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is we can't sign anyone for this year, and our juniors are still developing.

What we can fix now though is the coaching. Players needs to be improving not regressing.

I think we should be lining up Michael Maguire for 2025. If we are 1 win for 10 games in a couple of months, punt Ciraldo, let the interim coach run it for the rest of the year and start 2025 with a fresh approach.

Most importantly, no more Penrith imports, we need our own culture not Ciraldo's attempted duplication of Penrith's attack and defence.
This is what I’m talking about.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s not wrong.. Gus can no longer deflect, he’s been here 3 years now
We won every grade except for 1st grade over the weekend - his core role was to develop pathways and sustainably, we have the best young pups of any club, we won the Club championship for the first time in decades… what he’s doing is working… in a year or two, the Papalii’s, Wood’s & O’Neils will be playing NRL, the team we have now are caretakers and mentors, there was no one on the market, he’s done a better job than anyone would have given the circumstances.

First 5 rounds we are playing top 4/8 teams, thereafter, we get a better run, long season, let’s see how it plays out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s not wrong.. Gus can no longer deflect, he’s been here 3 years now
hes generally done a great job turning over so much deadwood so fast, high class forwards have just proven harder to get hold of than centres or utilities which there are 100s of.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We havent got bad forwards but none of them is a battering ram kind of forward who bends the line, like a Haas, Tino, AFB. All 3 of those player's sides look worse when those players are off the field. Sam Hughes is a big body, if they get him to play more minutes if able, it may help.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I’m not a fan of Richie but agree. Gus has had ample time to recruit forwards. They wouldn’t be stupid enough to think we have a forward pack to compete with any grade teams. Hell even some nsw cup teams have a bigger forward pack then us. It’s bullshit to think we are so light up front and signed players we actually really didn’t need. Depth players fair enough but most of these utilities were promised a starting spot in the side hence why they signed and it shouldn’t have come to that.
We got monstered up the middle and yet to see a genuine halves combo that actually works for years. If Gus doesn’t recruit any big guns for next year then im prepared to fuck him off alone with ciraldo.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So you are a lier, you are not no1 bulldog, you must mean no 1.1 million bulldog.
it’s just a username mate I tried atleast 10 others before that which were already taken. But I stand by what I said this year will be no different to that last few, if you want to live in denial feel free do so

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no props on the market. Can’t buy something that’s not available. Thanks dumb ****. Everyone knows we need middles. The club included.
Exactly mate, the whole lack of middle signings is tiresome, Ritchie or anyone just need to say who we “should’ve/could've” signed, tried for Tino, Haas, AFB and Mo and not one of them went anywhere other than AFB who chose the strongest option.

I’m sure Gus has and will continue to try and line someone up, it just isn’t as easy as some would suggest.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it’s just a username mate I tried atleast 10 others before that which were already taken. But I stand by what I said this year will be no different to that last few, if you want to live in denial feel free do so
Relax I was just pulling your leg no need to be this depressed.
I’m not in denial I know we will be competitive and will be winning games.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old articles dusted off and reprinted....

The season is already written off, see you next year boys...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DOGS OF POOR

Poor old Canterbury fielded $3 million worth of new recruits against Parramatta – but where are the Bulldogs’ middles?

Club general manager Phil Gould has lured some big names to the club for 2024 but nearly all are backs or utilities.

Where is the grunt?

Even after just 80 minutes of 2024, only a brave, or stupid, person would tip Canterbury to play finals footy.

Only one of the seven new buys on the field against Parramatta was a middle – former Roosters, Dolphins, Warriors and Dragons journeyman Poasa Faamausili.

The other recruits were Stephen Crichton, Josh Curran, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Blake Taaffe and Jaeman Salmon.

Curran is an edge forwards who can play in the middle.

Parramatta’s Junior Paulo and Reagan Campbell-Gillard monstered Canterbury through the middle during the Eels’ comfortable 26-8 round one win at CommBank Stadium.

Long gone are the days of fearsome Bulldogs middles like Peter Kelly, David Gillespie, Peter Tunks and Geoff Robinson – the Dogs of War.

New buy, prop Daniel Suluka-Fifita, has a knee injury while Liam Knight played NSW Cup. The possible signing of former Roosters middle Sio Siua Taukeiaho fell over.

The chase for Taukeiaho and late off-season signing of Suluka-Fifita shows that Canterbury is aware they’re one or two middles short.

Canterbury had limited field position and possession – and they were gritty – but the season ahead looks modest, if not bleak. Parramatta led 20-0 in the second half.
To you it's the " Dogs of War " you News Crap wh@re.